Irish Railway Models Launch

Rate this topic

BosKonay

hahahaha excellent!

Our good moderators and ballast wagon vendors will be raising eyes to heaven. Just as well there are no unicorns there.

Reminds me of the Irish Rovers song which almost made me cry as a kit it was so so sad

These days our house is crammed full of Unicorns, Alicorns and Peguases thanks to a little person and My Little Pony

Had a good ol chat earlier. There was alot of interest at the stand for the short time I was there. Hope you's clocked up a good few more orders during the day. A few guys were really getting their hopes up when they saw the the picture of the 121. They were getting way ahead of themselves.:ROFL:

Seems like they're still available on the website, although orders taken at the show might not update on there.

Incidentally, how many of these wagons would've traditionally been on a ballast train? Was there a set number in a rake or a range of lengths? And a plough van at either end?

They were usually around 12-14 on a ballast train with either a van at one or both ends right up until they were withdrawn. Even hauled by IC livery 201s around the Cork area so they are very varied with time frames and locos that hauled them to be correct for those modeling them.

Seems like they're still available on the website, although orders taken at the show might not update on there.

Incidentally, how many of these wagons would've traditionally been on a ballast train? Was there a set number in a rake or a range of lengths? And a plough van at either end?

I've seen them with 15 - 12 - 10 - 9. The longer rakes had two plough's and I did see a nine wagon set with one plough.

Rich,

On the shorter rakes, half the ballasts would be turned so that the hopper doors would discharge evenly. 5 left, 5 right etc. Plenty rakes ran single sided though,and I've seen up to 24 run in a rake, though it's not likely as a working movement. Possibly a stock rearragement.

P.s personally humbled by the positivity shown toward this project from such a dedicated community. Looking forward to meeting a few of ye tomorrow, to have the craic.

On the shorter rakes, half the ballasts would be turned so that the hopper doors would discharge evenly. 5 left, 5 right etc. Plenty rakes ran single sided though,and I've seen up to 24 run in a rake, though it's not likely as a working movement. Possibly a stock rearragement.

P.s personally humbled by the positivity shown toward this project from such a dedicated community.

Not sure I can afford the 24, Richie!:D

Order placed for a dozen:-bd

Just a footnote to what's already been said already and that is a massive thank you for all the positive feedback, enthusiasm, well wishes and support for the project that we got on the stand yesterday as well as orders that were lodged! It was great to meet and chat with so many forum members too about the site and the wagon project! Won't be there today myself but Patrick, Stephen and Richie will be on hand to talk about all things Irish Railway Models and the forum too. :)

I think what really sets Irish railway models apart is that because the company is intertwined with the forum so ye know what the majority of the Irish market want. i wish this company the very best. With such a promising start and fantastic support from everyone here. I'd say the orders are filled by the sounds of it! After the ballast wagon and the cement bubble,what else is planned?

Edited by GSR 800

Would there be a pick-up option for any orders a show in the North ?

Yes - certainly once we have the models in hand, we'll be doing our best to hand deliver via shows as much as possible to keep the costs down for everyone :)

The Stand looked well to day, thanks to all those who popped by to say hello and drop in a deposit :) You can place orders / deposits on the website - http://irishrailwaymodels.com - which based on the last few days, would be strongly advised to avoid disappointment!

2015-10-25 14.14.25.jpg

I met Fran and Patrick at the show yesterday and have ordered 12 myself.

Great to see such a positive response

to the ballast wagons.

Yours and mine going to be gypsums, I know that

Just a little example from youtube to encourage everyone to order 5 sets each!!!

I'm planning to win the fifth set;)

Trouble is, if I don't, what to do :confused:

Some ballasts would be nice too, but big investment all at once…..:trains:

Edited by DiveController