Ballykay

Rate this topic

Slight overkill on the amount of lacquer on 230, but gets credibility otherwise

There isn't any lacquer on that Ed. It's the same 2 pack paint that the real ones are painted in, which is a gloss finish. the colour looks the same when scaled down but the trade off is you get a higher gloss finish. With the 071's I would have toned that down but I wanted the 201 to have that just out of the paint shop look so I didn't tone her down and just weathered the exhaust. Glad you like her:)

Now that we are on our Easter break a bit of down time to do a little work for myself and take a few days of from Weathering Gurus. First up is a Hornby steam crane repainted and weathered to look like one of the CIE cranes. Sorry I can't post up the photos of the real thing that I worked from as the photos ain't mine to share. Enjoy

photo 1 (2).jpg

photo 1 (2).jpg

photo 1 (2).jpg

photo 2 (2).jpg

photo 2 (2).jpg

photo 2 (2).jpg

photo 3 (2).jpg

photo 3 (2).jpg

photo 4 (2).jpg

photo 5 (2).jpg

photo 5 (2).jpg

photo 4 (2).jpg

Saturday morning at 10am I started out with just bare boards. The track had been layed a few months ago so it was time to get some scenery done. Some nice green fields a bridge, hedges etc etc. Here are a few photos of what I've done today. A few more hedges and tarmac have yet to be added so I will post up some more pics when I get that finished. For any of you guys who have been to see my layout this section I am working on is the upper deck against the back wall.

0000000000.jpg

000000000.jpg

0000000.jpg

00000.jpg

000000.jpg

00000000.jpg

I picked these two up in Warley so Ballykay had to get its own lovers lane. Who said Volvo drivers are boring =))

00.jpg

000.jpg

0000.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Some photos of NIR 111 class (111, 112, 113) knocking around Ballykay this weekend. All 3 locos are in various states of weathering, with 113 being the youngest of the class both north and south of the border she is slightly cleaner that the others. Red warning panels were repainted day glo orange and faded on 111/112. Enjoy :o

DSCF0550.jpg

DSCF0551.jpg

DSCF0552.jpg

DSCF0553.jpg

DSCF0556.jpg

DSCF0558.jpg

Edited by Flying Scotsman 4472