Big day for Accurascale tomorrow when the first Deltics arrive with customers

Rate this topic

Noel

Lots of videos of the Accurascale Deltic uploaded. Most people are delighted with their' purchases while, a few have had minor issues - namely, parts which have fallen off. The funny thing is that it's not obvious to them where the parts have fallen from which makes me wonder if it was necessary to have them in the first place. All of my IRM A classes arrived in perfect condition and for a while kept discovering details/parts which I never knew existed. I learned more by looking at that model than from any amount of photographs and written articles I've seen over the years. For me, IRM got the fundamentals right and the added details are a bonus and I believe it's the same in relation to the Accurascale Deltics. Don't know if anyone has ever said this before but, Did we get too much for our money?

• Like 4

On 28/6/2022 at 11:02 PM, BosKonay said:

Brexit means a few more hoops. We’ve.m pallets of stock importing to Dublin at the moment including our own stock. Once all sorted there will be a few deltics on the eu site. 

Any update when this'll be out of interest.

• Like 1

An Accurascale  Deltic landed here on our club test track Wednesday night. So silent it should be called a "stealth" all you could hear was the click of the wheels over the rail joints. Amazing!

If Accurascale can produce such quality for the price, it does beg the question, why can't others?

:dig:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mike 84C said:

An Accurascale  Deltic landed here on our club test track Wednesday night. So silent it should be called a "stealth" all you could hear was the click of the wheels over the rail joints. Amazing!

If Accurascale can produce such quality for the price, it does beg the question, why can't others?

:dig:

Was looking at the Hornby catalogue there, they must be like those crypto lads thinking they'll go to the moon with the price of them. And thats in sterling mind you.

The rehashed class 37s and the 'I can't believe it's not Lion' were noted. Perhaps a lawsuit down the line from Rapido..

the comments under the video can be summarised as 'look nice, but i won't be buying them at that price!'

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, GSR 800 said:

Was looking at the Hornby catalogue there, they must be like those crypto lads thinking they'll go to the moon with the price of them. And thats in sterling mind you.

The rehashed class 37s and the 'I can't believe it's not Lion' were noted. Perhaps a lawsuit down the line from Rapido..

the comments under the video can be summarised as 'look nice, but i won't be buying them at that price!'

“I can’t believe its not lion” set was officially revolked a few days ago…it’s one of the most bonkers moves I’ve seen a company pull in a while.

unfortunately. If I want to get a Ruston 88DS I’ll have to go via Hornby. Luckily for us exclusively Irish models. Our catalogue is quality models all around (albeit the 2nd hand market is less healthy aside from a few notable exceptions) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob229 said:

Looking forward to seeing it run

Gave it a quick run-in when I got home from work, very impressive. Only got to play with it for an hour or so, damn attic is WAY too hot right now!

I’ll try and get a video up in the next day or too for anyone who’s interested.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, irishthump said:

Gave it a quick run-in when I got home from work, very impressive. Only got to play with it for an hour or so, damn attic is WAY too hot right now!

I’ll try and get a video up in the next day or too for anyone who’s interested.

Please do, superb loco, one of my first loco was a Lima Deltic

32 minutes ago, irishthump said:

We Ok here’s a quick video, please excuse the crappy quality!

I haven’t had the chance to do any programming except for lowering the overall volume, which was deafening! A testament to excellent speaker set up in this model.

Here’s a YouTube link….

Was looking for this on your YT channel last night as the forum video wouldn't load for me.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, irishthump said:

We Ok here’s a quick video, please excuse the crappy quality!

I haven’t had the chance to do any programming except for lowering the overall volume, which was deafening! A testament to excellent speaker set up in this model.

Here’s a YouTube link….

Superb Deltic and great sound, thanks for video,  enjoy 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2022 at 3:53 PM, Westcorkrailway said:

“I can’t believe its not lion” set was officially revoked a few days ago…it’s one of the most bonkers moves I’ve seen a company pull in a while....

Could have been worse. Could have been the Provisional Lion, or Continuity Lion.... 🤷‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...