Warley (again!) IRRS Stand is C49, with Ballyconnell Road at C50!

Rate this topic

leslie10646

Usual rallying cry to those attending Warley Hall 5 at the NEC.

We've even managed to get beside the only(?) Irish layout there - the rightly famed 3mm Ballyconnell Road!

Richard McLachlan will be showing his drawings both on paper and via a monitor. We'll probably have a roll-over of photos from our archives as well.

I'll be selling Lambeg Man's (the late Steve Rafferty) extensive library, profits to Irish preservation as usual. Steve bought virtually everything published on Irish Railways, so a great opportunity to fill gaps in your library. Priced to sell, so plenty of bargains, as well.

We'll also have back number IRRS Journals.

If you are after particular ones, let me know and I'll set them aside - or make sure I bring them! Same goes for books - just ask!

I'm prepared to DELIVER wagons kits, but these MUST be pre-ordered before Wednesday!

Open to public                      Saturday 25th November                                         9.45 am - 6.00 pm

Sunday   26th November           9.45 am - 5.00 pm

(Advance Ticket holders shall be admitted at 9.15 a.m. on the public days)

Always quieter and more enjoyable on the Sunday.

Hope to see some of you there. Be sure to introduce yourselves!

Leslie and Richard

Edited by leslie10646
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, murphaph said:

My first time at Warley. I'm surprising the young lad on Friday after school when we head to the airport instead of home. Very much looking forward to it.

Good man. Make sure that you come and see us, even if only to say Hi. Have a good flight over - and the same to the rest of you doing the same!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Blaine said:

C44A for the first lot, you might see Paddy walking around on one of the days, thats it

HI ALL

We are the C44 right enough and in the same place as usual .

We also have a selection of HO and N Scale 1/60 containers as well .

Regards Arran

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

Having been asked by one valued customer for a particular few IRRS Journals it occurred to me that others might have similar "Wants".

We've always had a good stock of Back Numbers, but having purchased our late friend Lambeg Man's collection, we have almost a complete run - SO JUST ASK - we're asking a pretty nominal price, so ASK.

Delivery at Warley, or will post.

Within reason, I'll even look up a subject and see if there's  a Journal with an article about it.

Leslie

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, leslie10646 said:

Having been asked by one valued customer for a particular few IRRS Journals it occurred to me that others might have similar "Wants".

We've always had a good stock of Back Numbers, but having purchased our late friend Lambeg Man's collection, we have almost a complete run - SO JUST ASK - we're asking a pretty nominal price, so ASK.

Delivery at Warley, or will post.

Within reason, I'll even look up a subject and see if there's  a Journal with an article about it.

Leslie

Anything with Limerick Junction would be of interest to me Leslie. 🤞

Hi GL

First number is the Volume, the second is the page.

Limerick Junction, A day at                                                  9/185-188

Limerick Junction 150 Years On – P J Slattery                                                20/156

All these references under "Signalling"

Limerick Junction                                                      8/3, 99,101,150,196,198,247    9/6,53,107,203,247, 12/210,268

Volumes 8 and 9 look promising?

12 minutes ago, leslie10646 said:

Hi GL

First number is the Volume, the second is the page.

Limerick Junction, A day at                                                  9/185-188

Limerick Junction 150 Years On – P J Slattery                                                20/156

All these references under "Signalling"

Limerick Junction                                                      8/3, 99,101,150,196,198,247    9/6,53,107,203,247, 12/210,268

Volumes 8 and 9 look promising?

Excellent, my dad was a signalman in the south cabin, can I purchase those please?

A good build today at NEC with around 60% of walling and shell schemes built, 500 tables and 700 chairs in place, GWR tank 5164 has popped over from SVR as a fund raisier, it is a lightly weathered finish to encourage others! It does look good . 

Contractors building stands all afternoon and IRM boys stand started to arrive so hopefully it will fly up tomorrow.   

Long days for next 3 days, but looking forward to it (I think!) 

