IRM Plough Preordering Now Open!

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

8 minutes ago, Railer said:

Hi team, just looking at the new site. It lists the Plough Vans for July delivery now instead of August as first announced. Have these been moved up by any chance? 

Good spot, it's a typo on our part. Still August! 

• Like 2
  • WOW! 1

On 5/18/2018 at 1:23 PM, Warbonnet said:

Just to let you lads know, we're at the 40% presold mark on the ploughs and it's pretty neck and neck in the order books. Looks like they're not going to hang around too long! :) 

Glad to see they're selling well. 

Just a question about ordering; is it possible to pay part with a gift card and the remainder by credit/debit card? I couldn't see the option online last time I was ordering but not sure if this has changed with the site update.

Also just noticed that there seems to be VAT added to the cost of the gift card options online i.e. a €10 card costs €13.50 etc. This may have been fixed since but just incase you hadn't noticed. 

Apologies if this is a little off topic but I want to order a set of the ploughs before they're gone :)

Hi Barl

many thanks for the post!

ill check into the gift card glitch. It should not include VAT!

you can order on the website and choose bank transfer. This then pushes the order to our accounting system which is a lot more flexible than the web front end. 

Once you have the order ID you can send funds by card, PayPal, online banking, gift card or cash by carrier pigeon!

• 3 weeks later...

I am very much looking forward to the plough vans.I remember seeing these vans on a Ballast at Enniscorthy Station,must have been 1978.It had a 001 class at the head of affairs.That time you could walk up to the loading area and watch the ballast wagons been loaded.My late father would normally end up chatting to the driver for ages while I watched the action.

• Like 3

One of the two items shown publicly this evening at the SDMRC was a 3D print of the plough van. We're delighted how this has turned out and tooling continues with production slated for after the Tara. There are a good few detail parts missing, such as brake gubbins, glazing and grills but it does how off the finesse and fine detailing of the model. 

IMG_3111.thumb.JPG.d87159f39bc7b4f380cdbf5d7a79d4f4.JPG

IMG_3114.thumb.JPG.3d7d672884eac651cc89dc38eb94dca7.JPG

IMG_3116.thumb.JPG.1f7a779fad8c52663e6415bb13207e9f.JPG

• Like 4
  • WOW! 5

• 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Pretty sure that's the old GSWR one. A bit of a 'triggers broom' but part of it was about 100 years old? @Glenderg has all the info on this one!  

Looks like a hybrid.  The ex-GSWR wooden upper body has been completely replaced or perhaps modified and skinned.

Yes. There were 2 or 3 into the 1990s. One is at Downpatrick (in a "hybrid" = utterly unauthentic livery!). Body wise it is in more or less original condition. The one shown above is indeed of GSWR parentage, and indeed a "Trigger's Brush"! Wheels, axleguards, buffers and body are of CIE origin, and comparatively modern times at that. The overall chassis and probably the original body framing is original - that's all.

There were several built, I think about 1915.

• Informative 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

To compensate for the disappointing news about the Tara delay due to the super typhoon, here's the first engineering sample of the ploughs from the factory in China. The factory has painted it in NIR blue for some reason! Overall there is a lot to like but some changes required too. These will be conveyed back to China and changed before we received decorated samples. 

Please note that fit and finish isn't up to the usual standards of a fully factory finished model, that finesse comes later!

post-7114-0-74073400-1537462010.thumb.jpg.1c2c556f9e7f5008b8b0c707b1b217ed.jpg

post-7114-0-55278500-1537462032.thumb.jpg.c9be887c50958091e7059bd4d8dbfaaf.jpg

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 8
  • WOW! 3

14 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

To compensate for the disappointing news about the Tara delay due to the super typhoon, here's the first engineering sample of the ploughs from the factory in China. The factory has painted it in NIR blue for some reason! Overall there is a lot to like but some changes required too. These will be conveyed back to China and changed before we received decorated samples. 

Please note that fit and finish isn't up to the usual standards of a fully factory finished model, that finesse comes later!

post-7114-0-74073400-1537462010.thumb.jpg.1c2c556f9e7f5008b8b0c707b1b217ed.jpg

post-7114-0-55278500-1537462032.thumb.jpg.c9be887c50958091e7059bd4d8dbfaaf.jpg

Cheers!

Fran

It's good to see that your trying to get the colours for the Class 80 correct already!😂

Looks great. 

• Funny 3

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_2827.thumb.JPG.8da1fee5410a3217862d80c0ab438fab.JPGIMG_2825.thumb.JPG.ac90cc9f3caef7e929dbb00c9c43514a.JPG
Have you ordered your plough vans yet? We have seen a surge of orders since we unveiled our pre-production sample from our Chinese factory across all three liveries, none of which are the NIR blue above! They sure do look good with ballast wagons though!

We have requested some changes to be made to the tooling to improve finesse but they are still on track to be with us later in 2018. Don't miss out, order yours today: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/ballast-plough

Cheers!

Fran
  • Like 4
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, iarnrod said:

Any more photos of the IRM layout? Looks like a pretty nice bit of modelling.

We will get some more of it and start a wee thread on it in the next few weeks. It will also be attending some future shows all going well!

1 hour ago, jason brady said:

Can't wait to get my hands on a pack of these stunners. And without straying from topic, can I just say the Ballast wagon looks fantastic when weathered. 

All the handiwork of our very own @Glenderg, the weathering really brings them to life! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Railer said:

I know I've asked before and Stephen did say the Ploughs were still on schedule.

Are they still on track (excuse the pun) to land this month? I know you guys are busy shipping the TOPS HOPs and preping for the show next week.

Hi Graham,

We assessed the pre production model and were unhappy with it in several areas so the tooling is being tweaked. Ploughs are now in course for December release. Apologies for the delay, but the sample just isn’t good enough, we want the model to be much better.

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 5

• 4 weeks later...

IMG_2827.thumb.JPG.8da1fee5410a3217862d80c0ab438fab.JPGIMG_2825.thumb.JPG.ac90cc9f3caef7e929dbb00c9c43514a.JPG

Hi everyone,

We have had an update on the plough vans from our factory. We have made a series of changes to the tooling as there was quite a bit we were unhappy with. This process is coming to a close now and we should have a properly decorated sample in the next 10 days or so (not in the garish royal blue above!) If all the changes we requested are complete then we could have them Christmas week! We'll aim for that, but it might land after the festive season and before the new year. We will endeavour to have them with you so you can have some extra crackers this Christmas!

Cheers,

Fran
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative 1