Weedsprayer Pack Now In Stock!

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Ordered mine last night, looking forward to their arrival. As for the gsv, would love to see one from Irm but I do understand that if the math is wrong for the company I'll have to make do with my scratch built one. Keep it up guys, your doing a great job emptying my wallet on a regular basis.

Any news on what's next from irm? 

Edited by Riversuir226
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Riversuir226 said:

Ordered mine last night, looking forward to their arrival. As for the gsv, would love to see one from Irm but I do understand that if the math is wrong for the company I'll have to make do with my scratch built one. Keep it up guys, your doing a great job emptying my wallet on a regular basis.

Any news on what's next from irm? 

We've a little surprise on it's way in the next week or so, then a new announcement in September too :)

Anthony Smyth has spectacularly weathered his spoils over on FB group. Absolutely incredible job, makes them look so real.

Love the way he got the interiors done and the loads

Holy Moly

Greatly improves the look of already excellent wagons.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Noel said:

Anthony Smyth has spectacularly weathered his spoils over on FB group. Absolutely incredible job, makes them look so real.

Love the way he got the interiors done and the loads

Holy Moly

Greatly improves the look of already excellent wagons.

You could easily do this yourself Noel, Your nearly there as it is with your efforts these days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flying Scotsman 4472 said:

I’d say Ammonia tankers. 🤔

I'd hazard a wild guess a wagon that uses the same chassis, 20-22ft container flats v double beet wagons, molasses, etc. Look how much milage they extracted from the 42ft chassis. Would love if they were doing mk3 or CAF mk4 sets. MM could to a rerun of Green'n'Silver 201s to go with the CAFs (ie 222 and 229 long sold out).

• Like 2

On 8/28/2020 at 12:36 AM, Mayner said:

Personally I will probably get more enjoyment out of re-building at least one of the tanks back into its original state as a wagon, than waiting in the expectation of IRM producing a rtr model, I also need to design a 21mm gauge w iron assembly suitable for other wagons with triangulated underframes.

One of the attractions of the conversion is that IRM have completed the really difficult work in modelling the tank anchors and triangulated underframe.

The wagons were originally built on a standard 16'11" 10' wb triangulated underframe similar to the corrugated opens and later H vans. The wagons were converted into de-mountable tanks during the late 70s for use with the new weedspray train. These wagons were smaller in capacity and quite different in design to the tank wagons built by CIE from the mid 1960s onwards and the Class A & B Charles Robetrs tank wagons imported for ESSO oil traffic during the late 1960s

The information provided is much appreciated. thank you.

I agree that there is great personal pleasure in creating models from scratch or adapting existing components to create a model. However, the difficulty is in deciding what to dedicate our time to. If we know a manufacturer is proposing to produce an item we desire, that affords us the opportunity to dedicate our time and efforts elsewhere while we wait for that offering, accepting some will want to take on the challenge anyway. This is why I'm a bit disappointed that IRM are choosing to delay announcements until close to the release of models and justify this by  pointing to criticism of long waits on the part of some. Well personally (and I think many would agree) I would really like to know what may be in the pipeline no matter the wait and I would hope to see a policy change in that regard.   I think this should also be advantageous to IRM as commitments to purchase should help with planning. 

• Like 4
  • WOW! 1

9 minutes ago, Ironroad said:

The information provided is much appreciated. thank you.

I agree that there is great personal pleasure in creating models from scratch or adapting existing components to create a model. However, the difficulty is in deciding what to dedicate our time to. If we know a manufacturer is proposing to produce an item we desire, that affords us the opportunity to dedicate our time and efforts elsewhere while we wait for that offering, accepting some will want to take on the challenge anyway. This is why I'm a bit disappointed that IRM are choosing to delay announcements until close to the release of models and justify this by  pointing to criticism of long waits on the part of some. Well personally (and I think many would agree) I would really like to know what may be in the pipeline no matter the wait and I would hope to see a policy change in that regard.   I think this should also be advantageous to IRM as commitments to purchase should help with planning. 

The project 42 range was announced 2 years ago. So there has been plenty of pre-warning of these items coming out. Future items will be announced with pre-production samples, so there will still be plenty of warning. 

• Like 9

If there is going to be announcement to include the beet wagons, I would hope there could be weathered ones. The beet trains around Wexford and Waterford were such a part of the railway year and each train had so many wagons! Perhaps they could be done in packs of five?

Or maybe the one pack a wagon with warning lamps? 🤪

Edited by Wexford70

3 minutes ago, Wexford70 said:

If there is going to be announcement to include the beet wagons, I would hope there could be weathered ones. The beet trains around Wexford and Waterford were such a part of the railway year and each train had so many wagons! Perhaps they could be done in packs of five?

