Ballykay

Rate this topic

Steady on, there.

Going into Easons and asking for a 'top shelf model magazine' might get you more than you bargained for...

Ah but top shelf spirits and you will never be disappointed. I hadn't even considered the notion that this wasn't a kit or resprayed commercial model. Amazingly good mate.

• 2 weeks later...
I know fictitious liveries are highly frowned upon in model form, but I just love that. By golly she's clean and shiny man.....

Took a long time just to get the look I wanted. (fresh out of the paint shop look) I made the exhaust rusty to make the model look like she had been overhauled.

As for fictitious liveries I agree with you but I have been itching to do this to a 201 for a while just to have something different on the layout. Maybe IE might paint one for real someday.

Seriously thinking of doing a 111 in original Hunslet maroon with yellow striping. What do you think.:confused:

Seriously thinking of doing a 111 in original Hunslet maroon with yellow striping. What do you think.:confused:

Oooh. You could cause a rip in the space time continuim doing that one! The length of the 111/071 livery against the stumpy hunslet might look odd, but hey, i've no doubt some suited consultant suggested it once at a meeting and presented a watercoloured sketch to match. Go for it!

Took a long time just to get the look I wanted. (fresh out of the paint shop look) I made the exhaust rusty to make the model look like she had been overhauled.

As for fictitious liveries I agree with you but I have been itching to do this to a 201 for a while just to have something different on the layout. Maybe IE might paint one for real someday.

You know it makes sense Northern Ireland Railways: 111 Class Locomotive 'Northern Counties' (fiction)

Nothing wrong with some fictitious liveries, the 201 really does look well in the grey. Great job! Let's hope we see a couple of the real ones out and about in the grey.

Excellent repaint as usual Anthony.....I think you should let irish rail see those photos as with the forthcoming increase in freight traffic a few grey 201s would certainly add variety to the current scene.

And as IE have a few spare intercity 201s around now-it would be an ideal opertunity to repaint five or six to promote the booming freight business.

I might even get you to repaint one for me in the near future....well done.

Non authentic or not' date=' it looks amazing! I think the grey suits this class.... Didn't someone paint a model 141 in black & silver? I thought that looked well too....[/quote']

Yes, the person who has fingal harbour layout had a repainted 141, and it looks very nice!

It looks brilliant! :tumbsup: That colour would suit the 201's in real life, I think.

I wonder if the 201's will lose the grab rails from the front of the cab, like the 071's did, when they get their next overhaul..... :confused:

What was the point in taking the grab rails off? What if you needed to climb up there for instance, to get crap off the windows assuming the wipers weren't doing their job?

What was the point in taking the grab rails off? What if you needed to climb up there for instance, to get crap off the windows assuming the wipers weren't doing their job?

Health and Safety brigade don't want you climbing up there anymore. If the wipers fail then the engine would be declared 'failed' I'd imagine. Gone are the days of get on with it and mend it sadly. That and they're probably a spot for corrosion where they join the body.

Jezz guys I didn't think the grey 201 would get such a big responce from you guys:tumbsup:. I've been flat out this past month at Weathering Gurus getting orders ready for Bangor last week and the 201 was done on a bit of down time for myself over the weekend and with easter this weekend the plan is to get a few days working on Ballykay so all been well should have some more up dates in the next few days with a new helix etc etc. Once again thanks for all the comments.

[video=youtube;8Pzma-AJE-k]