IRM Plough Preordering Now Open!

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

56 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

Here is our quickfire guide on how to chip a plough van and where those detail parts go.

https://irishrailwaymodels.com/blogs/announcements/how-to-fit-a-dcc-chip-to-your-plough-van

Cheers!

Fran

Thanks Fran. Very impressed, possibly the best yet. Its almost a shame the roof is not clear so you can see all the inside details. Another stunning model, and I am saying that because it is genuinely, not because I'm some sort of IRM fan boy sycophant. Like the way the tail lights and internal light work out of the box on DCC without the need for any decoders. Fran, Patrick, Richie, Stephen, take a bow (alphabetic order to avoid office slagging). :) 

Holy Moly for detail. Here's a future pub quiz question, will the rail gaps in the actual plough suit 21mm gauge track (ie for the 4-10 people who have any 21mm track)?

IMG_0467.thumb.jpg.eaaac5b52b69571a463e4a3db06bcd56.jpg

Yummie. Simply Exquisite.

IMG_0470.thumb.jpg.61cd4bb7b39545fd4ebc1498c239168b.jpg

Love the working red tail lamps. and the warm tone of the internal light.

IMG_0472.thumb.jpg.65c299e3324249f852f4a9ae68b8989e.jpg

The hidden detail inside is impressive.

IMG_0474.thumb.jpg.87ffde4b53be0630834caa92a23255f1.jpg

These are very special wagons. Hats off to team IRM/AS. bow.gif

PS: You were spotted today very near Carrickmines :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Noel said:

Holy Moly for detail. Here's a future pub quiz question, will the rail gaps in the actual plough suit 21mm gauge track (ie for the 4-10 people who have any 21mm track)?

IMG_0467.thumb.jpg.eaaac5b52b69571a463e4a3db06bcd56.jpg

The plough being modeled very closely to prototype, surely the question should be whether 16mm track would foul the inside of the plough particularly on unconventionally tight non-prototypical curves?😏

• Like 1

Guys, I'm assuming you have spares for the Ploughs.

Just 2 really small things but they do make a difference, 2 of the van I got have their radio antennas snapped off and they were not inside the packaging.

They are amazingly detailed models, spent almost an hour last night just looking at all the individual detail across the 3 sets, you spot something on one then go back to the other to compare. They really are a labour of love.

Got home yesterday and the postie who is a neighbour had asked another neighbour to take them until I got home.

The models are amazing in all departments and give the ballast wagons an extra bit of class.

I think we will have to catergorise the flats separately from what has gone before as it is bloody hard to define which or what is the best of the first four releases.

Rich,

• Like 2

Just fitted the brake pipe to one of the wagons as a dry run before I permanently attach it and removed the steps before fitting the pipe, re attached the steps and everything fitted nice and snug. I will permanently fix it when I get a set of decorders. The steps for removing the body that the lads posted worked flawlessly 

Rich,

1 hour ago, NIRCLASS80 said:

Two rather boring videos of body removal if you have 7 minutes of your life to waste!!  The second I done in about 4 minutes.

That's brilliant @NIRCLASS80 Really useful. It was tense viewing near the end of part 2. There should nearly be a sticky thread on here showing how to open various pieces of rolling stock like your video or photos for say Hornby Mk3 coaches, MM mk2 coaches, MM Cravens, IRM Cement Bubbles, MM 141 & 071 loco bodies, Bachmann BCK and BSKs, etc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Noel said:

That's brilliant @NIRCLASS80 Really useful. It was tense viewing near the end of part 2. There should nearly be a sticky thread on here showing how to open various pieces of rolling stock like your video or photos for say Hornby Mk3 coaches, MM mk2 coaches, MM Cravens, IRM Cement Bubbles, MM 141 & 071 loco bodies, Bachmann BCK and BSKs, etc

Noel I have got to say that I thought it was heading for disaster a few times, but the second did seem to part easier.  It was also like a little glue had strayed on the first.  But happy days they look fab.  Now to get the Kadees fitted.

9 minutes ago, NIRCLASS80 said:

Noel I have got to say that I thought it was heading for disaster a few times, but the second did seem to part easier.  It was also like a little glue had strayed on the first.  But happy days they look fab.  Now to get the Kadees fitted.

Yes I could hear your breathing on the video clip when your concentration peaked at the tense bits. You are much more subtle and refined dismantling the wagon than I, brute force extravaganza - in jest! (I did NOT separate the chassis as depicted). This could seriously harm LPPs, your wagons and your health.

IMG_0480.thumb.jpg.ab74017ecfb7ef238f84c75fd4b1f2b6.jpg

IMG_0479.thumb.jpg.8897d7dfff8a340a1dbab5c048d124f8.jpg

• WOW! 1
  • Funny 1

Well, my pair of IR ploughs arrived at a secret address in daylight hours during the week, and will be transported to their home under cover of darkness very shortly! Not much that I can add that has not been said already about the quality but they are simply superb! I have never seen a RTR wagon with such wealth of detail, irrespective of whatever angle you view them at! I saw my first weathered set at Bangor yesterday, courtesy of Graham from Mark's Models! 2019 is going to be an exceptional year for those of us into the Irish scene, with the arrival of the 121's from Murphy Models, the A classes, container traffic, etc, etc. I have now started saving to have full medical check-ups on a more frequent basis!! I want to be around to enjoy all this exciting rolling stock! Well done to Fran, Stephen, Patrick and Richie for giving us all a reason to live much longer! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

A little late to the party on this one gents. But after a week away in the sun with Her Indoors, i finally got to open up that little box that was waiting for me when I got home. And I have to say I was blown away when I opened it.The detail on these babies is just phenomenal, and in my opinion the bar has been raised yet again.

Along with all the obvious structures needed, it takes balls to go out and do something like this, especially when you take into consideration how small a market it is to operate in. Again, thank you IRM for making this possible. Respect. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

630723045_ploughscabinet.jpg.a171941e4de46e5fd3b25a2ae4ab2872.jpg

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to say that well over half our plough production run has sold already. Thank you to everyone who has backed the project with orders so far! Remember, we will have more ballast wagons coming out in the near future, so make sure you don't miss out on these. The CIE ones have been very popular in particular since they arrived in stock.

Order yours today! https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/ballast-plough

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...