Big day for Accurascale tomorrow when the first Deltics arrive with customers

Rate this topic

Noel

14 hours ago, irishthump said:

Ok, I watched part of the review and all I'll say is:

1) The slow speed performance. I don't think an hour is long enough of a run-in time to hang your conclusions on. I find it takes quite a bit longer to get optimum performance from a brand new motor and he's also using DC!

2) The couplers. He says there at the "wrong height". Does he realise there is no standard height for tension locks? We have a standard NEM pocket height but half the time it's not adhered to by manufactures and you often come across cranked couplers which can have them at any height! Not to mention the fact that every coupling he shows on his own stock seems to be drooping! 

Sorry for the rant.....

Our NEM pockets are at the correct NEM height (we double checked after too!) so we were puzzled by that.

Still, second best loco ever on his leaderboard. We'll take that. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Warbonnet said:

Our NEM pockets are at the correct NEM height (we double checked after too!) so we were puzzled by that.

Still, second best loco ever on his leaderboard. We'll take that. 

Cheers!

Fran 

yeah seen that a lad Measured them on RMWEB too and they were spot on. 

Any Behind that couch yet? :)

Will the 37's leap ahead of the Deltic so or even the Manor? Stay Tuned! (the Free postage swayed it I think :) )

• Like 1

15 hours ago, irishthump said:

Well I see Sam's Trains has a review up um Youtube. But you guys will have to tell me how it goes, 'coz I will not watch it!😀

The comments under Sam's review should have the IRM lads (14 of them now?) blushing, almost nothing but compliments and people raving about the loco:

23 minutes ago, irishmail said:

Strange for an Irish company not shipping to/within Ireland?  ;\)

They do ship to Ireland from their Irish warehouse. I'm due to receive a loco later this week. Shipped from inside EU so no brexit shipping headaches. 

• Informative 1

No Stock on the EU site, All out of stock.. Checked. Still have a Nimbus in me Cart. If its gone there gone.

Usally the IRM lads are back with answers sharpish. Maybe all the stock is UK Based.

2 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

No Stock on the EU site. Checked. Still have a Nimbus in me Cart. If its gone there gone.

Usally the IRM lads are back with answers sharpish. Maybe all the stock is UK Based.

Edit Nimbus sold out....nice one...

Money staying in the bank then. and bought a roof rack instead. Shame

Edited by Georgeconna

8 hours ago, BosKonay said:

Brexit means a few more hoops. We’ve.m pallets of stock importing to Dublin at the moment including our own stock. Once all sorted there will be a few deltics on the eu site. 

If Johnson wasn't tearing up the NI protocol a warehouse in Newry might be an attractive option right now.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

On 27/6/2022 at 11:29 AM, Noel said:

The bit I saw he seemed glowingly positive about the Deltic and full of praise. Seems strange to review models on a train set layout on attic bedroom carpet. Looking forward to my deltic which should be arriving this week.

I thought that as well, and to be fair he made it abundantly clear that he was nitpicking because he could find little wrong with it, he was definitely a little hard on it in the performance categories and im sure if he had spent a little more time with it instead of rushing out the review to compete with all the other ones that are popping up he might have gotten the few little teething problems ironed out.

Its the same standard of review that he gives to all manufacturers and to be fair he takes plenty of opportunity during the review to use this loco to bash the others for not even coming close to what accurascale have achieved with this loco.

the carpet thing is just his solution for having a big layout without a whole lot of free space. I dont think its particularly bad, we get to see how the stock runs on less than ideal surfaces.

Edited by Sean
  • Like 1

Not a big fan of Sam's reviews but, judging by the number of hits on his YouTube channel, seems to have broad appeal. The layout on the floor isn't ideal for filming the running sessions which occur near the conclusions of his reviews but reflects what many railway modelers have to resort to when they don't have the resources to build a proper layout. Nonetheless, he's promoting the hobby and that always has to be a good thing and he was more than positive about the Accurascale Deltic.

PS - I wonder when next it'll be "Big day tomorrow for IRM when............"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, connollystn said:

Not a big fan of Sam's reviews but, judging by the number of hits on his YouTube channel, seems to have broad appeal. The layout on the floor isn't ideal for filming the running sessions which occur near the conclusions of his reviews but reflects what many railway modelers have to resort to when they don't have the resources to build a proper layout. Nonetheless, he's promoting the hobby and that always has to be a good thing and he was more than positive about the Accurascale Deltic.

PS - I wonder when next it'll be "Big day tomorrow for IRM when............"

Me thinks the model show in October we will find out when that big day is…

I am one of those people who resort to a layout on the floor, albeit a layout on a wooden floor but still. I think it’s a good idea to run on the “worst case scenario” layout to see how locos hold up from different manufacturers 

• Like 3

There are probably many people who don't have the luxury of baseboards, tables etc, who will run their trains on carpet, so Sam's Trains caters for them.

As Sean says, testing under difficult conditions like carpet is probably fairer than testing under ideal conditions.

Reading the comments under the various YT videos, people seem absolutely enthralled with the 55's; the quality, the innovation, the features and the value.

I guess that none of them had experienced the IRM A's!

One recurring theme in the reviews and comments is how Accurascale have set the bar for other to follow.

• Like 3