New Announcement! IRM Ballast and Gypsum Hoppers!

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

2 hours ago, Vlak said:

If I recall correctly there was 1x ballast hopper that had the IÉ plug & socket logo stencilled on the sides

There were several tank wagons converted for Molasses traffic that carried the IR ‘points’ logo as well as at least one brake van I seem to recall.

Knew I'd seen the IR marked Molasses tank wagons somewhere but not sure if I've seen that IE ballast wagon. Maybe @Warbonnet might post when things cool down after the show and IRM announcement, and get us back on track on this tread. Sorry if we've got a bit off topic from ballasts/gypsums 

Molasses 2/5 of the rake still in IR, Foynes 1998

CIE_Mollasses01

• Like 4
  • Informative 1

Great announcement once again. Something for everyone. 

It’s great to see how so many more modellers and collectors are now interested in the Irish scene than 5 years ago and hopefully as more get interested my dream of a NIR 80 Class DEMU in RTR gets more viable!

The IR and gypsum packs will get a little run on Ballyercall. 

Edited by NIRCLASS80
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Really like these Ballast wagons. They uncouple and couple really well using kadee as per IRMs recommendation to glue kadee's under the NEM pockets, or use the pockets in fixed rakes and just modify the end wagons as per Stephens original suggestion. These would not have been shunted or marshalled like other two axle stock, but the bubbles might have been marshalled into any type of formation with other wagons in the early days. Looking forward to weathering the rest of my Ballast wagons over the winter. Might even respray some of the loads to Gypsum colour for a bit of variety. These wagons were a game changer for the Irish modelling scene and a taste of all the goodies that were to come afterwards from this stable. Never have we had it so good. IRM seem to have helped grow the size of the Irish modelling market, so glad that folks who missed out on the first run will now be able to benefit from these exciting re-runs especially in CIE and IR liveries not to mention the Gypsom variants.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DiveController said:

Knew I'd seen the IR marked Molasses tank wagons somewhere but not sure if I've seen that IE ballast wagon. Maybe @Warbonnet might post when things cool down after the show and IRM announcement, and get us back on track on this tread. Sorry if we've got a bit off topic from ballasts/gypsums 

Molasses 2/5 of the rake still in IR, Foynes 1998

CIE_Mollasses01

We have a photo of it on file but we do not have permission to publish it, sadly. It only came to light after we went into production commenced on our new run of hoppers (though @Garfield swore blind for a long time it existed after seeing it in his youth). It is our understanding that two hoppers at least got the plug and socket logo, but at least we have photographic evidence that one got it. Something for us for a future run! 

I was also told once that an ivory bubble got an IR logo instead of CIE, though I thought Irish cement would've been more likely in that era. Since we've not seen a pic it's not something we can do in model form. Though if anyone has a pic of anything like that on our wagons, please let us know! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1
  • Funny 1

5 hours ago, Noel said:

Really like these Ballast wagons. They uncouple and couple really well using kadee as per IRMs recommendation to glue kadee's under the NEM pockets, or use the pockets in fixed rakes and just modify the end wagons as per Stephens original suggestion. These would not have been shunted or marshalled like other two axle stock, but the bubbles might have been marshalled into any type of formation with other wagons in the early days. Looking forward to weathering the rest of my Ballast wagons over the winter. Might even respray some of the loads to Gypsum colour for a bit of variety. These wagons were a game changer for the Irish modelling scene and a taste of all the goodies that were to come afterwards from this stable. Never have we had it so good. IRM seem to have helped grow the size of the Irish modelling market, so glad that folks who missed out on the first run will now be able to benefit from these exciting re-runs especially in CIE and IR liveries not to mention the Gypsom variants.

Thanks for that noel

Thanks noel great video 

• Like 1

I had a delve thru my archives and came across the photo of the IÉ Ballast Hopper, No. 24262. 

As an aside, I had a check thru some shots of the IÉ Fuel Oil Tank-Cars used for transporting fuel oil for internal use and the only one I could find was the IÉ liveried one depicted by DiveController in Limerick. While on the subject should IRM wish to make these models in the future the ones latterly used ran mostly on the same chassis as the Cement Bubbles, using 3x different types of tank design; two of which are depicted in DiveController's photo, with the third using an extended tank and were formerly Esso Oil tank cars (not to be confused with the class A tanks used on the Sligo & Claremorris Oil turns), which were utilised for IÉ fuel oil until the flow ceased in 2006. 

