Bargain Watch

Rate this topic

BosKonay

I hear you George. I don't know if the tooling still exists and is good enough for another run but if not well you can see for yourself what the 121s and A will come in at. Apple to apples the 141s were DCC ready but didn't come with a speaker as sound has become the norm as time has passed. Has to be some amount of inflation in prices as I said. As for exchange rates well let's just hope they were decent at the time of payment for 121s and As.

• Like 1

Is that like or unlike any of the Irish container cranes and from what era? I saw these on sale often but then looked for similarities to something Irish and wasn't sure if they were really similar other than being a crane

55 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

With all this container craving this might suit some folk if you have any spare change behind the couch!!

https://www.modelrailwaysdirect.co.uk/buildings-and-people/bachmann-44-0009-container-terminal-crane/

image.thumb.png.3329adb76232762cd56bc6a371cacecd.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/15/2020 at 8:18 AM, WRENNEIRE said:

Some info for any of our US members
Stocks most of the MM range and should have the 121's when they arrive

San Antonio, Texas

http://models11.com/

I appreciate the thought and as a US resident I'm aware of this retailer. However they are very expensive and all things considered I find Hattons are a better bet even from this distance..

• 2 months later...
On 4/15/2020 at 7:18 AM, WRENNEIRE said:

Some info for any of our US members
Stocks most of the MM range and should have the 121's when they arrive

San Antonio, Texas

http://models11.com/

My 'local' model shop, Dave, only 3 hours drive at 90mph+ on the I-10. It's not a brick and mortar as such ...

On 4/16/2020 at 7:48 PM, Ironroad said:

I appreciate the thought and as a US resident I'm aware of this retailer. However they are very expensive and all things considered I find Hattons are a better bet even from this distance..

Agree. He's the official US MM distributor if I recall. You can generally get what you want from there but at a premium. Cheaper to import even if you have to pay international shipping and customs, unless you can't find it of course

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I keep an eye on most things Irish on eBay and whereas a few models make some serious money it comes down to the actual model and who is bidding on it
The 171 as we know was an exclusive model sold only by Marks Models and therefore some collectors would have missed out on it
If you look at the bidding it topped off at €200 before the last 2 bidders started to bid against one another
In the last few weeks other IE liveried locos made around €170 with a CIE black one making  €185 so dont rush out thinking you are going to make a killing

And remember eBay will charge you 10.7% of the final value so our seller will drop around €40 for the privilege 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, WRENNEIRE said:

I keep an eye on most things Irish on eBay and whereas a few models make some serious money it comes down to the actual model and who is bidding on it
The 171 as we know was an exclusive model sold only by Marks Models and therefore some collectors would have missed out on it
If you look at the bidding it topped off at €200 before the last 2 bidders started to bid against one another
In the last few weeks other IE liveried locos made around €170 with a CIE black one making  €185 so dont rush out thinking you are going to make a killing

And remember eBay will charge you 10.7% of the final value so our seller will drop around €40 for the privilege 

plus paypal will also take their share and ebay also takes a share of the postage cost

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...