Bargain Watch

Rate this topic

BosKonay

He has a second bundle up now also with a 201 and 5 MK2Ds for €900.. Again won’t split it which is less than ideal as the MK2s are a mix of black and orange roofs so not even a uniform rake.. plus the value is way off, none of the in really in demand MK2s included.. About €550 is probably fair value IMO(€250 for the 201 and €60 each per coach)

Open to offers though!

266DA1FD-9B42-4118-88F5-584C57962DDC.png

Edited by MOGUL
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

3 hours ago, MOGUL said:

He has a second bundle up now also with a 201 and 5 MK2Ds for €900.. Again won’t split it which is less than ideal as the MK2s are a mix of black and orange roofs so not even a uniform rake.. plus the value is way off, none of the in really in demand MK2s included.. About €550 is probably fair value IMO(€250 for the 201 and €60 each per coach)

Open to offers though!

I suspect that you might sell a complete train for maybe €500 or €600, but not €900.

Adverts.ie is not eBay, it doesn't have the reach or audience, and it's not a timed auction site so the red mist is missing.

• Agree 1

On 27/1/2023 at 8:23 PM, DJ Dangerous said:

I suspect that you might sell a complete train for maybe €500 or €600, but not €900.

Adverts.ie is not eBay, it doesn't have the reach or audience, and it's not a timed auction site so the red mist is missing.

But unlike ebay, Adverts is in Ireland, so people are not as terrified of VAT, postage or import fees

On 27/1/2023 at 5:15 PM, MOGUL said:

Open to offers though!

They must be trying to pay for rent in Dublin for that money..

• Funny 1

Gulp what prices! :( Feeling fortunate that I stabled a collection between 2014 and 2018 before these sort of excessive market prices spiked. Got fair value when Chris Dyre sold me 141/181s for gbp£95, and Dave Bracken for €110. Thanks guys. It seems only a few years ago I bought a new 071 IR off the shelf new from Marks Models for only €139. Where will it all end Ted? :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Westcorkrailway said:

529F1C90-014B-4149-94C2-B93BD1799E38.thumb.jpeg.a47afcdf1707d73c838f700330ddc1fc.jpeg

He must be REALLY reluctant to sell…

Edit: turns out he is, and I can understand a bit more 

2 minutes ago, MOGUL said:

Reluctant to sell at anything less than 80% of a mark up?

OK, just for you two numpties, where maths obviously isn't your strong point:

€115 for the Empty Flats from IRM - price still on the website so look it up...

€35 postage from Las Canarias to Dublin...

€10 customs and "handling fee" before An Post will release it - declared it as a low value gift to keep that amount down...

€20 to me for investing the time, energy and money in making something that was impossible to obtain, suddenly be available, in perfect condition, for collection in Dublin...

And, it's also possible that these were one of the parcels that DHL raped me for receiving back in the day, but I can't be sure so haven't factored it in.

I'm too busy in work for this shit during the week.

Maths is easy.

If you want to buy them, well and good, if not, good for you.

Lord, give me patience!

18 minutes ago, murphaph said:

This is true. The original price paid by a seller is unknown. Not everyone was able to buy at the original retail price. I recently sold a few bits and also had to factor in the fact I paid sterling with no rake discount + Vat + handling charges + post to Germany for them.

Truth is, I can't be 100% sure what the postage cost to me was at the time of purchase. I'm guessing €10 if I break down the cost of a larger parcel pro-rata, but can't prove that.

And DHL raped me with exorbitant handling charges at one point, when IRM were stuck using them temporarily. Again, I can't be sure if this was one of those parcels. Something like €40 or €50 handling fees per parcel. Not per order, but per parcel.

Maybe @Westcorkrailwaywould be so kind as to share a photo showing the postage price of the parcel that he received from me?

Somewhere between half and a quarter of the size of this one...

47 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

OK, just for you two numpties, where maths obviously isn't your strong point:

€115 for the Empty Flats from IRM - price still on the website so look it up...

€35 postage from Las Canarias to Dublin...

€10 customs and "handling fee" before An Post will release it - declared it as a low value gift to keep that amount down...

€20 to me for investing the time, energy and money in making something that was impossible to obtain, suddenly be available, in perfect condition, for collection in Dublin...

And, it's also possible that these were one of the parcels that DHL raped me for receiving back in the day, but I can't be sure so haven't factored it in.

I'm too busy in work for this shit during the week.

Maths is easy.

If you want to buy them, well and good, if not, good for you.

Lord, give me patience!

In our defence, none of that info is obvious from the ad on adverts and I didn’t link the sellers handle back to you..

I just saw an ad at €180 for something that’s listed at €100 on IRM.. 

For somewhere kind of in the Eu(aware canaries is a weird case) the costs quickly stack up!

D70AF31D-5C85-4A70-BF2A-E5C7375AC389.png

28 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Truth is, I can't be 100% sure what the postage cost to me was at the time of purchase. I'm guessing €10 if I break down the cost of a larger parcel pro-rata, but can't prove that.

