New Announcement! IRM Ballast and Gypsum Hoppers!

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Hi everyone,

We're delighted to announce that the ballast and gypsum wagons have arrived in Dublin and dispatch will begin shortly! We have a massive amount of pre-orders on these so they will take a number of days to get through.

We still have some left in stock if you fancy them, order your ballasts here: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/ballast-hoppers and your gypsum here: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/gypsum-ore-wagons

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi everyone,

We're delighted to announce that the ballast and gypsum wagons have arrived in Dublin and dispatch will begin shortly! We have a massive amount of pre-orders on these so they will take a number of days to get through.

We still have some left in stock if you fancy them, order your ballasts here: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/ballast-hoppers and your gypsum here: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/gypsum-ore-wagons

Cheers!

Fran

Don't suppose any of ye lads fancy flying down here and hand-delivering some 121's, Ballasts, Gypsums, Tayto and Club Orange, do ye?

• Funny 1

Hi everyone,

In stock and dispatch is under way! These are being sent from our new warehouse base in Dublin. We are currently waiting on the plough vans to arrive back from the UK, so if you ordered a bundle this will be sent out in about a weeks time when the plough vans arrive back in Dublin. Apologies for the delay on this! 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

Just a query to the lads about the gypsum hoppers. I know you do research and get photo evidence of all wagons. My query is of wagon 26764 in pack B, to me this was part of the dolomite wagon range and not a gypsum.

Gypsums are 26666-694 and 26780-790.

Dolomites are 26612-635 and 26760-766.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Railer said:

Just a query to the lads about the gypsum hoppers. I know you do research and get photo evidence of all wagons. My query is of wagon 26764 in pack B, to me this was part of the dolomite wagon range and not a gypsum.

Gypsums are 26666-694 and 26780-790.

Dolomites are 26612-635 and 26760-766.

Yep, we have photographic proof. :)

This wagon was moved to the gypsum pool after dolomite traffic ceased in the 1980s.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, K801 said:

18 boxes of hoppers safely arrived in the US of A yesterday, thanks guys 👍

Thanks for the order, nice and quick to the US considering the goings on in the world at the moment.

Thank you to everyone who ordered, we are still powering through pre-orders but should get them out in the coming days!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Dempsey said:

Missed getting the ir bundle unfortunately. Got the ie bundle and might get a packed of the ir wagons on theyre own to mix in between the ie ones

I'm a complete nutter who ordered IÉ ones to run with IR ploughs  😲.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Niles said:

I'm a complete nutter who ordered IÉ ones to run with IR ploughs  😲.

19 hours ago, Dempsey said:

Missed getting the ir bundle unfortunately. Got the ie bundle and might get a packed of the ir wagons on theyre own to mix in between the ie ones

Ah, sure mixing them like that just makes it even more authentic.

A few CIE's mixed in with the IR's for the late eighties or early nineties, and a few IR's mixed in with the IE's for the early IE era.

2 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Ah, sure mixing them like that just makes it even more authentic.

A few CIE's mixed in with the IR's for the late eighties or early nineties, and a few IR's mixed in with the IE's for the early IE era.

Exactly what i was thinking, like a few missed being rebranded. 

• Like 1

I forgot to add. I really like that IRM have now upgraded the IRM brand packaging with theses ballasts to Accurascale standard with the hard plastic slip over the box. The IRM boxes still have the shiney finish compared to the light satin feel of the Accurascale boxes.

It makes them feel that bit more premium as I always felt the IRM packs as a poor cousin to the AS packs. 

A nice step up for those who care about that sort of thing. 

• Like 3

Got mine today Perfect timing too as the missues was out getting the weeks shopping of Aldi beans and bread. Hard times ;) Sssssssshhhhhhh!

Good fix for the few issues I came across talking with buddies with the Week Spray boxes falling open and the model getting damaged during Transit (happen to mine too but able to fix). A Small Sticky label too to sides would of done the job too ala Airfix but fair play.

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

As you will have seen these orders will be arriving with customers now, with more due to leave the warehouse next week. Gypsums have sold particularly well, with just over 60% gone, so make sure you move quick to get yours before they go! We recently added complete images of all them to our website, and very pretty they look too. Check them out on the website here: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/gypsum-ore-wagons

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 1

Well thanks gang !  12 Gypsums collected from Post office today - I was posting some crimbo cards and it seemed rude not to drop in and check, Parcel farce (force) not helping with no advice of having to pick up but now I know the score I can work around.... ( 1st world problem of course! ) 

Wagons in boxed sleeves and traveled with out loss of any bits and bobs, loads a nice touch as well.  Bank balance in self inflicted tatters but you only buy models once !

Robert   

1137857366_Gypsumdelivery051220005.thumb.jpg.c89ff911dda5f40d05cdd42da5c0bf77.jpg

• Like 2

On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 6:50 PM, murphaph said:

Anyone know when the last ballast wagon lost its CIE roundels?

They stopped applying new ones to everything in 1986/7.

From the dawn of the IE / IR era, most wagons of most types had no logo at all, just the number - there were a few exceptions, though, which got the "set of points" logo.

As for the roundel, wagons were never top of the list for repaints, so just as some pre-1963 "flying snails" were to be seen on goods vans into the mid-70s, so the roundels were to be seen, ever more grubby and faded (as reproduced on one variant of the IRM fert wagon) into the 1990s. As for the exact date of the exact last one, probably impossible to tell.

I do recall seeing a fertiliser train just at the end of the period in which they ran. Only two wagons in the train had any logo at all, as per the norm by then, but two had very badly worn CIE "roundels", one barely visible at all.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Robert Shrives said:

Well thanks gang !  12 Gypsums collected from Post office today - I was posting some crimbo cards and it seemed rude not to drop in and check, Parcel farce (force) not helping with no advice of having to pick up but now I know the score I can work around.... ( 1st world problem of course! ) 

Wagons in boxed sleeves and traveled with out loss of any bits and bobs, loads a nice touch as well.  Bank balance in self inflicted tatters but you only buy models once !

Robert   

1137857366_Gypsumdelivery051220005.thumb.jpg.c89ff911dda5f40d05cdd42da5c0bf77.jpg

Once you can't resist anymore. They look amazing.

Rich,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

So you're saying that somebody modelling the mid nineties doesn't have to search too hard for an excuse to buy some CIE Ballast wagons? 

Correct - while I've no specific note or memory, the CIE logo is certain to have been on a good few of them in the 1990s.

I note that IRM have again added that little "weathering" detail in, with one of their models pictured above having a clean white number, but an older dulled brownish IR logo - i.e. badly "weathered" white.

• Like 3