IRM Plough Preordering Now Open!

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

32 minutes ago, RedRich said:

Excellent a fantastic feature. I love the tail lights. How in Gods or anyone's name a person could buy these and not run them boggles the mind and deserves  main headline on six one. They should even have a slot for it on Prime Time. ☺️

Rich,

Someone should ring Joe Duffy, surely..?

On 11/27/2018 at 10:16 PM, popeye said:

They look great but very bright yellow.

Sorry for not responding to this popeye before now. 

Yes, the yellow is the "as built" version in standard Per Way Yellow as it was post mid 80's. (Prior to that, the yellow had a decidedly lemony tone, as had Per Way stock in the UK, so perhaps some crossover there). I've been fooling about with alcohol again, the isopropyl variety, which can be got in chemists, and it seems to do the trick on toning down paint shades as per prototype. It's a first for me, but next week I hope to distress one of the pre-production samples on my desk. I'll report results here, as I know there are a few who'd like to brave it, like yerself. 

Richie.

Edited by Glenderg
  • Like 3
  • Informative 1

So for the weathering folk, I fooled about with a pre production sample, employing several techniques. First off wash the gouache wash of dirt, let it dry, then remove excess. (I've no idea what happened to the plough as I had to disassemble and reassemble this sample, but I have a 3 year old suspect in mind.. Have a feeling it may have been repurposed in a dolls house..) 

I mixed a few weathering powder tones to try and get a colour more akin to the yellow. In future, I'd leave out any intense browns and stick with earthy tones. It's led to a slightly pink hue on the roof, which looks odd. 

I used powders from ak interactive, which are quite instant and aggressive. The next time around, I'll try with the full set I have from Mig Ammo, which are way way more subtle, and have a better colour palette, but sadly none are labelled "Naarth Wall Distressed Yella"! 

The isopropyl alcohol had no effect, though it removed the tampo instantly, which is a pleasant sideways discovery. 

Anyway, I consider it a valid test, but a bit more needs doing to get it bang on. I'll keep yee posted. 

Richie. 

DSC_0373.JPG

DSC_0375.JPG

• Like 13

9 hours ago, WaYSidE said:

I can see where the white feeder wire goes below the baseboard , could you not have the wire below the ballast as well?

DCC dropper wire confetti mania!  Is still have only two wires connected to 300m of track with no problems. This dropper wire every 18” mania seems a little OTT. Buses, etc, these are model railways. I do like the weathering on this 1:1 scale plough, tones the playmobil yellow down nicely as does Richie’s effort. 

2 hours ago, NIRCLASS80 said:

Will IRM be offering the function decoders suitable for these for sale?

We didn't feel there was much value to add in providing decoders, so we recommend the ESU Lokpilot or DCC Concepts Zen, 8 Pin, Direct Plug decoders for installation.

We'll put together an install guide / video once the production stock arrives. 

2 hours ago, BosKonay said:

We didn't feel there was much value to add in providing decoders, so we recommend the ESU Lokpilot or DCC Concepts Zen, 8 Pin, Direct Plug decoders for installation.

We'll put together an install guide / video once the production stock arrives. 

LokPilot Fx function only decoders seem to be available for between €24 and €30 on eBay,  or UK retailers, or from €20-25 from german retail web sites. eg: 

https://kieskemper-shop.de/NEU-eingetroffen-ESU-54620-LokPilot-Fx-V4-0--Funktionsdecoder-MM-DCC-SX--8-pol--Stecker-NEM652/a46549681_u1160_z607896e4-9500-488f-8c5b-d5b6fe51033c/

23 minutes ago, Noel said:

LokPilot Fx function only decoders seem to be available for between €24 and €30 on eBay,  or UK retailers, or from €20-25 from german retail web sites. eg: 

https://kieskemper-shop.de/NEU-eingetroffen-ESU-54620-LokPilot-Fx-V4-0--Funktionsdecoder-MM-DCC-SX--8-pol--Stecker-NEM652/a46549681_u1160_z607896e4-9500-488f-8c5b-d5b6fe51033c/

Marks Models sells the DCC concepts zen. It's a nice decoder. 

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, RedRich said:

Luvvly jubbly as a man who used to work out of a yellow van himself used to say. Make the most of the weekend then Fran. Go out and watch the game tonight.

Rich,

Yes come on Munster Rugby @ 7:35pm :) 

53 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Will be out of customs by Monday and the real fun begins! :) 

Looking forward to weathering my pair in due course (sleeper grime in stock). Kadee's of course too. :) Happy days 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DoctorPan said:

Forgive the silly question but have only glanced at the models and paperwork, what the extra yellow bits for? And where do they go?

Was going to ask myself. I think they're the brake pipes that just push on one side of each van like the hoppers and bubbles have but they come fitted. They are not covered in the paperwork.

1 hour ago, PJR said:

got mine today also, lovely models. How do you fit the decoder, the only screws iIsee are half covered by the plough

Hi everyone,

We will do a detailed post on how to remove the body later today. It’s a bit tight, but you do not remove the screws, that is just for the interior only. We will also show where the yellow pieces fit.

Cheers!

Fran

• Thanks 3
  • Informative 1