barrow street

Rate this topic

warb

20 hours ago, burnthebox said:

OK warb, I know what your ,game is, your not a developer, & your real name isn't McAlpine, you only do little nixors.....😀😀😀

Found out at last.Here are a few shots of older buildings  I made a while back. Harmony court and ideal standard building

DSCF4325.JPG

DSCF4326.JPG

DSCF4327.JPG

DSCF4324.JPG

DSCF4329.JPG

DSCF4330.JPG

DSCF4331.JPG

DSCF4332.JPG

DSCF4333.JPG

DSCF4334.JPG

• Like 9
  • WOW! 6

Keeps taking me back to when I last worked in Dublin around 2002 our offices were at the corner of Grand Canal Street & Harmony Row. The staff canteen was on the 2nd floor overlooking the line between the Boston Yard and Pearse Station, explored the area around the Pearse Station and the Dock during lunch time. Amazingly our relatively new 1990s? brick clad  office building which was in keeping with the existing street scape appears to have been demolished and replaced with a more modern open plan office block with curtain wall cladding.

Interesting times  201s and MK3 Push Pull stock replaced the 2700 railcars on Northern Outer suburban services were stored during off peak periods on the running loops between Pearse and Grand Canal Dock, the occasional single 141 working Connolly-Rosslare passenger services if an 071 was not available. On weekends the Platin-Cork Bulk cement train regularly ran to the Boston to run round as the North Wall freight yards were normally closed Saturday afternoons and Sundays.

Happy Times! 

For those not fully convinced that this is beyond sublime in it's construction and design, take a moment of solace to consider the amount of work in CAD making up all the base data. In fact, I'd recommend a wee dram of yer favorite tipple and start the thread from the beginning... Were I to wear a hat, twould be suitably doffed. R. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Glenderg said:

In fact, I'd recommend a wee dram of yer favorite tipple and start the thread from the beginning... 

I have done - a few times.

When I first saw the signal gantry, I had suspicions that there might be a few other bits that could be worth seeing...

• Like 1

Just a thank you to all who have commented on barrow street overtime. When I started barrow street the majority of it was done with pencil and using 1.5mm plywood cut only with a stanley knife and or scalpel. As time moved on and with the help of CAD which was a god send even just for the amount of windows required for 40 plus buildings approx.(Just alone for the TCD building in excess of 90 windows). Like all, there is time i had to walk away and come back to do another bit.The main interest for me is the actual figuring out and completing different buildings/layout/parts and how it can be done and more importantly making a representation of a item  with modellers licences. Again Thanks

warb

DSCF4341.JPG

DSCF4342.JPG

DSCF4344.JPG

DSCF4345.JPG

• Like 6
  • WOW! 5

Inspiring, thanks for sharing,  i chuckle that your a 'junior member' you could be called warb'ilangelo, or maybe warb deVinchi,
Often when i look at pic's and vid's of modellers work across the globe, i think' what chance have i in creating something so amazing. As i struggle on, five steps back, a few forward, i sorta get disillusioned. After a while more research, i plod on...

Having read this entire tread with great photos, esp' the wide angle shots of your amazing layout I have been totally inspired by whats possible.

Thank you, from this newbee, and I am sure I say thanks from all Irish modellers for raising the standards so high.

• Like 3