Anyway back to Ballast Hoppers, hope the photo helps. 

IE_Ballast_Hopper.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative 1

23 minutes ago, Vlak said:

I had a delve thru my archives and came across the photo of the IÉ Ballast Hopper, No. 24262. 

As an aside, I had a check thru some shots of the IÉ Fuel Oil Tank-Cars used for transporting fuel oil for internal use and the only one I could find was the IÉ liveried one depicted by DiveController in Limerick. While on the subject should IRM wish to make these models in the future the ones latterly used ran mostly on the same chassis as the Cement Bubbles, using 3x different types of tank design; two of which are depicted in DiveController's photo, with the third using an extended tank and were formerly Esso Oil tank cars (not to be confused with the class A tanks used on the Sligo & Claremorris Oil turns), which were utilised for IÉ fuel oil until the flow ceased in 2006. 

Anyway back to Ballast Hoppers, hope the photo helps. 

IE_Ballast_Hopper.jpg

Hi Vlak,

24262 is the one we have a pic of too, but it's not as good a pic as this one! If anyone wants to know what type of photos are of most use to model railway manufacturers it's this one; smack side on, clear with all the details. Cheers for sharing! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

1 minute ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi Vlak,

24262 is the one we have a pic of too, but it's not as good a pic as this one! If anyone wants to know what type of photos are of most use to model railway manufacturers it's this one; smack side on, clear with all the details. Cheers for sharing! 

I can supply smack side on photos of a NIR 80 Class willingly!!🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 4

8 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Will we get a heads-up here on the forum if any of the thirteen wagon packs are running low on pre-orders?

If I recall correctly, the website stock level countdown doesn't start working until the packs are actually in stock.

Oh yes, we will be providing updates as we go. Away from the work computer at the moment but last time I checked last night we were roughly at 30% pre-ordered across the range, so very popular so far! Should have some proper figures later today or early tomorrow. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Oh yes, we will be providing updates as we go. Away from the work computer at the moment but last time I checked last night we were roughly at 30% pre-ordered across the range, so very popular so far! Should have some proper figures later today or early tomorrow. 

Thank you!

Wow, incredible sales so far!!!

I had to go the Div 42 pack and will add more as funds allow. The printing on these look to be even more impressive than previous wagons, especially the IR wagons and the Div 42 wagon. 

I have to say in regards to the variety of wagons, who would have though that we could have 18 different running numbers in an Irish RTR wagon, that's just going off the IE versions.

Also anyone have any insight into the Div 42, was that an inside joke in the PWD. I believe it's for Division 42 and at least 2 wagons were marked with it?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ttc0169 said:

Lads-Any chance of fast tracking a Super train liveried 001 class for Christmas...it would be perfect  for hauling these new additions to the range.......just sayin.......:tumbsup:

Doubt we will see an A  class by then  Noel , but 2x 121 class with the Gypsum will do me for Christmas 

128+129 Beauparc.jpeg

Edited by flange lubricator
  • Like 7
  • WOW! 2

4 hours ago, flange lubricator said:

Doubt we will see an A  class by then  Noel , but 2x 121 class with the Gypsum will do me for Christmas 

128+129 Beauparc.jpeg

Good for me too....:tumbsup:

5 hours ago, Railer said:

Also anyone have any insight into the Div 42, was that an inside joke in the PWD. I believe it's for Division 42 and at least 2 wagons were marked with it?

Used during the Belfast line relaying programme of the late 1990s I believe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 24/10/2020 at 9:06 PM, DiveController said:

If you missed out on the rush, Marks Models still have some IRM IR Plough Vans

https://www.marksmodels.com/?pid=34697

Despite the IR era being of most interest to me I ordered a CIE one first off to go with the ballast set.

Saw the above message, In stock too,  I placed an order , Great I thought....Call then this am from MM, it was the incorrect ones they had up, The CIE Jobs are in stock.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Due in stock next week folks! Over half the run is pre-ordered already, so don't miss out!

Ballast wagons: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/ballast-hoppers

Gypsum wagons: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/gypsum-ore-wagons

About time...

Because this has to be the saddest photo that you'll see today:

2020-11-19 21.56.45-1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Funny 6