Bog Road Level Crossing

Rate this topic

Love the black and white pictures too. Have often pondered the idea of doing a layout this way - for one thing the name would easy, it would have to be Monachrome. Even sounds Irish.

On one level, it is merely a different case of 50 shades of grey (!); however, the biggest problem is foliage, as I've yet to find any source of static grass fibres or scenic foam. One day maybe and until then maybe we should follow Eamonn's lead and try photographing our own layouts in black and white?

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
4 hours ago, Sean said:

Hi there lovely layout.

just wondering what radius of curve you are using on this layout as I am also trying to build into very limited space and this isnt a million miles away from the space ive got available.

Thanks Sean,from memory I used a mixture of 3rd radius set track and Peco flex track.It was a problem as I have two bridges on either  side of layout and it took some trial and error as eventuality I got a mk3 coach to fit with little to spare.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, enniscorthyman said:

Thanks Sean,from memory I used a mixture of 3rd radius set track and Peco flex track.It was a problem as I have two bridges on either  side of layout and it took some trial and error as eventuality I got a mk3 coach to fit with little to spare.

cheers, i dont suppose you chanced first radius at all? I wouldnt mind if it looked crap going around it as the curve would be mostly hidden as long as it did actually safely go around.