Weedsprayer Pack Now In Stock!

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

9 minutes ago, Ironroad said:

Good analogy with the football club but sometimes it does happen and I have a lot of sympathy with Wexford70.  Perhaps if the dream of a regular GSV came to be  (I'd commit to 2 or 3) it might not be too far a step to getting a weedspray van from there. I'll keep the faith but fear I may be pushing up daisies before it is justified.

We'd love to have them for ourselves as much as anybody else, but if we let our hearts rule our heads then we wouldn't last very long... :( 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Garfield said:

We'd love to have them for ourselves as much as anybody else, but if we let our hearts rule our heads then we wouldn't last very long... :( 

Are you talking about regular mkl GSVs or specifically the weed spray variant here?

For the weed spray variant I think it may never be viable as RTR unfortunately. Nobody (or at least very few people) needs more than one of them.

I would have thought though that there were rakes of MM Cravens out there waiting for their mkI GSVs. I know I need around half a dozen as the Cravens ran in such short branch formations in my planned era so even one passenger coach in the train required a GSV. It's not like the mkIId and mkIII stock where you can say a rake of 8 coaches to one EGV or whatever.

I know other people also hoping for a quality RTR GSV for the MM Cravens stock.

I understand that the market right now may well be too small to make financial sense (and I would hope nobody here would advocate risking the entire venture for a single model) but hope that in time as the market grows, that a regular mkI GSV would become viable.

Please don't see this as me telling you lads how to run your business. You're doing a fine job as it is. I just wanted to give my perspective as a "recently returned to the hobby" type customer.

• Like 2

We have a planned roadmap that sees us through most of 2021 at the moment and are planning 2022-2023 right now. While we agree GSVs are a target there are more numerous options that make better sense in the short term particularly on the UK side (which effectively pays for the Irish models)

1 hour ago, BosKonay said:

We have a planned roadmap that sees us through most of 2021 at the moment and are planning 2022-2023 right now. While we agree GSVs are a target there are more numerous options that make better sense in the short term particularly on the UK side (which effectively pays for the Irish models)

"Roadmap" is, obviously, a hint that we're going to see Hino trucks?

PIMP

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

• 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, DiveController said:

Thirty days has September, April, June and November, all the rest  .......

(was that the triple flat pack or did I miss something)

September isn't over yet................and Fran mentioned something about an A Class update early in the coming week..............

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Edo said:

September isn't over yet................and Fran mentioned something about an A Class update early in the coming week..............

Hopefully, the announcement is that IRM, in order to combat bankruptcy and homelessness in their client base, won't have any A's other than A39R until after Christmas!

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, murphaph said:

Yeah this is a fairly niche item yet it looks like selling out soon enough. It's surely a good positive sign for the future or RTR Irish models. The strongly hinted at rerun of the ballasts will see the ploughs sell out I'm sure too.

Waiting on some CIE ballasts to run with CIE & IR ploughs, or gypsums, and blue Taras, and A classes (happy to wait) and AEC railcars, and CIE 'laminates', and 800 class, and Bandon tank and .......

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, DiveController said:

Waiting on some CIE ballasts to run with CIE & IR ploughs, or gypsums, and blue Taras, and A classes (happy to wait) and AEC railcars, and CIE 'laminates', and 800 class, and Bandon tank and .......

AEC Railcars and laminates, that brings a smile to my face and let's not forget Park Royals. But do you really believe we can hope for an 800?

• Like 1

An 800? No idea. If IRM doesn't do it, none would. Would it sell? Absolutely! 

Now whether it would sell enough to make it worthwhile versus say an A class with 17 variants, I doubt that. I know that collectors would get one or multiples or three if 801 and 802 were available. Personally I would run mine especially if we had some 1950s laminate stock to go with it.

The price point cannot be higher than paying nearly STG300 for a OOworks J15 or attempting to assemble an 800 in brass. Over the years, we have seen some fine examples by experienced brass builders and some not so fine ones by those attempting an 800 but unable to complete it to a satisfactory standard as a complicated build. One could commission your build but that would makes a pretty high price point also.

Maybe you could sell it with some laminates as the newer Bachmann 00651 set which was produced both for the European market and also the US market. That set is still sought after even thought the loco is not entirely prototypical (but close) and the carriages are not prototypical.

I have no doubt Park Royals will be produced at some point but whether I'll be around to see it I don't know

Anyway to get back to topic, I bought a weed sprayer set for the flats and planned  to repurpose the container and tanks. It arrived, the wife saw it and said it was a loverly little thing when I explained what it was for, so now I'lll have to look for some headboards with wasp stripes for one of my 141s. It can go on display for now :facepalm:

I guess we'll need some 20' CIE tanks then too

Edited by DiveController
  • Like 1

We are risking the IRE of the moderators for drifting off topic.  But I agree with you. An 800 would sell to collectors and to those of us that want to would run it and it would be particularly attractive packaged as a train set as you suggest.   Unfortunately given the time frames we have witnessed on the production of Irish models over the past 15 years or so I may not be around to see this.

But closer to the topic of this thread, I think it's a safer bet to expect a tank wagon from IRM in the nearer term. Your wife is right.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 6:16 PM, Broithe said:

Well, I've decided to give up waiting for the clearance sale on these now...

No need to rush posting them, I won't be there until Tuesday next week.

Right, they arrived today - two hours after I did - perfect timing!

The timing is good in another way, too - I note that my genuine Lisduff ballast has nearly disappeared in the last ten weeks - I'll be making a mix in the morning for a test run.

DSC_0766.thumb.JPG.91cfd7adeea0982a3b72353c20f555ec.JPG

Others have commented on the healthy weight of the box and it certainly is a 'solid' product - it was odd, though, that the green box on its own felt slightly heavier than when the whole lot was in the brown outer box.

Guessing the weight of a held object can be very subjective.

• Funny 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

Check out this review of the Weed spray pack by BRM magazine https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/reviews/irish-railway-models-cie-weed-spray-wagons/

We found a few more sets in our stock take, but we still only have 20 packs left. Don't miss out! 

https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/weedspray-train/products/cie-ir-42-flat-weedspray-triple-pack

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

What's the history of the weedspray train?

The tanks on the 42' flats, are they the same tanks that were on the 20' (?) flats previously?

And the 42' Weedspray ran from 2005 / 2006 until a year or two ago?

When did the 20' Weedspray run from and until?

I think the last time there was a loco hauled weed train was sometime around the start of covid. Around the same time the last IE BR gen van was withdrawn. Still awaiting scrap I understand