And DHL raped me with exorbitant handling charges at one point, when IRM were stuck using them temporarily. Again, I can't be sure if this was one of those parcels. Something like €40 or €50 handling fees per parcel. Not per order, but per parcel.

Maybe @Westcorkrailwaywould be so kind as to share a photo showing the postage price of the parcel that he received from me?

Somewhere between half and a quarter of the size of this one...

I think postage was big alright. Double digits or something like that. Plus an post made me pay customs….which I definitely was not expecting 

6 minutes ago, MOGUL said:

In our defence, none of that info is obvious from the ad on adverts and I didn’t link the sellers handle back to you..

I just saw an ad at €180 for something that’s listed at €100 on IRM.. 

For somewhere kind of in the Eu(aware canaries is a weird case) the costs quickly stack up!

D70AF31D-5C85-4A70-BF2A-E5C7375AC389.png

A. That's the wrong product. The SKU and running numbers are IN MY ADVERT.

B. The username and avatar should be a giveaway. Various members have even joked about it on here before.

C. None of that needs to be clear in the advert. The asking price is the asking price.

D. There is no defence. If somebody doesn't know what they are talking about, they should stop talking.

E. Canaries ARE a special case - we'll see just how bad postage from here is when @Westcorkrailwayposts a photo.

F. I'm the one taking the risk by undervaluing it while getting it up to Dublin, so that the buyer doesn't have that risk- all that risk for €20 that may not even be profit as I can't calculate what it cost me to receive initially.

G. Just wait till you see how much it costs me to post an A Class up, again with me taking the risk by undervaluing it so that the buyer doesn't have that risk.

9 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

I think postage was big alright. Double digits or something like that. Plus an post made me pay customs….which I definitely was not expecting 

And that was the minimum size and weight. I ended up with a box of air, so found something else to fill up the space.

Correos en Canarias don't price like Correos España.

You buy the tarriff and make the most of the space and weight.

I have a rake of the original IRM Container liners to sell, probably for €650 odd, don't care if anybody objects to the mark-up, but I have no way of getting them to a buyer, so they sit on top of my wardrobe, laughing at me.

1 hour ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Nice to see an honest seller - title, description and lead photo all mention "Dicky". If only there were more sellers like this:

https://www.ebay.es/itm/144922075863

I don't get it , normally you are giving out about the price that some lads are asking for other bits and bobs and then ok with this one where the price is actually over double the original selling price? Honest though!

Still a good price for someone.

image.thumb.png.93ad2b13751d7b0bbf8d6d9c343e4357.png

1 minute ago, Georgeconna said:

I don't get it , normally you are giving out about the price that some lads are asking for other bits and bobs and then ok with this one where the price is actually over double the original selling price? Honest though!

Still a good price for someone.

image.thumb.png.93ad2b13751d7b0bbf8d6d9c343e4357.png

I whine and complain about gougers making a fortune and depriving genuine enthusiasts in the process.

We don't know what this seller paid, maybe they travelled to Dublin to buy them, maybe they had them posted to a UK address, so maybe they're making €5 or maybe they're making €15 EURO.

Either way, their cut is tiny, if there is one at all, and it's still a savage price for some lovely looking wagons.

It's the gougers who are adding hundreds to the prices and / or bought only to speculate that annoy me.

Evan Kelly, I'm looking your direction!

😂

Pair of IRM Taras for €80, great price, sold-out at IRM and Marks Models:

https://touch.adverts.ie/toy-cars-trains-boats-planes/model-railways-irish-railway-models-tara-mines-wagons-x-1packs-g/28777219

Pair of IRM Spoil wagons for €110, good price, specially for this particular seller, and a good way to get yourself some empty Flats for C-Rail containers:

https://touch.adverts.ie/models/irish-railway-models-wagons/28361598

Whole model railway for sale, including stock, for €850:

https://touch.adverts.ie/toy-cars-trains-boats-planes/model-railway/27123713

IRM Ballast wagons going for peanuts:

https://www.donedeal.ie/hobbies-for-sale/irish-railway-models-ballast-wagons/33329806

Taras, both blues and browns:

https://www.donedeal.ie/hobbies-for-sale/irish-railway-models-tara-mines-wagons/33329819

Outstanding price for the entire Bachmann Irish trainset, DCC fitted:

https://www.donedeal.ie/hobbies-for-sale/bachman-irish-railway-train-set-dcc-fitted/33168752

All from the same guy.

That Bachmann set, wow, I'd snap that up in a second if I were up in Ireland. Almost tempted to not share it with you lot and somehow plot to get it for myself!

• Informative 1
  • Funny 1

Not so sure that they are bargains but sharing them here increases the odds of them going to somebody who is a genuine enthusiast, whatever the price.

Seller might be flexible, somebody might be prepared to pay a big whammy to find that one missing loco, or IRM might drop some more photos of themselves measuring and scanning the real-life locos and put the kybosh on the current market prices.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Blaine said:

2 201's sold for €500 anyway, they are out there

The Murphy Models 071 & 201 locomotives sell for mad prices but is there really a market big enough for a modern day version with the bells, whistles, et al to be produced? Wonder what people will be paying those models this time next year?