eBay Watch

Rate this topic

BosKonay

I know the CD motor has been suggested before. It doesn't seem very expensive it if fits in and saves some work on figuring out the retrofit from scratch. These must be secondhand motors I suspect. Wonder how long they would last. Possibly a fair while as CD/DVD drive get a fair amount of spinning relative to being on a loco unless you're running it all day long. Free shipping for most of you too!

Anybody used one...?

I know the CD motor has been suggested before. It doesn't seem very expensive it if fits in and saves some work on figuring out the retrofit from scratch. These must be secondhand motors I suspect. Wonder how long they would last. Possibly a fair while as CD/DVD drive get a fair amount of spinning relative to being on a loco unless you're running it all day long. Free shipping for most of you too!

Anybody used one...?

I used CD motor in a Hornby HST a while back. They fit near perfectly the only issue being getting the drive gear to fit snugly on the motor shaft.

They can be picked up easily from junked PC's, laptops or stereos, here's a link.

http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/showthread.php/77-Graham-s-Workbench?p=51957&viewfull=1#post51957

Price seemed excessive for old Lima junk. Jeepers I have two of these in great nick but didn't think they were worth more than a few bob for static display purposes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Do ebay sellers not realise their current prices on ebay for Irish stock is way above the market value and RRP here? It's just not going to sell at those daft prices.

That MIR 80 class kit is a rarity now. I'd be surprised if it doesn't sell.

Sorry for confusion, I meant to say typical Irish MM stock, rather than the Mir kit. The current prices for MM locos and coaches on ebay seem OTT.

When stock runs out maybe but right now they are crazy prices. If MM201 River Shannon went up there at €180 it would go very quickly I reckon. Same for any IR and IE 141/181s around the €130 mark.

Not sure about Shannon but the 141s are not making more than E110-E120 or its equivalent. Other liveries are going for even less than that. There are some on there for up to STG115 but they are still there. In the last few months I have purchased 187, 184, 171 (twice) all at less than Eur121, but I agree that if you chum the waters enough, someone will eventually bite.

I realized that would likely be the case. It's not my thing but I have seen several rebuilds of the Class 80s on the fora so I thought someone might be interested

Edited by DiveController
typo

The Enterprise respray BREL Mk4 set is back up after failing to get a single bid last time and is back at the same price. They are consistent, I'll give them that.

The definition of insanity - repeating something again & again and expecting different results! :tumbsup:

Nice bit of kit here

Very hard to pick them up in their proper box's

Hornby also did a break end, boxed in a R721 Box

£175 works out at about €245. lordy.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-HYMEK-R768-C-I-E-VERY-RARE-Diesel-loco-Mk-2-Coach-In-Irish-Livery-/281696149078?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4196661e56

Hi Dave. I have one of those awful CIE hymeks and the pair of the hornby CIE mk2a coaches that came with it. The two coaches are about to become donors for respraying/weathering training (i.e. not risking my MM mk2's). The Lima CIE class 33 which was released within a few years of the Hornby set was a far superior model and at least painted a sensible colour instead of the garish "ice pop" orange plastic used on the hornby's. The CIE roundel logo is a piece of sticky paper stuck on like a price label. Can't believe many would pay €245 for such toy rubbish.

Edited by Noel

Hi Dave. I have one of those awful CIE hymeks and the pair of the hornby CIE mk2a coaches that came with it. The two coaches are about to become donors for respraying/weathering training (i.e. not risking my MM mk2's). The Lima CIE class 33 which was released within a few years of the Hornby set was a far superior model and at least painted a sensible colour instead of the garish "ice pop" orange plastic used on the hornby's. The CIE roundel logo is a piece of sticky paper stuck on like a price label. Can't believe many would pay €245 for such toy rubbish.

Noel, if that sells don't repaint anything just stick them on eBay to offer to a collector

Brand new at Marks for equivalent of Stg100, hard month to sell. He's looking for a Hunslet

Ex shop stock according to the seller

The fact that they are in original box's is a lot of the value of these items

Have a load of them but only one boxes coach, and quess what, its R720, same as his one

If it were R721 I would be ringing him as he says he will not split the lot, dont know why?

If you are chopping them up Noel I have loads of Mk 2's that I would be willing to swap!!!

You'd have to be a collector alright - they are the most god-awful looking yokes those repainted Hymeks!