Robert  

• Like 7
  • WOW! 1

Well just about all in place 99% done ! IRRS stand with stalwarts in place during the afternoon and Ballyconnell Road up and looking ready to go.  Easy to find - big steam loco alongside and just down a bit from IRM on tour stand!  (IIRC A24.) - It has been a long day. 

I hope anybody on here who visits has a good day at the show.

Robert  

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Good to see lots of pals - thanks for calling by! 

Lambeg  Man's Library is disappearing off our stand to new homes far and wide. Still plenty left - he had a big library!

Great to see more of Robert's build's of my wagons.

"Stoned at Warley"?

IMG_7172(1).thumb.jpg.0032178ecc5fe9532a1ee75473ecba52.jpg

IMG_7174(1).thumb.jpg.1dce0c79aa89914e9c5a1afdb0c1fc63.jpg

Almost all of the chassis under  Robert's containers are the flat which is the basis of my Double Beet. Thanks, Robert for showing them off.

Among the visitors, The Irish Ambassador to Brandenburg, Murphaph, was there with his son Liam, photographed in front of Ballyconnell Road, by Lawrence, one of the BR team.

IMG_7176(1).thumb.jpg.f0948ec04426d4af6e423a647d81e0a1.jpg

• Like 15

The Best looking wagon kit yet, imo, the spoil wagon was a masterpiece Leslie, the enjoyment I got from building these kits, along with the single and double beet wagons, well let's just say they kept me grounded and in a good place, thank you.

Edited by John-r
Spelling
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Had a wonderful day at the Warley show yesterday, purchased a much sought after copy of IRRS Journal from Leslie, viewed the new IRM products and spent a long time at Ballyconnell Road, truly a wonderful model railway. All it needs is GNR(I) railcar set to complete the scene, and maybe a CIE one as well.

Stephen

• Like 6

22 hours ago, John-r said:

The Best looking wagon kit yet, imo, the spoil wagon was a masterpiece Leslie, the enjoyment I got from building these kits, along with the single and double beet wagons, well let's just say they kept me grounded and in a good place, thank you.

Very kind of you to say so, John. I'll pass on your kind thoughts to Michael, who has now retired. It was, without question HIS masterpiece. What a lot of folk don't know is that it took two shots to get the overhang of the hopper correct, which Michael patiently executed - I have both prototypes - real collector's pieces.

200 in service here and there - just three times as many as the real thing!

While I'm on, just to say that Richard and I are safely home, after our respective drives through a bit of rain. I'm glad that the :"Exhibition Season" is over - truly knackering  That said, the most successful ever., so thanks to those who supported us. 

I hope that the contingents from the North and the South got safely home.

Leslie

PS There was ANOTHER excellent Irish layout there - Annascoul - I'll post a pic or two tomorrow.

• Like 6

On 25/11/2023 at 10:44 PM, leslie10646 said:

Good to see lots of pals - thanks for calling by! 

Lambeg  Man's Library is disappearing off our stand to new homes far and wide. Still plenty left - he had a big library!

Great to see more of Robert's build's of my wagons.

"Stoned at Warley"?

IMG_7172(1).thumb.jpg.0032178ecc5fe9532a1ee75473ecba52.jpg

IMG_7174(1).thumb.jpg.1dce0c79aa89914e9c5a1afdb0c1fc63.jpg

Almost all of the chassis under  Robert's containers are the flat which is the basis of my Double Beet. Thanks, Robert for showing them off.

Among the visitors, The Irish Ambassador to Brandenburg, Murphaph, was there with his son Liam, photographed in front of Ballyconnell Road, by Lawrence, one of the BR team.

IMG_7176(1).thumb.jpg.f0948ec04426d4af6e423a647d81e0a1.jpg

Who's the handsome one?

On 25/11/2023 at 5:55 PM, ttc0169 said:

A big favourite most of the day was the superb Copenhagen fields layout. 
Hatton's genesis coaches were on display as were the ICRs on the Accurascale stand. 

IMG_2567.jpeg

IMG_2566.jpeg

IMG_2564.jpeg

Is that a 66001 in the background?

• Funny 1