MRSI Dublin Show - October 29-31st 2022

Rate this topic

Blaine

image.thumb.png.27ffdd7b485a1f576838eb16b21794b1.png

The Model Railway Society of Ireland are proceeding with our plans to host our Bi-Annual Model Railway and Hobbies Exhibition, so save the dates for 2022!

Venue:
Saint Paul's College,
Sybil Hill,
Raheny,
Dublin 5
D05 C673

Date:
October 29th, 30th and 31st 2022. (Sat. Sun. Mon.)

We are closely monitoring current Government restrictions and will comply with all instructions issued by them, but for now we are planning to go ahead in October 2022

All Show information etc is HERE - https://www.modelrailways.ie/events/exhibition-2022
Edited by Blaine
  • Like 11
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

On 27/11/2021 at 11:36 AM, Irishrailwayman said:

How will the St Paul's College venue fit in with the likely covid situation I wonder?

It's still 11 months away so hard to predict what the likely situation will be just now? I'm sure the MRSI will be able to adjust their plans in order to comply with any measures that might be required, though.

• Like 4

I think that we can only plan things now - I'm currently planning a holiday for some friends here, for next June. They live in the States. I just told them to check out getting holiday cancellation insurance, just as I would if I was planning to go to America. So for model exhibitions, I think it's sensible to plan them as normal - but have a plan "B"!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 26/11/2021 at 10:29 AM, Bob229 said:

Like the Driver figure and superb weathering 

It really is incredible. I had to look several times because I thought it was a pic of a real one. I could be wrong but it looks like there’s even some stone chips on the front. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 4 months later...

image.thumb.png.a6c9820924fdc9225405bbb9f29bbeee.png

Anyone else spot our sneaky promoting in Inchicore recently?

Interest in Model Railways in Ireland has never been better, and planning is now well under way for October, with massive interest from both Layouts and Trade alike, the old favourites along with few newcomers.

Just over 5 months to go

• Like 5
  • Funny 1

On 29/11/2021 at 3:19 PM, Garfield said:

It's still 11 months away so hard to predict what the likely situation will be just now? I'm sure the MRSI will be able to adjust their plans in order to comply with any measures that might be required, though.

The best measure is for each attendee to purchase three antigen tests and four IRM locos…..

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

13 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Which locos, though? The IRM 071's or their GSR 800 Class?

Ah, if it’s the 800 class you must buy seven, plus three of their 500 class and twelve of their NCC “Jeeps”.

On 11/5/2022 at 10:19 AM, Blaine said:

image.thumb.png.a6c9820924fdc9225405bbb9f29bbeee.png

Anyone else spot our sneaky promoting in Inchicore recently?

I thought that was a new nameplate. I was looking forward to seeing it on the wall of a Chicago bar in six months’ time……

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, jhb171achill said:

I thought that was a new nameplate. I was looking forward to seeing it on the wall of a Chicago bar in six months’ time……

Ran out of time in New York recently before I could have a closer look at a well known example.... 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Getting back to this year's exhibition calendar.

Richard McLachlan and I are looking forward to "Raheny" at the end of October. It'll be light relief after a three month Interrail ticket! (actually, Richard was only on a two month one).

Nothing new for you, but I'm building up stock in preparation for the event.

Now, I can try and second guess what folk will buy, but it makes sense to ASK in advance, then I can get "My Man" (who is just out of hospital!!!!) to make the kits people want.

So, if you want particular kits, I'll try and make sure I have enough.

Please either e-mail me at

lesliemcallister@aol.com

or PM me.

The list of wants is already growing .........

Thanks, Leslie

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, airfixfan said:

Typically Translink.have chosen that weekend for line closures between Belfast and Dublin! Bus not train!

Its traditional almost that there is engineering work taking place all around the network on the October Bank Holiday weekend, been the same for years. The motorcar has never been more practical

• Like 1

Railway engineering works seem to occur on long weekends which is very annoying. If they got the works done correctly in the first place it wouldn't be necessary to be closing the service at holiday weekends, anyway, the Sligo train is so slow it feels like there's engineering works on that line 363 days of the year.

Just three weeks and four days* 'til IRM announce loads of new releases

*Equivalent to 25 sleeps!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hot off the press:
From Murphy models 

1. He is showing pre-production samples of Class141/181 locos this week-end at the MRSI show. There will be 1 new fleet number in each of the four liveries (CIE, Supertrain, IR, IE) in both loco types.  There will be a number of improvements, including the fitting of a speaker. He will forward photos of all versions next week.  No guidance on price due to the volatility of currency markets.  

1. Also at the show he will have examples of the Mark2d coach in IR livery. As before, there will be 1st., standard, composite, restaurant and egv. Photos to follow. There will be a new bogie to conform with the prototype and will facilitate 21mm conversions.
  • Like 8
  • WOW! 4

6 hours ago, WRENNEIRE said:

Hot off the press:
From Murphy models 

1. He is showing pre-production samples of Class141/181 locos this week-end at the MRSI show. There will be 1 new fleet number in each of the four liveries (CIE, Supertrain, IR, IE) in both loco types.  There will be a number of improvements, including the fitting of a speaker. He will forward photos of all versions next week.  No guidance on price due to the volatility of currency markets.  

1. Also at the show he will have examples of the Mark2d coach in IR livery. As before, there will be 1st., standard, composite, restaurant and egv. Photos to follow. There will be a new bogie to conform with the prototype and will facilitate 21mm conversions.

Great news, especially for newcomers who are paying silly money for baby GMs. I have all 9 of the ones appropriate to my era but I strongly suspect I will be unable to resist taking one each of the new release in IR & IE, boosting my baby GM fleet by almost 50%!

That the new bogies will be 21mm friendly and scale width is most welcome. I wonder could PM be persuaded to release the bogies on their own as an upgrade to the Cravens and previously released mk2 stock...If anybody is going to be talking to PM at the show, perhaps they could ask?

• Like 3
  • Agree 2