Bargain Watch

Rate this topic

BosKonay

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Keitheg6 said:

I love the old Lima stuff but that takes the biscuit and the esb money 🙈

I certainly agree, Keith. I've watched some of my customers buy my earlier Dapol-oriented wagons and then sell them at double, or even treble the price.

But two HUNDRED? I think that's about a hundred-fold hike?

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, skinner75 said:

£28 to the Republic isn't free... and yet it doesn't even have to cross the Irish Sea...

I forgot to change the location 🙄

You could get it shipped free to DPD in the North & have it shipped down for €3.85.

That's of course if you were mad enough to buy the item in the first place 😉

• Informative 1

17 hours ago, WRENNEIRE said:

I saw that and honestly it's not even worth posting this. Shame on Andy. Must be hoping to get some estate cash for Christmas 2020 (if he's lucky) 

6 hours ago, CFD said:

Its going through the global shipping scheme - so will cross the Irish sea twice before its gets down here should anyone here buy it.....

Correct! it would apparently be shipped back to Coventry or somewhere and then shipped back to Ireland again. Insane!!

I don't like that Global Shipping Scheme.

I have had a few items damaged in transit - no matter how well the seller wraps the item, the global shipping centre re-pack it to reduce weight.  

When I got in touch with the seller and showed the photos, they were quite annoyed as they had packed properly & had to get in touch with the GSS.

Got it sorted, but the seller must of had a hell of a battle with the GSS

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Yes, I have fallen foul of that GSS as a seller. Sold some of my son’s N gauge so he could start buying OO Irish stock. One item went to Australia via GSS. That’s where it broke down. The courier down under left a missed delivery note and the item vanished. Now clearly I had fulfilled my part of the deal -  the item had reached Australia, as the buyer freely admitted. But it was a long drawn out process to clear it up!

Edited by Galteemore

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2019 at 6:14 AM, WRENNEIRE said:

I saw that and honestly it's not even worth posting this. Shame on Andy. Must be hoping to get some estate cash for Christmas 2020 (if he's lucky) 

On 12/3/2019 at 5:13 PM, CFD said:

Its going through the global shipping scheme - so will cross the Irish sea twice before its gets down here should anyone here buy it.....

Correct! it would apparently be shipped back to Coventry or somewhere and then shipped back to Ireland again. Insane!!

11 hours ago, RobertRoche said:

At last! I suspect som many things have hit the wallet between Black Friday and comtainers this went a begging. There are only a few left on the IRM site. Like I said, it will all sell

5 hours ago, DiveController said:

I'm sorry, but shaming the seller isn't fair. We may laugh, baulk or be utterly infuriated by the price but he's entitled to ask that price. If he gets it, then fair play to him; if not, then he'll likely drop the price and try again. 

Have to disagree Pat

We are a close knit community all interested in Irish models and when someone puts up stuff at exorbitant prices I think it is our duty to show

them up, As you know I dabble in buying and selling and I have a list of items as long as my arm that guys are looking for but when I do get them

I certainly don't look for these inflated prices, I recently sold 2 NIR 111's (112 & 113) for €200 a pop which reflected the price I paid to get them

Its supposed to be a hobby.........

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WRENNEIRE said:

Have to disagree Pat

We are a close knit community all interested in Irish models and when someone puts up stuff at exorbitant prices I think it is our duty to show

them up, As you know I dabble in buying and selling and I have a list of items as long as my arm that guys are looking for but when I do get them

I certainly don't look for these inflated prices, I recently sold 2 NIR 111's (112 & 113) for €200 a pop which reflected the price I paid to get them

Its supposed to be a hobby.........

Buyers will ultimately pay what they feel the item is worth, so if they can get them for €200 a pop from you, Chris or others then that's great and they're not going to hand over £1000 to that eBay seller. He'll learn his lesson when he's left with unsold stock.

As I said in my first post, we can laugh or give out yards about silly prices when they're highlighted,  and once they're highlighted anyone here that sees it knows to avoid. It still doesn't mean it's right to berate the seller on a personal level by saying they should feel ashamed.  

Someone gave me an old laptop that turned out to be exactly 'right' for me, so I looked around for another, just in case.

I discovered that there were two general prices for identical machines, about 80% were at the lower price and 20% were about five or six times more.

I wonder if they were targeting the "it must be better"/"you get what you pay for" market?

In the end, it is all a market...

Dunno what the Huff and Puff is over the prices on the baby Gm, Not so long ago people were knocking out Lima 201 and asking 3 times the price of that. If you aint got one then that the price you just may have to pay. 

I got a few to flog off but I'd have to go under an alias to avoid the furrowed brow stares on here! LOL.

G

• Like 1