Ernies Massive Irish 1930's to 2005 Photo Archive

Rate this topic

Some post card size photos from an old album have been received this week supposedly with the information that the negatives were no longer were in existence. Unfortunately after some digging the copyright holders have been located for the majority but there are some of the Londonderry & Lough Swilly  dated 31 August 1939 where I have been unable to trace the photographer.

I won't put them on flickr but here are 4 of Letterkenny which someone may recognise.

Letterkenny 1.jpg

Letterkenny 2.jpg

• Like 7

Unfortunately for these ones I have no idea as I havn't been able to locate the copyright holder(if there is one). 

The ones I have traced L&LSR, DN&GR and SLNCR are from 1948 and are copyright HMRS & LNWR Socy. 

Go on the HMRS site https://hmrs.org.uk/photographs.html and you can purchase digital copies. It's an easy site to follow - it must be because I managed to do it!

Edited by Irishswissernie
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Irishswissernie said:

Unfortunately for these ones I have no idea as I havn't been able to locate the copyright holder(if there is one). 

The ones I have traced L&LSR, DN&GR and SLNCR are from 1948 and are copyright HMRS & LNWR Socy. 

Go on the HMRS site https://hmrs.org.uk/photographs.html and you can purchase digital copies. It's an easy site to follow - it must be because I managed to do it!

Yes, I have used the HMRS service recently and they are very efficient- esp with digital copies. 

2 hours ago, Irishswissernie said:

Timoleague & Courtmacsherry Light Railway 5 November 1960, 552 at Courtmacsherry

CBSC 1960-11-05 Courtmacsherry 552 (4) CBSC 1960-11-05 Courtmacsherry 552 (5)

Dublin Inchicore Works C222 , said to be 1960 but possibly a bit later.

CIE 1964-xx-CA Inchicore C222

Certainly a bit later; in 1960 all locos were green or dirty silver. C's were initially black and tan, the all-black is probably about 1965.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Broithe said:

The top two pictures have that 'slightly too neat' look that many model layouts suffer from...

The station staff at Clonakilty Junction were very proud of there station and hence kept it clean. Ray good was a member of the staff and is still kicking today in the IRRS cork branch. He opened a railway wall at the site of the old junction about 2 weeks ago. Some of the other stations had bits and peices flung around, or had been overly done up to inflate the cost of running the railway 

• Like 2