IRM Plough Preordering Now Open!

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone, 

Wee update; China is ploughing (aha!) ahead with production and we hope to have them before Chinese New Year kicks off in a couple of weeks time. So, they could be delivered within the next month, or 3 months time. Fingers crossed it's the former, and we will keep you up to date as per usual.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, josefstadt said:

Any update on the delivery of these?

Funny you should ask Stephen, I do!

We've been working hard on these with the factory to get them over the line, and while they're 95% stunning, there is that last 5% that we just havent been happy with, so we're working with the factory to sort this out. Most of the components are made, so they will go together fairly quickly, but some areas need further tidying up as we were not happy with the 3rd sample we received. The factory assured us that our feedback will be implemented into the finished items, and we should have them in late March after CNY. 

We are really sorry about this delay, but we want them to be as good as possible. Right now, they just arent. But, they're almost there. 

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 3
  • Informative 2

Thanks for the update Fran. This delay and the reason for it can only be seen as a positive in my opinion. As with all releases to date, the detail on each has been outstanding because IRM has accepted nothing less. No doubt these beauties will be well worth the wait. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jason brady said:

Thanks for the update Fran. This delay and the reason for it can only be seen as a positive in my opinion. As with all releases to date, the detail on each has been outstanding because IRM has accepted nothing less. No doubt these beauties will be well worth the wait. 

Thanks Jason, they will be worth the wait, we just like to take time and care and get them right! 

Don't just have Paddy's day to look forward to then in March Fran. Thanks for keeping us informed and up to date. It really is refreshing to see such trust between customer and manufacturer and vice versa. I've given up trying to work out how they can be improved from what we've seen already as I keep getting it wrong.

Rich,

• 1 month later...

Er - the yellow one - I get my coat !!! 

The non broken wheel logo  I think is longest served but the yellow very faded and work stained not the lovely pristine  offerings - I guess the weathering gurus will be hot on the case. 

Really looking forward to the arrival of my pair.

Thanks gents!

Robert    

All PW stuff was normal wagon grey until the very early 1970s, when by degrees it became normal wagon brown!

Yellow started appearing, first of all on track machines in the 1970s, but moving on to “proper” railway vehicles like ballast wagons, weedspray vehicles, and plough vans during the 1980s / early 90s.

The two converted “tin van” TPOs, one of which has recently gone to Downpatrick, were actually painted in something like carriage orange/tan, all over, but faded to look more yellowy.

Edited by jhb171achill

1 hour ago, richrua said:

Which of these liveries would have had the longest time span would you say ? 

As far as I know a couple of the ploughs carrying the IR logo could still be seen well into the IE era. So your looking at late 80's until maybe 2005/06. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

We're delighted to announce that the ploughs are finally finished! They will leave China in about a weeks time and we should have them ahead of the Bangor show, all going well.

We will keep you up to speed with further developments!

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 5
  • Informative 2

A word of advice for Noel. Maybe now would be a good time to hang up that piece of ladies clothing you're prone to wearing. I know you say they never will, but just incase these little yellow beauties do manage to blow your skirt up, not having it on at the time will save us the trauma of seeing what's underneath. 

Edited by jason brady
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, jason brady said:

A word of advice for Noel. Maybe now would be a good time to hang up that piece of ladies clothing you're prone to wearing. I know you say they never will, but just incase these little yellow beauties do manage to blow your skirt up, not having it on at the time will save us the trauma of seeing what's underneath. 

I ordered a pair of CIE ploughs last year. Looking forward to them. I Don’t expect my salopets to be blown anywhere, but do anticipate these wagons will be top drawer.  Being yellow PW stock I don’t anticipate running them so it may be the display case for the foreseeable future. Weathering May help. But really looking forward to them. The detail on the CAD was mouth watering. No comment re Marilyn Monroe’s skirt analogy. But a kilt underneath would be a sensible precaution.

Edited by Noel
  • Like 2
  • Funny 1

59 minutes ago, NIRCLASS80 said:

Great to see IRM stuff again, I was starting to think Accurascale had taken over!😂  When is the 2019 IRM releases going to be announced?

We will have some news at Bangor all going well, but since we have Liners, Ferts, Guinness Flats, Spoils, Weedspray, plough vans, the last of the Taras and the A's to come in the next year we dont want to overload you too much!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 3/27/2019 at 4:04 PM, Noel said:

I ordered a pair of CIE ploughs last year. Looking forward to them. I Don’t expect my salopets to be blown anywhere, but do anticipate these wagons will be top drawer.  Being yellow PW stock I don’t anticipate running them so it may be the display case for the foreseeable future. Weathering May help. But really looking forward to them. The detail on the CAD was mouth watering. No comment re Marilyn Monroe’s skirt analogy. But a kilt underneath would be a sensible precaution.

That reply has me even more confused than I was previously. I'll say no more. 

Anyway back on topic, really looking forward to the arrival of these beauties and finally getting to hook them up to my ballast wagons. To have a completed ballast train of such high quality running on our layouts is a dream come true for alot of us on here. It's just getting better and better. 

• Like 1