New Enterprise Livery

Rate this topic

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the dark stripe will be along the full body side??

Don't think so. It's cab 1 they left it off and that's always the leading cab. The other end is always coupled to the stock so the strip will flow of it. Looks similar to 8208's livery it got back in 2006. The locos are getting new systems and equipment in this Enterprise refurb program. I don't know if it's just for the Enterprise 201s or will all active 201s get these systems too.

Edited by Railer

The company are cutting costs by making liveries more simple, the 29000's being the first, they are also using paint which makes it easier to remove graffiti from them. The plus side of that means it's easier to model/convert existing models!!! I'd say wait til the finished product before making judgment :tumbsup:

I suppose this means we can expect another batch of 201's from MM...... :)

I hope not! When I suggested that a re-run of some more popular sold out items might be feasible, I received some replies suggesting the tooling etc for small runs like MM does would not be up to it. Seems like the tooling for the 201s seems to be up to the task again… and again… and maybe yet again? :confused:

I tend to agree. Personally speaking I'd love to see new runs of 001(A) class and perhaps 121, or even reruns of 141/181. It looks like 121 is on the MM radar rather than 001 which is a pity as I think 001s would sell in far greater numbers. 001's should cost a little less to produce due to simpler body form (e.g: one piece body moulding and lack of walkway hand rails which must add to the labour cost significantly). I suspect some may limit their spend on 121s to a pair for running nose to nose, or one with a SF push/pull mk3 set, whereas others might collect fleets of the nostalgic 001s which most of us over 45 will have travelled behind on Irish rails. I am astounded by how many modellers seem to have 141/181 and 071s in double digit numbers. It must be an age thing due to nostalgia having travelled on trains pulled by them. :) I sound like a broken record and I'm only back in the hobby 12 weeks! I'd buy about four 001s but only two 121s.

I tend to agree. Personally speaking I'd love to see new runs of 001(A) class and perhaps 121, or even reruns of 141/181. It looks like 121 is on the MM radar rather than 001 which is a pity as I think 001s would sell in far greater numbers. 001's should cost a little less to produce due to simpler body form (e.g: one piece body moulding and lack of walkway hand rails which must add to the labour cost significantly). I suspect some may limit their spend on 121s to a pair for running nose to nose, or one with a SF push/pull mk3 set, whereas others might collect fleets of the nostalgic 001s which most of us over 45 will have travelled behind on Irish rails. I am astounded by how many modellers seem to have 141/181 and 071s in double digit numbers. It must be an age thing due to nostalgia having travelled on trains pulled by them. :) I sound like a broken record and I'm only back in the hobby 12 weeks! I'd buy about four 001s but only two 121s.

Don't forget the 121 & 141 combo, which I reckon looks as good as two 121s. They also carried all the liveries the 141/181 did, plus the grey & yellow livery they were delivered in

Don't forget the 121 & 141 combo, which I reckon looks as good as two 121s. They also carried all the liveries the 141/181 did, plus the grey & yellow livery they were delivered in

OK, I had never seen that. In ze old days, I had often travelled to Galway on board trains hauled by a single 121. I presume they were turned in those days for the return leg or there might have been some sort of driving coach at the other end. I can't remember.

• 2 weeks later...

First off, thanks for the share of the photo!

This is not finished as has been previously stated. There should be some coloured swirls on the side. However, the mock-up photo I saw was at Engineer's Ireland in September on a presentation by Mal McGreevy so it's not up on the internet yet. It now has numbers (8209 at long last) and has been moving around Inchicore. Wednesday it was at the Heuston end of the main running shed and on Thursday / today it's been at the Cork end. This is probably the penultimate new livery for the Enterprise 201's - unless the planned electrification of the Belfast line by 2040 doesn't go ahead. (BTW the preference is for loco+coaches for Enterprise work in the future)

Just as an aside 22036/37/38 will cover the De Dietrich off for refurbishment. They'll be on for a maximum of 4 weeks at a time (interval between B exams at Laois Traincare Depot). However 22038 was seen at Heuston last night so it might be rotated through on a weekly basis

Regards,

Kieran

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Three liveries in twenty years for the Enterprise, all as drab and dull as ditchwater. At least this one has a BIT of colour in it - there's a pic somewhere of a finished loco with a swirl of red on its side. Takes a bit of getting used to but isn't too bad.

Oh for orange and black!

I always thought the Enterprise should have had a bright livery something like red and cream, orange, maybe like the original 450 class livery or the short-lived NIR "suburban" livery of the eighties....

Three liveries in twenty years for the Enterprise, all as drab and dull as ditchwater. At least this one has a BIT of colour in it - there's a pic somewhere of a finished loco with a swirl of red on its side. Takes a bit of getting used to but isn't too bad.

Oh for orange and black!

I always thought the Enterprise should have had a bright livery something like red and cream, orange, maybe like the original 450 class livery or the short-lived NIR "suburban" livery of the eighties....

GNRI railcar livery would be nice! :)