Bargain Watch

Rate this topic

BosKonay

i like the 121 foam packaging quite a bit if im honest. the one caveat to me is that when putting the top piece of foam back in if you put it down the wrong way it becomes very easy to snap off the horn the next time you unbox the loco, its also very easy to put the foam in the wrong way as theres no real indication of which way its supposed to go, ive unboxed brand new locos with the top piece installed the wrong way however which was annoying  but as i was aware of the issue from a previous horn snapping i could still unbox without issue (although a little more nerve wracking then it should be)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Gerry (Millipede) has just dropped the price from €80 to €70 on this. It's a genuine Murphy Models coach, not a respray, so not a bad price considering.

Screenshot_20230525-084628.png

my restaurant now,  the only thing served shall be pints of 120 proof pure grice

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

anybody else find it highly annoying that adverts have taken away our ability to look at sold and withdrawn items?

probabaly easier on admin but it would be nice if they at least cached them for a short time.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

57 minutes ago, Sean said:

anybody else find it highly annoying that adverts have taken away our ability to look at sold and withdrawn items?

probabaly easier on admin but it would be nice if they at least cached them for a short time.

Flagged it with them late last year or early this year and they said that it was to do with Google Ads or something.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Sean said:

I hate, hate, hate to say it, but that's not as bad as the prices they fetch through eBay and through Hatton's, €120 each.

Plus, if I chose to sell some of mine, which have been run, I'd be selling for that kind of price to break even, after buying at above-average prices, paying postage, then paying import tax, then paying the same again to get them up to Ireland.

I know that there's a pretty low probability that your man Pat Bentley lives in Las Canarias, so probably hasn't paid quite that much, I do accept that.

On 7/6/2023 at 12:00 PM, DJ Dangerous said:

Warning!  Window formation not correct if respraying into lrish Mark 3's-  just for the purists 😂

Just now, Rob said:

Warning!  Window formation not correct if respraying into lrish Mark 3's-  just for the purists 😂

Doors and roof detailing probably wrong, too?

1 minute ago, Rob said:

Doors and roof detailing probably wrong, too?

• Agree 1

On 25/5/2023 at 8:42 PM, Sean said:

i like the 121 foam packaging quite a bit if im honest. the one caveat to me is that when putting the top piece of foam back in if you put it down the wrong way it becomes very easy to snap off the horn the next time you unbox the loco, its also very easy to put the foam in the wrong way as theres no real indication of which way its supposed to go, ive unboxed brand new locos with the top piece installed the wrong way however which was annoying  but as i was aware of the issue from a previous horn snapping i could still unbox without issue (although a little more nerve wracking then it should be)

Sounds like you DON'T like it!

😂

On 8/6/2023 at 9:03 PM, Sean said:

Now asking for €500 for the six Cravens. That's cheaper than Hatton's and eBay.

• 2 weeks later...

Two locos and two coaches for €400 (129 and 203) :

https://touch.adverts.ie/other-antiques-collectables/murphys-models-locomotives/30688292

177 and 183 for €250 each. Not bad if you could haggle him down to €200-ish:

https://touch.adverts.ie/models/murphy-models-141/30655485

230 for €250, same seller:

https://touch.adverts.ie/models/murphy-models/30009868

Gerry's Bachmann Mogul still for sale at only €100:

https://touch.adverts.ie/models/model-railway-irish-bachmann-loco/30645602

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

€250 for a 141 with the wrong box, pass thanks.. Miss getting them in Hattons for £90(not that long ago)

• Agree 3

5 hours ago, skinner75 said:

Plus brexit tax if you are in the EU don't forget

To be fair to Hattons, they're VAT registered for Ireland so purchasing from them is at lot more hassle-free than many other UK retailers.

https://www.hattons.co.uk/list/eventdetails?eventid=113

Edited by Flying Snail
Added link to Hatton's explanation of duty on orders to EU
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Murphy Models 141 Class no. 146 in IE livery for £202 GBP at Hatton's:

https://www.hattons.co.uk/1405764/bachmann_branchline_mm0146_po02_irish_class_141_146_in_ie_livery_commissioned_by_murphy_models_pre_owned_dcc_f/stockdetail

DCC fitted but it doesn't say which decoder.

The description is interesting:

Irish Class 141 146 in IE livery. Commissioned by Murphy Models. - Pre-owned - DCC fitted - Fair box

Packaging : Fair box

Numbering : As per factory

Bodyshell finish : Pristine

Running : Recently Tested and Fine

Control modifications : Digital Fitted

Original Product Description:

LIMIT OF 1 PER CUSTOMER.This locomotive features a 21 pin DCC socket and directional headlights (which can be switched off whilst double-heading). A seperately switched red light will also be fitted. 512 of each version will be produced

The models will be released in 3 lots of 4 locos, with approximately 6 weeks between delieveries. Each lot will comprise a Class 141 and Class 181 with different liveries per class.

Fleet number: 147

Light formation: 2+2

Tablet catcher (for single line running)? No

Number of aerials: 2

Makers plate? No

Dayglo panel? Yes

Front vent? No

Weathered? No

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...