Bargain Watch

Rate this topic

BosKonay

16 minutes ago, connollystn said:

The Murphy Models 071 & 201 locomotives sell for mad prices but is there really a market big enough for a modern day version with the bells, whistles, et al to be produced? Wonder what people will be paying those models this time next year?

If you go back a year or two, 141's and 181's outstripped 071's for resale value, or at least were on par. The arrival of the 121's and the A's, combined with the likelihood of a new run of 141's / 181's has put paid to the resale prices to some extent.

If IRM or Paddy Murphy were to say that they were working on an 071 / 111 project and hoping to have it on the shelves in two or three years time, I reckon that would eat into the resale value of the 071's to some extent.

Not for all, obviously, but for many people, I believe that it would make a difference.

If not, then maybe next year they'll literally be selling for €750 a pop.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

Possibly Needs to be re named to the Price Moan Thread as there are no bargins really thrown up and I would hazard a guess if there were they wont be here any how..

Kind of the same thing. I paid what I thought was insane money for a 111 last year, and they're now going for one and a half times that.

What's a bargain to one may be a rip-off to another, and what's a price-gouge today may be a bargain tomorrow.

Plus, that Bachmann steam set was savage value.  No way you could say that wasn't a bargain.

On 14/2/2023 at 5:45 PM, connollystn said:

How is that going????

There are a lot less retail options than there were ten or eleven years ago, plus, I'm not so sure that Adverts.ie is an auction site.

I assume that post was to identify this thread as the non-eBay one, in which case, it's going pretty well!

Rails ROG Class 47 20% off using code ROG20, only until Sunday 26th February:

https://railsofsheffield.com/collections/class-47812-rail-operations-group

Valid on all three variants; DC, DCC sound and custom weathered.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GSR 800 said:

(re MM188 for £250) not 750 euro so i guess this is a bargain...

Someone who's really desperate will pay that, however, as I always say - the loco is far better than I could ever make by hand and, rather than wait for Murphy Models to produce the next run of 141/181 locomotives, it's available now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What's with the pricing on the A's at the moment?

I have a few that I bought to re-number but have since decided to sell them and use the money on ICR's instead.

I can sell them for about €275 each, after posting them up to Ireland and paying An Post's crappy fees, and I won't lose anything at all, or €285 each and make a few bob profit, but...

https://touch.adverts.ie/models/irish-railway-models-a-class/29588269

https://touch.adverts.ie/models/irish-railway-models-a-class/29574951

I doubt that they have all been posted down to the Canaries, then posted up to Ireland, with tax paid both ends.

Is that the market value or what?

Screenshot_20230311-172915.png

Screenshot_20230311-172925.png

Screenshot_20230311-173044.png

Screenshot_20230311-173105.png

Screenshot_20230311-173117.png

Decent price for the MK2s since some went for €100-€125 each on Facebook during the week.. Sod’s Law it’s the day I’m out and about they go up(and back down).. Missed out on the MK2s when IRM had the Murphy’s stock too as I didn’t realise they had them! Some day soon hopefully, but if not at least I’ll have MK2s/bs and NIR MK2s by the end of the year

Edited by MOGUL
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

• 3 weeks later...