barrow street

Rate this topic

warb

31 minutes ago, jason brady said:

Still can't get over how good this is. I've seen some class layouts on here over the years but this is out there on its own. Can I suggest that this thread be moved to the Layout section so it's not lost in General Chat down the line?

Done!

Splendid!

Love the way the railway sits firmly in the urban landscape. Such scenes are rare in British models and rarer still in the Irish scene, I'm guessing.

Raised tracks, large, complex buildings are not easy, while the artistic skills involved in pulling them all together are considerable.

Deserves a wider audience, so very much hope we will eventually see articles in one or more of the major magazines.

Definitely one to watch.

Good attention to detail & finishing on the buildings.  From the construction photos, it looks like considerable use of thin plywood for most of the building? 

I like the merits of plywood's strength, but I'm too lazy to go to the workshop to cut parts - I prefer to use card with printed templates from AutoCAD for structure, & printed finishes from Scalescenes.

Is the layout constructed in such a way as to make it transportable?

I've heard great things about this layout and seeing the pics confirms how amazing it is. It's refreshing to see s model in an urban setting especially when it is modelled on a prototypical location. 

It has all the hallmarks of being great it is that amazing. 

Rich,

I worked from an office on Grand Canal Street about 15 years ago, the staff tea room was on the 3rd floor facing the Boston Yard. I ended up with a squint as I always had one eye on the window🙄.

The Boston Yard became increasingly busy after the Drogheda & Maynooth suburban services were extended to Pearse in the early 1980s both for reversing trains and storing trains trains during the off peak period. Most of the MK3 Push pull fleet were stored on the relief lines between Pearse & the Boston Yard after working the peak hour services from Drogheda. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...