IRM Stocking Murphy Models 121 Locomotives!

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

On 8/12/2020 at 2:22 PM, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

Some tantalizing pictures in from Murphy Models showing the various liveries with Supertrain to follow! Make sure you get your order in with us and support your Irish model railway manufacturers! https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/murphy-models-class-121-locomotive

Enjoy!

151389602_MM121and135001.thumb.jpg.2efdecaa48a9663886b5edd859e79713.jpg

1811794710_MM121and135002.thumb.jpg.e3f6e0fcfe3e3ad380646fe699a41269.jpg

17164430_MM125001.thumb.jpg.6c71553ab778ab9a5932cf90d802dc4b.jpg

2089591501_MM125002.thumb.jpg.6b7a64d6437738e10d5c34da9a435b58.jpg

1813674069_MM125and131.thumb.jpg.c477c6c33802802aae206070f7fb179d.jpg

823989842_MM130001.thumb.jpg.5ecc43368a5df115fbb22c4ef329e35b.jpg

259007964_MM130and133.thumb.jpg.c8b600cb3173e928ee7c3b8d1dd6422c.jpg

274629550_MM130and134.thumb.jpg.6fe4236777561766f6619a02c7e50433.jpg

1861020759_MM134.thumb.jpg.747f60f59b1c44f4368d9db29dbd7914.jpg

All pics are copyright of Murphy Models.

Cheers!

Fran

47195983_MM130002.thumb.jpg.1d6b0c3b2cf547d5c8101928489ab299.jpg

Pick of the bunch. Its been a while. But I think I've just soiled myself :drool:

• Like 5

On 8/12/2020 at 4:54 PM, DJ Dangerous said:

Does anybody know how many of each version of the 121 models have been produced?

The RPSI version was 300 units, I think?

121 and 124 are already sold out on the IRM website! How many of each have been allocated to IRM for sales?

Oh well that's a shame. There's no real stock warning on preorders, I suppose. 124 & 134 are not really my era but would have liked to get one of each. Maybe Marks.

Haven't been on here in a couple of weeks. I'm just happy to be alive after a recent health issue so I'll live with it in the literal sense 😀

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DiveController said:

Oh well that's a shame. There's no real stock warning on preorders, I suppose. 124 & 134 are not really my era but would have liked to get one of each. Maybe Marks.

Haven't been on here in a couple of weeks. I'm just happy to be alive after a recent health issue so I'll live with it in the literal sense 😀

Glad you're OK, DC.

Hit by a train, I assume?

• Funny 1

Given the way that these locos were operated is there any merit in posting a note explaining if the model will come wired/programmed to operate hood forward or cab forward?  And for DCC users would there be any instructions on how to set the correct CV to change?  Or does it matter?

3 minutes ago, DART8118 said:

Given the way that these locos were operated is there any merit in posting a note explaining if the model will come wired/programmed to operate hood forward or cab forward?  And for DCC users would there be any instructions on how to set the correct CV to change?  Or does it matter?

Not quite sure what you mean? It would be no different from a double cab loco, with appropriate lighting for the direction of travel... :) 

48 minutes ago, DART8118 said:

This is a single cab loco, so if I choose forward on my controller will the hood lead out or the cab lead out?

I assume you are using Digital Command Control (DCC)!  I use Digitrax. My handset has two control knobs. Each knob allows me to set an  address or addresses for a locomotive/s and the direction of travel.  Thus, one knob may show a locomotive facing, and running, Right to Left. The other know may show the opposite. Theses settings can be adjusted if required. Using a (simple) consist command the locomotives/s can be controlled from one command knob. Thus, in the case of two single cab locomotives(121) the cab ends can face outward, the bonnets inward toward one-and -other. Realistic running is perfectly possible.. 

Edited by Old Blarney

On DCC control, the normal orientation of diesel locomotives is that the radiator end leads when going forward. This would mean that with a single cab loco the cab would be at the rear when travelling 'forward' on the controller, as per the Bachmann BR Class 20. However, it is possible that the MM 121 may be configured differently. 

Edited by Dhu Varren
  • Informative 2

1 hour ago, Garfield said:

That'll all depend on the polarity of your track wiring...

Not on DCC surely? I treat my 121s as if the cab end is the front end, its the first  bit on CV29 that controls direction. Few seconds to configure on most DCC controllers on the main or test track. When I press FWD on my cab my 121s start off cab first direction

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Noel said:

Not on DCC surely? I treat my 121s as if the cab end is the front end, its the first  bit on CV29 that controls direction. Few seconds to configure on most DCC controllers on the main or test track. When I press FWD on my cab my 121s start off cab first direction

I didn't see the earlier mention of DCC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dhu Varren said:

On DCC control, the normal orientation of diesel locomotives is that the radiator end leads when going forward. This would mean that with a single cab loco the cab would be at the rear when travelling 'forward' on the controller, as per the Bachmann BR Class 20. However, it is possible that the MM 121 may be configured differently. 

On British built locos the radiator is the No1 end while on US built locos the radiator is at the No2 end. That would explain the situation of the Class 20.

But in saying that on old US switcher designs the cab is at No2 end, so who knows.

• Informative 1

33 minutes ago, Railer said:

On British built locos the radiator is the No1 end while on US built locos the radiator is at the No2 end. That would explain the situation of the Class 20.

But in saying that on old US switcher designs the cab is at No2 end, so who knows.

I never mentioned anything about which end is No1 or No2. I merely stated that with DCC the default 'forward' for diesel locomotives is with the radiator end leading. This seems to be the norm for British and Irish models, but it may not be so in the US.

2 hours ago, Noel said:

Thanks Noel.  Just changed the cab CV on a 141 and it works magic.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Broithe said:

I believe that the No 1 end is the front, and the No 2 end is the back.

That's certainly the case with children, anyway.

But, I've never found it easy to control the sound level.

PIMP

Yes Broithe, a well know fault with children - no function keys for volume control and no on/off switch. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

We got word today that the first 3 121s; B121, B135 and the RPSI special edition B134 are landing in Dublin next week. They will then be taken into stock and pre-orders will be dispatched from Monday week.

We still have some stock of these three locos allocated to us, so get them before they go! https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/murphy-models-class-121-locomotive

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

We got word today that the first 3 121s; B121, B135 and the RPSI special edition B134 are landing in Dublin next week. They will then be taken into stock and pre-orders will be dispatched from Monday week.

We still have some stock of these three locos allocated to us, so get them before they go! https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/murphy-models-class-121-locomotive

Cheers!

Fran

B121 is still available?

6 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers!

Fran

cant wait best news of the week 

• Like 1