Or maybe the one pack a wagon with warning lamps? 🤪

2qe-L.jpg

I think it's best that we keep this thread on topic to the weedspray set and perhaps do wishlisting elsewhere. Thanks! (btw, the next announcement is not beet wagons!) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

The project 42 range was announced 2 years ago. So there has been plenty of pre-warning of these items coming out. Future items will be announced with pre-production samples, so there will still be plenty of warning. 

Hi Fran, I'll put this context from my view point and in keeping with the weedspray set topic.  The weedspray set is not of particular interest to me but I have deliberated over whether to purchase it because it would provide me with 3 x 42' flats for use with containers from C Rail, and I could use the tanks to model tanker wagons as suggested by Mayner.  But it seems perfectly logical for IRM to release the 42' flats without loads, and for IRM to leverage the work done in tooling the tanks to produce the tank wagon. But without any indication as to your intentions it's a bit of a dilemma.

In fairness you did announce the 42' project in March 2018 and I think your last announcement of a new item (except for accessories and the grey bubbles) was the A class Oct 27 '18. Given the pletora of earlier announcements I feel there has been a subtle change in policy.  I do not mean to seem ungrateful in any way for what you do but it would be helpful to have a better picture of what to hope for.  

• Like 1

Just now, Ironroad said:

Hi Fran, I'll put this context from my view point and in keeping with the weedspray set topic.  The weedspray set is not of particular interest to me but I have deliberated over whether to purchase it because it would provide me with 3 x 42' flats for use with containers from C Rail, and I could use the tanks to model tanker wagons as suggested by Mayner.  But it seems perfectly logical for IRM to release the 42' flats without loads, and for IRM to leverage the work done in tooling the tanks to produce the tank wagon. But without any indication as to your intentions it's a bit of a dilemma.

In fairness you did announce the 42' project in March 2018 and I think your last announcement of a new item (except for accessories and the grey bubbles) was the A class Oct 27 '18. Given the pletora of earlier announcements I feel there has been a subtle change in policy.  I do not mean to seem ungrateful in any way for what you do but it would be helpful to have a better picture of what to hope for.  

Hi there,

We understand that, but it's only fair that it's pointed out that the only models we have dropped from the sky is accessories, which are relatively low cost items and do not require much saving for. 

We have strongly hinted before that we will do a pack of empty liner wagons, three to a box when we launched project 42. I can strongly hint that this will happen and will be available soon! 

All new models from a locomotive and rolling stock POV will be announced with an EP1 sample. This cuts down the waiting times, but also gives people more notice to save up ahead of a purchase. We think this is the best middleground for everyone.

And you dont come across as ungrateful, we appreciate constructive feedback and as you can see above, have listened to it.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 6

Given how well the weed sprayers are going, would it possible for the guys at IRM to see how many of us would be willing to commit to the weed sprayer van at differing price levels?

Perhaps:

At least then there would be more of an idea of the feasibility of a production run.

24 minutes ago, Wexford70 said:

Given how well the weed sprayers are going, would it possible for the guys at IRM to see how many of us would be willing to commit to the weed sprayer van at differing price levels?

Perhaps:

At least then there would be more of an idea of the feasibility of a production run.

With all due respect, we already know it's not feasible. To make it viable we would need to produce three times more spray vans than the total number of weedspray wagon sets we've produced, which simply doesn't add up.

• Like 4
  • Informative 2

2 hours ago, Garfield said:

With all due respect, we already know it's not feasible. 

Yet Fran previously said:

If you read back over my opening post it states that we have not ruled it out yet, but it is very difficult to do.

You can see why one might be a little confused. Just to confirm the van has now been ruled out? And was ruled out before the release of the excellent weed spraying wagons?

Edited by Wexford70

4 minutes ago, Wexford70 said:

You can see why one might be a little confused. Just to confirm the van has now been ruled out?

The phrase after the section you've highlighted is the key point there. We'll continue to run the numbers in the hope that it will become viable at some point, so in that sense it has not been ruled out, but it is certainly not viable at this point in time.

At the end of the day, the issue is market size rather than concern over a higher than normal RRP. 

• Like 4

This reminds me of the movie dumb and dumber he asks the girl what are our chances of getting together. She says a million to one, the lad replies so I have a chance.

It's also a bit like football fan transfer muppetry. The chances of your club signing a player are zero to none but you keep hoping. Don't give up man keep the faith.

Rich,

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

1 hour ago, RedRich said:

This reminds me of the movie dumb and dumber he asks the girl what are our chances of getting together. She says a million to one, the lad replies so I have a chance.

It's also a bit like football fan transfer muppetry. The chances of your club signing a player are zero to none but you keep hoping. Don't give up man keep the faith.

Rich,

Good analogy with the football club but sometimes it does happen and I have a lot of sympathy with Wexford70.  Perhaps if the dream of a regular GSV came to be  (I'd commit to 2 or 3) it might not be too far a step to getting a weedspray van from there. I'll keep the faith but fear I may be pushing up daisies before it is justified.