Bargain Watch

Rate this topic

BosKonay

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
MM 201 as class leader is always in demand

And thanks to you Dave for supplying me with no 201 for a fair price last year.

Restaurant and Standard coaches are still available although getting hard to get now.

A fair number MM orange roofed mk2 coaches have hit eBay in the last few days, and some black roofed ones. Not my cup of tea as wrong era, but attractive coaches in IR/IE livery with tippex despite the wrong shade of day-glo orange.

• 6 months later...
There's a set of the same coaches in Marks for €109. Who's more deluded the seller or the buyer.

Interestingly the ones on eBay have white/cream coloured roofs, whereas the marks models ones are dark grey roofs??? Same model numbers so did bachmann produce two variants?

€110 for two 42ft flat wagons, won't sag like resin or brass apparently.

Hmmm :) price aside, I've yet to see a brass built one that is not warped or twisted in some way.

Interestingly the ones on eBay have white/cream coloured roofs, whereas the marks models ones are dark grey roofs??? Same model numbers so did bachmann produce two variants?

Hmmm :) price aside, I've yet to see a brass built one that is not warped or twisted in some way.

Where have you seen the brass kit built wagons that they are warped or twisted How many different individuals models have you seen. Do you blame the kits or the builders. Why not offer up a post on how best the modeller or manufacturer might improve the kit. I'm sure they would love to know.

It could be the lighting conditions or else he did unclip the roof and lightened the colour. If he did re paint the roof it really should be mentioned in the description. Saying they are hard to source is a bit cheeky when the are available in Marks for €109.

Rich,

Edited by RedRich