Rails Through Tipperary

Rate this topic

jhb171achill

3 hours ago, Mike 84C said:

struck down by covidpox!! get yourself jabbed thrice I say, works for me. Well so far!!   😷

Tis my plan indeed! I rang the Quack yesterday to find out when I can go…

2 hours ago, murphaph said:

Is that on sale already JB? I want to pick one of those up for sure.

As of today, the publisher has got a delivery from their printer, and they’ve put it on their website and Amazon* today.

(*  personally I refuse to get anything from this parasitic company! Buy from publisher….!)

2 hours ago, Broithe said:

Tipperary?

Does it run a bit over the border to the Centre of the Universe*?

*Ballybrophy.

Sure does! Borris-in-Somewhere!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, murphaph said:

I'm afraid it'll have to be amazon for me JB. It's just easier with postage to buy off amazon Germany. Free postage as I have a Prime account too. Order placed. They are saying 21st November on there.

There's a lot of modern-image stuff you'll like, murphaph.... containers and orange locos galore! For "A" class fans, a feast, as this was a stamping ground for that class at one time. The occasional "oddball" working too, such as an 6-car 80 class set at Clonmel on a Sunday working, and four "G"s stuffed in the loco shed at Thurles. Naturally there has to be at least a LITTLE steam in colour.....including 800!

• Like 6

I'm afraid it'll have to be amazon for me JB. It's just easier with postage to buy off amazon Germany. Free postage as I have a Prime account too. Order placed. They are saying 21st November on there.

There's a lot of modern-image stuff you'll like, murphaph.... containers and orange locos galore! For "A" class fans, a feast, as this was a stamping ground for that class at one time. The occasional "oddball" working too, such as an 6-car 80 class set at Clonmel on a Sunday working, and four "G"s stuffed in the loco shed at Thurles. Naturally there has to be at least a LITTLE steam in colour.....including 800!

2 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

You had me sold with the front cover! 800 is a nice bonus!

• Like 2

On 18/11/2021 at 2:14 PM, jhb171achill said:

Just got a text - this has arrived from the printers now.

Now Barry and I can mull over what’s next…… if and when we’ve time, as if we’re not struck down by the covidpox….. 

395ED0AC-34F1-4D1E-A901-B4FAC15EA80B.jpeg

Ordered

Order001.jpg.e88f6554bd8cf3d1ee45f7dd22265e28.jpg

Congrats @jhb171achill and Barry on what looks like another fine and valuable book for modellers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Noel said:

Thank you to all for your comments, which I passed on to Barry tonight. He also asked me to pass on his appreciation.

Advance orders for this are brisk, to say the least.

Yes, we did have an eye on modellers when selecting and discussing some of the views. Hopefully it will assist anyone modelling the (primarily) 1970-2000 period.

Edited by jhb171achill
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, TimO said:

@jhb171achillLooking forward to this book. Who is the publisher and do you know the ISBN number?

Hi TimO

Thank you for your comment - it's published by Colourpoint  / Blackstaff Press, Newtownards, Co Down.

Rails Through Tipperary: Limerick to Waterford | Blackstaff Press

I don't actually know what the ISBN is yet, as I haven't received my own copies yet! It was only released on Thursday!

On 22/11/2021 at 2:17 AM, johnfromoz said:

Ordered mine direct from Blackstaff. Will get here in Tasmania eventually 😄😄

Many thanks!!

It would be interesting to know how long that takes, John.

I recently posted a small parcel (model coach) to the USA, which I would have expected to take maybe a week. It took over 4 weeks….. I assumed it lost in the post….

Edited by jhb171achill