B134 ready for take-off!!

Rate this topic

RPSI B134

Great news has reached us from China.

The special limited edition of our 121 class locomotive B134 is now all packed and ready to go. The models along with the Murphy Models version of B121 and B135 will also be part of the first shipment.

The shipment is due to leave China over the next day or so and depending on Customs clearance etc they will be heading straight to the distribution centre by the end of next week. These limited edition models of B134 are very popular with modellers and supporters of the RPSI. Thanks to all who have supported this project and in turn have supported the RPSI. The income to the society from our regular mainline operations has ceased this year so the support of this project is very much appreciated.

If you have not already secured your model, please do so now because once they are gone they are gone. There will not be another run of these highly detailed and collectable models https://irishrailwaymodels.com/products/b134-class-121-locomotive-rpsi-grey-yellow

Packed.jpg

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, Robert Shrives said:

The briefer the description the easier to get out of China without excess payments and good to see on plastic pallet. Hope they arrive without too much fuss.  

Yeah I get that. It's just funny how a customs official will see essentially a nondescript box similar to many other nondescript boxes they will have seen while ravenous-dog like model railway enthusiasts this side of the world would sell a kidney to get them a day earlier lol. It's like my missus just sees a plastic toy and thinks I'm utterly insane for spending any money at all on them. Different strokes for different folks. Bit of a juxtaposition is all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mphoey said:

there gone from their stock online

Still in stock in Cork.

If you drop them a message, I'm sure they'll move them to the online store for you.

Even still, if you don't get the loco, and the RPSI (hopefully) have another coach release at some stage, then there'll be nothing available to haul them!

Just a quick update...

The first shipment of 121 models from China have departed the factory and are now officially on their way.

The shipment which is made up of our limited edition model of B134 alongside Murphy Models B121 and B135, is due to arrive in Dublin Airport on Monday lunchtime.

The models will then go through Customs clearance before they are collected and immediately dispatched to the distribution centre for delivery to customers.

Limited number of this one off model remain available for purchase but once they are gone they are gone! Thanks to all those who have supported this project. Also to Paddy Murphy of Murphy models who made production possible and to IRM for facilitating the ordering and distribution of the model on our behalf.

To order your one please follow this link https://irishrailwaymodels.com/products/b134-class-121-locomotive-rpsi-grey-yellow

• Like 3

Hi everyone,

This thread is now open again after it was taken totally off topic over the weekend. The off topic posts have been removed out of respect for the RPSI and Murphy Models 121s. Let's keep it about them,

If anyone involved in the off topic discussion would like to discuss that subject further, you can contact us direct via email: support@irishrailwaymodels.com 

Any more off topic posts on this thread shall be removed. Let's keep it about the exciting arrival of these models.

Cheers!

Fran (on behalf of IRM) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

West meets East?

As RPSI had given the link, I had a look and found it flying over territory well known to older RPSI members who hunted steam in the old East Germany - namely Chemnitz - then known as KARL MARX STADT!

Still good for steam as there's a big steam museum there based in a double roundhouse. Lots of old diesels there of B134's vintage, but RUSSIAN-built.

Knowing that, I may actually run my B134 in memory of such happy days (dodging the Stasi poilice!).

Edited by leslie10646
  • Like 2

Don't they have to go to Accurascale's fulfilment partners depot in UK first and they get posted back to Irish customers, or are these being handled by IRM in Dublin (ie like the ballast and bubbles)?

Edited by Warbonnet
Defying direction of moderator and off topic posting
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Noel said:

Don't they have to go to Accurascale's fulfilment partners depot in UK first and they get posted back to Irish customers, or are these being handled by IRM in Dublin (ie like the ballast and bubbles)?

Clear direction here, Noel. Enjoy the week off. Feel free to email your query to us. 

Thanks,

Fran

To answer the other query.

They will be shipped from the UK so it will be a couple of weeks before they land with you all if you ordered these 121s with us.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Informative 1
  • WOW! 1

1 hour ago, Noel said:

Its sounds a wee bit Daft then flying them into Dublin and then off to blighty,  Surely extra cost added, ah well. Was looking forward to a Video tomorrow am!

16 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

Its sounds a wee bit Daft then flying them into Dublin and then off to blighty,  Surely extra cost added, ah well. Was looking forward to a Video tomorrow am!

Distribution from our combined IRM/Accurascale warehouse & fulfilment centre is the most cost-effective option, especially as we no longer have storage or shipping facilities here due to having no need for it. :) 

• Like 2
  • Informative 3

23 minutes ago, Garfield said:

Distribution from our combined IRM/Accurascale warehouse & fulfilment centre is the most cost-effective option, especially as we no longer have storage or shipping facilities here due to having no need for it. :) 

i  bet someone here wold have offered storage space

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

1 minute ago, mphoey said:

i  bet someone here wold have offered storage space

Were you willing to pack all the orders and offer the space, Martin? Fair play, going above and beyond for the RPSI.

Locked ONCE AGAIN due to people taking the joy out of the MM and RPSI 121. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Angry 1