eBay Watch

Rate this topic

BosKonay

25 minutes ago, RobertRoche said:

Another Galway MK2 generator going for big money....if anyone wants one I have a spare :D https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Murphys-Models-MM5601-MK2-Generator-Car/283921868110?hash=item421b0fe54e:g:pJ8AAOSwVSte7zRl

I was only delighted picked up 3 last year for 40e a piece to learn they are not so popular 😂, my favourite livery!! 

Same two bidders as the last galway gen. I put one on myself, it sold for decent money (to fund a guinness liner pack for meself :-)) but it did not attract these two bidders, so sold for much less. (Although still a lot more than my original purchase price so I'm happy believe me!) Just wondering, though.....

• Like 1

Big bump up there with nearly a Ton Jump in Price in one go...mmmmm. 

On the other end of the scale I had a 1.48 Morris Van, sold on ebay today, Worth about a £10 on the shop shelf, Sold for €1.00 and the guy canceled it over €0.50 postage. He Tells me post should be €5.50. PFO I told him. I'll leave the kid play with it.

• Funny 3

Just would like to say I  have just re started  my interest  in irish locos again and i do own  a 141 class .And just thought i might like To see if there were any others on E BAY   but was cutt dead in my tracks on the insane 2nd hand prices . i  will go back and check but i could not belive my eyes a 141 was  going for £400 and thats on bids . there is no way on earth i or most people  can pay that sort of money . i just hope and fingers crossed bachmann do a re run and soon  that would may be putt a stop to this sort of practice 

• Like 3

Dont hold your breath Kev, MM wont be doing a re run any time soon
The Chinese manufacturers want big runs of everything atm, small runs, and it would have to be small would have the locos costing around the €250 mark
They do turn up at the likes of the Stillorgan or Bray toy fairs , might be worth a visit when they reopen

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kevo said:

Just would like to say I  have just re started  my interest  in irish locos again and i do own  a 141 class .And just thought i might like To see if there were any others on E BAY   but was cutt dead in my tracks on the insane 2nd hand prices . i  will go back and check but i could not belive my eyes a 141 was  going for £400 and thats on bids . there is no way on earth i or most people  can pay that sort of money . i just hope and fingers crossed bachmann do a re run and soon  that would may be putt a stop to this sort of practice 

Yes agree with you, the current prices on eBay for 141/181 these past six months had been around €190, but only a few years ago €100-€140 was more the norm. Fortunately I picked up some a few years ago before the current price spike. As these locos were produced by Bachmann for MM I don't see a re-run happening anytime soon, unless another company decided to partner with MM and do a refreshed version of the 141/181s. :) :) To this day the 141/181s are my favourite locos of all time and their diminutive size really suits typical sized layouts. They can operate singly or in pairs.

33 minutes ago, kevo said:

Unfortunately, it's a simple case of supply and demand. Personally, I wouldn't pay that type of money, no matter how much I wanted the model. But there are people out there that will. And as long as their willing to part with their cash, you'll always see ridiculous prices like that. 

• Like 1

On 6/24/2020 at 1:35 PM, mmie353 said:

So looking at the prices achieved from the top
OO Brake van, $68, 10 bids 5 different bidders
HO Mk 2 in a good box, $28, 16 bids, 3 different bidders
OO Mk 1 $50, 26 bids, 5 different bidders
OO Mk 1 $46.50, 27 bids with 7 different bidders
HO Mk 2, box damage $17.50 4 bids 3 different bidders
OO 7 Plank $57, 14 bids, 5 different bidders

Would indicate there is still some interest out there for older Lima models, a lot of the bidders were bidding on all the items.
And also that 00 rather than H0 would appear to be more popular
Anyone here bid or win any of the items?
I think I know who won the 2 wagons 😔

On 6/28/2020 at 7:42 PM, Mike 84C said:

I was also watching that, someone really wanted those  two Park Royals! or maybe it was the Bachmann  compartment stock. Ebay is a strange place.

one park royal was paint and buffer damaged as well i was going to 100 max for the 2 park royals but that was it

51 minutes ago, WRENNEIRE said:

So looking at the prices achieved from the top
OO Brake van, $68, 10 bids 5 different bidders
HO Mk 2 in a good box, $28, 16 bids, 3 different bidders
OO Mk 1 $50, 26 bids, 5 different bidders
OO Mk 1 $46.50, 27 bids with 7 different bidders
HO Mk 2, box damage $17.50 4 bids 3 different bidders
OO 7 Plank $57, 14 bids, 5 different bidders

Would indicate there is still some interest out there for older Lima models, a lot of the bidders were bidding on all the items.
And also that 00 rather than H0 would appear to be more popular
Anyone here bid or win any of the items?
I think I know who won the 2 wagons 😔

bad part on these is post and customs  often costs more than the item

• Like 2

On 6/27/2020 at 11:09 PM, Noel said:

It's only a matter of time before these things start getting listed after the Rolex watches when CAB have conducted a successful raid.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

44 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

Well, I'm thinking of selling two BGMs and a four wheeled wagon, and buying a 6 bedroom house in Dublin 4..............

If I sold all my BGMs I might be able to buy Luxembourg :) Or, even Cork.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3