New Announcement - Give Your Depot a Lift With CIE Forklifts

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

We're upping our accessory game here at IRM, with the latest bit of added detail for your layouts in the form of a 1:76/OO scale twin pack of fork lift trucks, complete with CIE branding!

Perfect for your goods yard, station, motive power depot, unloading point, bus garage and more, this twin pack features slight detail differences to give added variety to your layout.

Image_from_iOS_-_2022-06-02T102121.359_6

Image_from_iOS_-_2022-06-02T102112.386_6

Priced at €12.95 for the twin pack, they will arrive in stock in mid June.

Twin pack of CIE Forklifts. 

- Set of two 1:76/4mm/OO fork lift trucks in orange livery with CIE roundels
- Posable forks for authentic depot, freight yard and station scenes
- Open cab and cabbed for variety
- Injection moulded plastic construction
- Perfect to add realism to your freight yard, goods depot, station or depot scenes

Pre-order yours by clicking here! 

View the full article

• Like 17
  • WOW! 2

Great idea, nice models to add to any yard/depot scene. Tara Junction may end up buying your entire stock. :) :) 

A tad early for my era of loose coupled 2 axle non-container stock (ie pre-1974 when pallets become more widespread with the CIE wagon modernisation program). Clips of these lifts in action in vid below.

• Like 3

ordering some of these today, had been searching for somthing suitable for ages.

30 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

From my own observations at the time, I think that things like this started appearing about 1973/4.

how long was the cie roundel retained and when was it replaced by IR and points?

56 minutes ago, Sean said:

ordering some of these today, had been searching for somthing suitable for ages.

how long was the cie roundel retained and when was it replaced by IR and points?

You’d have seen it about for some years afterwards, though none of those type of wagons lasted until IE days. The “Set of points” logo only appeared in 1987. The old CIE roundel would have been on some locomotives, though, well into the 1990s.

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, spudfan said:

Reversing "beeps" ? The Mrs won't know whats going on in the attic.

I know someone whose wife has never seen his attic layout, and it's been going for over twenty years now.

She's seen photos and videos, but that's it.

I've told her he got those off the internet and he really has a distillery up there.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

Right I have been on to the insurance company to see where I stand with one of these. The usual..

"Where will it be kept overnight?"

"Do you require open driven? i.e. anyone between the ages of 25 and 70 years of age if they hold an appropriate licence.

I put the wife down as there are two of them.

So a heads up, check with your insurance company if you are thinking of splashing out.

Also there will be the annual CPC thing to keep up your entitlement to drive one of these....

Hi everyone,

Half of the run is gone already. Thank you to everyone who has ordered so far!

Grab yours here: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/exclusive-irm-buses/products/cie-forklifts

Some pallet loads to go with them: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/loads/products/fertiliser-pallet-loads-6-pallets-of-fertiliser-bags

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dempsey said:

What about 20ft CIE containers? 

2 hours ago, BosKonay said:

We did make 20’ CIE containers. 

What about MORE 20ft CIE containers?

I sadly only have a few a few

10 footers would be savage also.

Edited by Sean
  • Funny 1