New IRM Announcement - Original Taras! (and Newer Livery too)

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

- If you buy all 8 packs you get 15% off (deduction is ex VAT)

- Well spotted - SKU corrected

- The Blue packs feature accurate details for that era, including the original roof / lids, the bauxite packs feature the same lids as run 1 and the 'modern' lids are also tooled - perhaps for a future run?

- this is the pricing on global shipping (outside EU/UK) and is based on DHL Worldwide Express

Screenshot 2021-06-04 at 09.11.32.png

How long did those ribbed lids last in service? There are photos on the IRRS Flickr site that seem to indicate that the wagons were changed to a different style of lid from mid 1980's.

One thing for certain from studying photos of the wagons is that the blue livery had disappeared under a thick layer of dust and grime after about two years in service (1979).

Edited by iarnrod
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, iarnrod said:

How long did those ribbed lids last in service? There are photos on the IRRS Flickr site that seem to indicate that the wagons were changed to a different style of lid from mid 1980's.

One thing for certain from studying photos of the wagons is that the blue livery had disappeared under a thick layer of dust and grime after about two years in service (1979).

The ribbed lids could still be observed in use into the early 1990s.

Even now, the third (peaked) style of lid hasn't yet completely replaced the second (curved) type, even though it must be a decade or so since they first appeared...

• Like 1

Members do have the right to be dissapointed and say so in a constuctive way which can lead to others agreeing or disagreeing with a post. However if a member does post an inflammatory comment like not good enough in the angry and confrontational manner that MN did then he should have had the cojones to try and defend what he said, and the fact he still hasn't disapoints me the most. It must be like standing on a battle field and doing a runner at the first sight of the enemy. We have to have the courage of our convictions otherwise and most often posts like that come across as whingy needy trolling. The blue Taras look sweet and will really compliment the A's. 

Rich,

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Noel said:

Hi Stephen, any photos of the blue versions in traffic (ie weathered)?

Here you go, Noel. A really good one popped up on Facebook yesterday in one of the groups. I'd tag you but you have me blocked over there, but check out past and present anyway. 

Cheers!

Fran 

011 - Rush & Lusk

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Here you go, Noel. A really good one popped up on Facebook yesterday in one of the groups. I'd tag you but you have me blocked over there, but check out past and present anyway. 

Cheers!

Fran 

011 - Rush & Lusk

Will you be doing them in Gull Grey then at some stage? :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Any hints?

Will it be a re-run of something for the A's to haul, or will you burst my BUBBLE?

Well, one is the Tara for sure, the other is all new model that is currently being assessed and checked ahead of launch in the coming weeks, and there will be some re-runs too, not to mention other all new models in the works at various stages of development.... 

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

Great news! Our Taras are now complete and due to leave the factory next week! They will travel by sea but will arrive as per our estimate of Q4, likely October. Over 40% are already presold, so make sure you get your order in soon! https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/tara-mines

Cheers,

Fran 

Awesome news, right behind the A's!

On 13/7/2021 at 3:15 PM, Westcorkrailway said:

Here is hoping its green, grey or silver, or would "tin" be a better way of putting it!

Green, grey or silver? You mean an InterCity 201?

4 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

I've written what I am guessing on a bit of paper. I'll see how it compares with tomorrow's announcement of MGWR six wheelers and RTR steam!

With just 1 minute to go to the glorified “Thursday” where we get our announcement I predict if it’s a locomotive, the C class. If it’s a coach then it’s going to be a Park Royal......

or neither

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

• 3 weeks later...