Stock take Find! Taras and Bubbles Back in Stock!

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Hi everyone,

We have done a bit of a stock clear up and managed to find some packs A-D Taras in very limited quantities. These are now on the website and available to buy, so if you missed out on Taras, here is your chance! https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/tara-mines

IMG_3057.thumb.JPG.ece69d216a1142c390b7ca085888ce14.JPG

All the bubbles are now back in stock too, the greys are beginning to run low, so if you fancy them, it's worth grabbing them soon!

https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/cement-bubbles

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2

When the orange bubbles came out I purchased the 2 sets E & F as a measure of support as I thought they might not sell as well as the Ivorys . Proved wrong as usual! I don't need them so if anyone wishes to re-patriate them please PM me Price £125  (sterling|) per  set this should cover Paypal fees and postage. They havn't been out of the boxes.

Ernie 

NOW DEFINITELY SOLD AND PAID FOR

DSC04363.JPG

Edited by Irishswissernie
SOLD
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Georgeconna said:

Edit : My own Stock Find - Packs of orange bubbles in store so I did order the beggers!! Well pleased!!

Happy days, glad you discovered you have some.  I still have four of your former MIR ones beautifully painted and weathered by you. Got them from Wrenneire some years ago.

DSC_8811.jpg

I tried to emulate your weathering on my own IRM Orange bubbles, and thanks for your tip BTW on the use plastic paste on the tops to simulate caked layers 

IMG_4376.jpg

Before pristine untouched as delivered by IRM and afterwards

IMG_4133.jpg

Edited by Noel
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

5.thumb.jpg.111914587c2776994eb6bf3d566faedf.jpg

WARNING! We are down to low stock levels for our gorgeous slate grey cement bubble wagons! Probably the most attractive livery the iconic bubbles ever carried, these are perfect rolling stock for early liveried 141s, 121s and our forthcoming A Classes in Crossley condition, in both block trains and mixed goods. Don't miss out on them, two different packs available!

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/11/2020 at 5:31 PM, Warbonnet said:

5.thumb.jpg.111914587c2776994eb6bf3d566faedf.jpg

WARNING! We are down to low stock levels for our gorgeous slate grey cement bubble wagons! Probably the most attractive livery the iconic bubbles ever carried, these are perfect rolling stock for early liveried 141s, 121s and our forthcoming A Classes in Crossley condition, in both block trains and mixed goods. Don't miss out on them, two different packs available!

Those grey Bubbles do look fabulous. But when is enough bubbles enough? Had I known about them before this lot were procured by the KRPA I'd have bought less and more of the greys. :)   

IMG_4124l.thumb.jpg.51a2bc7279f2e17789071d9c7f0c04bd.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone,

There might be another bubble run in 2023! Let us know what liveries you would like to see!

• Ivory with CIE roundel (new numbers)
  • Ivory with Irish Cement branding (would be same numbers again as we can only find evidence of 6!)
  • Orange
  • Grey

Happy to listen and take on feedback.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

There might be another bubble run in 2023! Let us know what liveries you would like to see!

• Ivory with CIE roundel (new numbers)
  • Ivory with Irish Cement branding (would be same numbers again as we can only find evidence of 6!)
  • Orange
  • Grey

Happy to listen and take on feedback.

Cheers!

Fran 

I'd be happy with any of the above, except orange.

Quick question about the original run....I am doing some "stocktaking" now that a re-run may be on the horizon. I bought a bunch of duplicate pack G's to renumber but will probably just sell those on now, just keeping one pack and buying new numbers instead. Maybe I missed it as I returned to the hobby after these had been released but my pack G's don't contain exactly what's printed on the box. All 5 packs that I have contain the following wagons:

According to the packaging and the website they should contain:

It looks like in my packs the 25178's are always missing, replaced with a 25127. 4 of the 5 packs I have only just opened now to check. Was this the case for every pack G made or just some? I don't really care what running numbers are in the box but if I am selling them I would like to know if they were all like that, so I can mention it in the ad. I will obviously list the actual running numbers and mention the fact these deviate from the packaging but if they are all like that it's less of an issue when selling. 

5 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Quick question about the original run....I am doing some "stocktaking" now that a re-run may be on the horizon. I bought a bunch of duplicate pack G's to renumber but will probably just sell those on now, just keeping one pack and buying new numbers instead. Maybe I missed it as I returned to the hobby after these had been released but my pack G's don't contain exactly what's printed on the box. All 5 packs that I have contain the following wagons:

According to the packaging and the website they should contain:

It looks like in my packs the 25178's are always missing, replaced with a 25127. 4 of the 5 packs I have only just opened now to check. Was this the case for every pack G made or just some? I don't really care what running numbers are in the box but if I am selling them I would like to know if they were all like that, so I can mention it in the ad. I will obviously list the actual running numbers and mention the fact these deviate from the packaging but if they are all like that it's less of an issue when selling. 

You'll get the most interest from @WRENNEIRE, if you're selling these oddities

Edited by DiveController
Forgot about Pack H

I think they are probably all like this Kevin. I just never noticed as it was immaterial up to now. Upon closer inspection the image on the website shows what's actually in the box. The listing on the website differs by one wagon and this listing matches the print on the packaging. 

https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/cement-bubbles/products/irish-cement-wagon-multi-pack-g

2 minutes ago, DiveController said:

So the printing is incorrect, not the wagons. I'm in the same boat with some duplicates as yet unnumbered. Unfortunately I think I only have the one Pack A @murphaph

No worries Kevin. It looks like we may get another bite at the Irish Cement cherry. I suspect those are likely to be very popular among newcomers to the hobby who missed out first time. They were the ones I wanted the most anyway and I was delighted to get pack H when I did.

Yeah the wagons are fine and they match the picture on the website. It's the description on the website that has a discrepancy and this discrepancy is also to be found on the packaging but I strongly suspect that they were all like that and it's of no importance. I was going nuts here though because I took out one pack G to display in my display case but I could not figure out why this one wagon was there or where it was coming from as it's not listed as one of the wagons in any of the packs I do own (C,D,G,H) lol.

• Like 1

I would love the grey, they were lovely. I would add to the orange and the Ivory and CIE models that I have. I try and stay away from running the same numbers. So if you were to release all 4 variants, as I try to collect them all. @Warbonnet how many of each if you are doing a run would you be looking at? Also would it be a Q2 or Q3 release?

Edited by mmie353