Murphy Models 071 - New, detailed pre-production photos added!

Rate this topic

Admin

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paddy Murphy would not send seven new loco's into the shop's,the shop's would not take them with two already in stock,maybe one new one next month and the same after.

M.

When I spoke to Paddy at the October Show he told me he was fed up with people asking him to release this livery and that livery. He said that all 7 would be released at the same time so people could just have what ever they wanted. I think 7 over a period of 6 months would be better but its PM's baby

• 2 weeks later...

5 Cl.071s are due to land in early March, viz. MM0073 IR weathered,

MM0078 IE small logo, MM0080 IR, MM0086 CIE supertrain & MM0088 CIE original livery,

and the last 2, MM0077 IE & MM0085 IE weathered, a few weeks later.

Also expected in March are Mk11 coaches. 3*IE standard class and EGV & Restaurant in 'Galway' livery. More details to follow.

And, finally, the REALLY GOOD NEWS. Murphy Models will be represented at the Nuernberg Toy Fair, 30th.Jan-4th.Feb. Location is Hall 4A, Stand A-218. This is a first for Irish Rail Prototypes so make sure to call and say 'hello'.

All currently available models will be on display including the 10 Cl.071s and 5 Mkii coaches.

Great to hear they will be on their way.

Any guide if this batch will hold to their originally listed RRP of €175?

I'd imagine the €159.99 that 071, 082 and 112 were set at was just the introductory offer, but you never know!

It would be brilliant if it was same.

Edited by Blu Bianco

By far the best model out there right now, thats excellent news!

By the way, I was wondering is there a difference between the 086sa and the 088 model? I originally heard they were both to be in Supertrain, however based on this quote:

5 Cl.071s are due to land in early March, viz.........MM0086 CIE supertrain & MM0088 CIE original livery........

and the below images, and also some classifications in online shops, does this mean there will be a slight difference? (I'm no expert in the Supertrain era thats why I'm throwing this open to the floor!)

MM086(1).jpg

This is 086 in the front with the circle of the CIE logo in an orange colour. The locomotive (directly) behind it is the 088 (back then classified as 071 before the number switch) and as you can see from this and the picture below, the circle is a different colour here.

MM086(2).jpg

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks.

The difference between the two is that one, No.088 I assume, will be modeled in the as delivered Supertrain livery of 1976, with the cream coloured broken wheel logo and tablet snatchers.

Where as No.086 represents Supertrain era of the 1980s, with the orange broken wheel logo and SA letting, applied when the air braked Mk3 stock appeared in 1986. Presumably the final version won't have snatchers as shown at the model fairs, as these would have been mostly removed by 1980s.

• 3 weeks later...
5 Cl.071s are due to land in early March, viz. MM0073 IR weathered,

MM0078 IE small logo, MM0080 IR, MM0086 CIE supertrain & MM0088 CIE original livery,

and the last 2, MM0077 IE & MM0085 IE weathered, a few weeks later.

Also expected in March are Mk11 coaches. 3*IE standard class and EGV & Restaurant in 'Galway' livery. More details to follow.

And, finally, the REALLY GOOD NEWS. Murphy Models will be represented at the Nuernberg Toy Fair, 30th.Jan-4th.Feb. Location is Hall 4A, Stand A-218. This is a first for Irish Rail Prototypes so make sure to call and say 'hello'.

All currently available models will be on display including the 10 Cl.071s and 5 Mkii coaches.

How did things go in Nuremberg?

The difference between the two is that one, No.088 I assume, will be modeled in the as delivered Supertrain livery of 1976, with the cream coloured broken wheel logo and tablet snatchers.

Where as No.086 represents Supertrain era of the 1980s, with the orange broken wheel logo and SA letting, applied when the air braked Mk3 stock appeared in 1986. Presumably the final version won't have snatchers as shown at the model fairs, as these would have been mostly removed by 1980s.

As delivered, as Eiretrains points out, the CIE logo on the ends was not as normal (i.e. white lettering, orange surround). It was white, though, rather than cream but discoloured like anything white, I suppose. But - in that "as delivered" form, they were not the normal orange. They were a distinctly browner shade, nit the same as anything else on the railway. Thus, in order to be accurate an orange loco would have to have the normal orange surrounded logo, not an all white one.