Nelson's Workbench

Rate this topic

Dunluce Castle

Thank you Kirley.

Hello everyone,

I got some handrails for the engine at model rail Scotland (which was a fantastic show btw) and put them on yesterday, apart from that the engine still looks the same, I'm now just waiting for some good wether then I can spray a primer onto her. Yesterday I also started this NCC coal wagon she is scratch built with platicard and some whitemetal buffers and axeboxes. I got a thin sheet of brass at my local craft store surprisingly enough and made the brake lever out of it, it turned out rather well so I'll be using the same method with my other wagons. School will delay this until next weekend, so until then

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nelson

Thanks David ^

Hello everyone,

I know I said it would be next week until I get the chance to model, but no homework = free modelling time :) so I got some free hours and finished this one off, some may say the weathering is too much but I like it and it's in it's last year of service with the UTA anyway.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks

Nelson

Huge respect Nelson. Young folks your age are the future of the hobby, we are in safe hand's. That's an excellent example of weathering and what makes it more remarkable is the fact the wagon is scratch built. I really enjoy watching your workbench and you are a very modest young man to go with the talent.

Rich,

Nelson, I'm shocked at what you have done. It does not represent the fine pin striped attributes of the board members of the BCDR / GNRI / NCC / UTA in their fine suits. You are hereby struck from their list of wagons builders and will live in a pox house for your days.

Honourable Lord Monty, First Lord of Glenderg.

Tut bloody Tut.