eBay Watch

Rate this topic

BosKonay

4 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

I have a DCC lord Nelson Split chassis, Works like a dream. No issue with them. Easy enough to DCC to.

Must be me! I also DCC'd a pair of split chassis Bachmann's and it was a challenge not to mention nigh impossible to get them to run as free as they did before I spilt and put the chassis sides back together again sandwiching the motor. Essential to isolate the motor from both sides of the chassis. I was ultra careful with the realignment and all the plastic bushes but no matter what I did even after re-running them in again they were not satisfactory. I then did a lot of reading up on it over on rmweb from folks with a lot of split chassis conversion experience and the consensus was they were not worth the effort. A few models have the motor exposed and therefore can be easily converted with splitting the chassis. 

IMG_4305.jpg

IMG_4304.jpg

Edited by Noel

32 minutes ago, WRENNEIRE said:

that's rough Noel

Square front looks well off among other things

However it might suit someone who is willing to accept it

On an Athern chassis so I reckon it will be a good runner.

Sure is. I nearly fell of my seat laughing when I saw it. It's an SW1500 switcher that got bashed with an ugly stick. It's an old early generation Athern so not even worth chassis donor value. No where near as good a runner as later generation Atheran SW1500s.

• 5 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, WRENNEIRE said:

€62.50+ €14.50 p&p  = €77

Hi Dave.  Most folks use AddressPal or ParcelMotel from UK rather than eBay'ers ripoff postage to Ireland.

€62.50+ €8.20 p&p  = €70.70 (via AddressPal)

Expensive but well less than the insane prices some EGVs have achieved on eBay over the past few years.  Rare as hens teeth.

Noel

• 1 month later...

OO gauge 12 - 20fts Containers included 6 BELL on Ebay Railvault.

I am not sure 100% BELL containers from Hornby, It could be from other brands? HO or OO gauge??

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-ASSORTED-OO-GAUGE-HORNBY-20-SHIPPING-CONTAINERS-TEX-AND-BELL-6Z/173269085455?hash=item2857a46d0f:g:~soAAOSwO4Ra0M4X

Edited by steventrain

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Sails said:

The much anticipated Murphys Models Class 121 has finally arrived, 🙄

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Murphy-Models-121-Loco/263751276389?hash=item3d68cd1765:g:CxQAAOSw0GNbHk4w

That's one of the finest MIR kit builds I have seen.  We may see quite a few kit built 121's being off loaded on eBay and elsewhere in the months before MM release their RTR model.

2 minutes ago, Noel said:

That's one of the finest MIR kit builds I have seen.  We may see quite a few kit built 121's being off loaded on eBay and elsewhere in the months before MM release their RTR model.

Hi Noel, Its the branding of this kit item as a Murphy Models product that I am questioning, why didnt the seller list as a kit built class 121?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sails said:

Hi Noel, Its the branding of this kit item as a Murphy Models product that I am questioning, why didnt the seller list as a kit built class 121?

Agree. It seems "Murphy Models" is a misused phrase on many listings that refer to any Irish models. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, StevieB said:

Seller has probably just forgotten the listing.  Its no more than a €50 paper weight, or static decor for a yard siding.

1 minute ago, jason brady said:

Chancing their arm or deluded. Hard to tell which. There's alot of both out there. 

Well I'm thinking of buying it, sitting on it for 6 months, then re-selling €400. its obvious that this particular loco was designed by a superior craftsman whose work fetches a fine price. 

I also invest my money in early 1990's Mikado biscuits.

• Funny 1

11 minutes ago, Sails said:

Well I'm thinking of buying it, sitting on it for 6 months, then re-selling €400. its obvious that this particular loco was designed by a superior craftsman whose work fetches a fine price. 

Damn you Sails. I was hoping to put people off and buy it myself for the same reason :)  

• Funny 2

1 hour ago, Sails said:

I'll swap you for an early vintage coconut cream,

Guaranteed mint & uneaten ☺️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sails said:

You get some interesting ones where either the dealer has no idea of the market for model trains or are simply trying it one. This tender was originally listed around $1700 close to the going rate for a complete loco and tender about 12 months ago, an antique dealer had a brass railcar listed for about twice the market proce for about two years before withdrawing the item

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Accucraft-Large-Scale-D-RGW-Bumble-Bee-Tender-Only-1-20-3-Model-Train-Electric/112148162447?hash=item1a1c8d278f:g:0E8AAOSw4shX54a3

1 hour ago, StevieB said:

There was a time, before the MM201, that the lima version was very much sought after and would command that sort of price. Now even the MM version are proving difficult to sell.

Stephen

The 201 as a prototype never seemed to be quite as 'nostalgia' popular with the hobby's age demographics.  Often wondered if the longer length of 201 model locos was a visual issue on typical layout curves, or was it just that the very distinctive shape of the other GMs had greater appeal?

3 hours ago, Noel said:

The 201 as a prototype never seemed to be quite as 'nostalgia' popular with the hobby's age demographics.  Often wondered if the longer length of 201 model locos was a visual issue on typical layout curves, or was it just that the very distinctive shape of the other GMs had greater appeal?

Talking of large locos, have you had a chance to hold (in its box anyway) the class 70? Now that's a beast of a model,

It's always made me laugh how much scorn is levelled at the Lima 201 model. I can clearly understand the sentiment about the price the seller has listed the model for and it is hugely overpriced.

But one of the descriptions of the model is a bit snidey when you consider how some folks have been extolling other manufactuers products that in some cases are completely fictitious and seriously overpriced . Without the Lima 201 would we be in the current climate of fantastic loco coach and wagon models we have today, I doubt it.  As an aside I do believe that the shade of orange on the Lima 201 is a lot closer to the shade of the prototype then it is on the MM original 201 as delivered livery.

Rich,

• Like 1