MRSI Dublin Show - October 29-31st 2022

Rate this topic

Blaine

6 hours ago, WRENNEIRE said:

Hot off the press:
From Murphy models 

1. He is showing pre-production samples of Class141/181 locos this week-end at the MRSI show. There will be 1 new fleet number in each of the four liveries (CIE, Supertrain, IR, IE) in both loco types.  There will be a number of improvements, including the fitting of a speaker. He will forward photos of all versions next week.  No guidance on price due to the volatility of currency markets.  

1. Also at the show he will have examples of the Mark2d coach in IR livery. As before, there will be 1st., standard, composite, restaurant and egv. Photos to follow. There will be a new bogie to conform with the prototype and will facilitate 21mm conversions.

EBay scalpers a sweating as we speak! 

• Funny 3

12 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

One assumes the new ones won’t be ‘silly money’. They are made by bachmann after all 

I honestly have no idea what Bachmann or any other GB outline retailer charges for stuff as I only collect Irish outline. If they cost silly money I will have to leave them for someone else to buy. Rule 0 (the wife is always right) would come into play 😉

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

46 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Great news, especially for newcomers who are paying silly money for baby GMs. I have all 9 of the ones appropriate to my era but I strongly suspect I will be unable to resist taking one each of the new release in IR & IE, boosting my baby GM fleet by almost 50%!

Absolutely - I'm not going to lie: I did a little dance when I saw that. Been looking at the prices some of these were fetching on eBay and had given up ever getting my hands on one. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, WRENNEIRE said:

Hot off the press:
From Murphy models 

1. He is showing pre-production samples of Class141/181 locos this week-end at the MRSI show. There will be 1 new fleet number in each of the four liveries (CIE, Supertrain, IR, IE) in both loco types.  There will be a number of improvements, including the fitting of a speaker. He will forward photos of all versions next week.  No guidance on price due to the volatility of currency markets.  

1. Also at the show he will have examples of the Mark2d coach in IR livery. As before, there will be 1st., standard, composite, restaurant and egv. Photos to follow. There will be a new bogie to conform with the prototype and will facilitate 21mm conversions.

Ha!

You and your never again!

Would you like ketchup with that hat?

😂

Being serious, though, this is awesome news! Thank you for letting everybody know, and presumably, you had a hand in guiding the behind the scenes decisions!

Sounds like there will be eight locos launched in total, a 141 and a 181, in each of the four main liveries?

And the scalpers like @Look-its-evan will be frothing at the mouths, not sweating!

Edited by DJ Dangerous
  • Funny 1

Just back from Dublin Port, T10 to be exact
Some really bad news people
Chris Dyer has had his van seized by customs because of some i not dotted and a really horrible female customs official
No problem with UK customs coming over
As a result he will be returning to the UK in the morning and therefore will not be in a position to attend the show
He hopes to return in December so if anyone was looking for anything in particular talk to me over the weekend and I will pass on your requirements
I may have a few of his  bits at the show but nothing like we hoped to have
God bless Brexit

• Thanks 1
  • Informative 3
  • Angry 7

7 hours ago, WRENNEIRE said:

..... a really horrible female customs official....

Sounds like she was having a bad day.

Wonder if Chris might have escaped attention if he'd come in via the North and crossed the border by road.......

Edited by Horsetan

Ah that's a real shame. Chris is exactly the type of trader whose life was made so easy by being in the single market and customs union. A van load of mixed new and used stock is going to be difficult to manage paperwork wise. Even if you could be sure everything was properly accounted for, the time required to do so is time you're not being paid for. 

• Agree 3

That is unfortunate news, it's unfair to blame the customs official as someone who works in the business what one usually finds is someone somewhere has got something wrong a description a code etc as customs have said they have a system and people need to work too that system, instead of blaming the official perhaps they should aim their ire at the geniuses who thought leaving the customs union and single market was a good idea in a bid to improve trade .

Edited by flange lubricator
  • Like 3
  • Agree 3

Sounds like the error was very small. Chris deals with new and used, but also with re-paints - and the re-paints themselves come under two categories - his re-paints for sale, plus jobs that have been sent to him by clients for re-painting. Not saying that a re-paint was the problem, just that there must be so many very small distinctions, almost impossible to tell apart, that it must be difficult to cross every "t" and dot every "i" correctly at times since BrExit. Sad that he won't be at the show.

2 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Sounds like the error was very small. Chris deals with new and used, but also with re-paints - and the re-paints themselves come under two categories - his re-paints for sale, plus jobs that have been sent to him by clients for re-painting. Not saying that a re-paint was the problem, just that there must be so many very small distinctions, almost impossible to tell apart, that it must be difficult to cross every "t" and dot every "i" correctly at times since BrExit. Sad that he won't be at the show.

No need to speculate, damage is done. He had invested quite a lot of money for this weekend too - and nothing to do with toy trains either. All paperwork

• Like 4

12 hours ago, WRENNEIRE said:

Just back from Dublin Port, T10 to be exact
Some really bad news people
Chris Dyer has had his van seized by customs because of some i not dotted and a really horrible female customs official
No problem with UK customs coming over
As a result he will be returning to the UK in the morning and therefore will not be in a position to attend the show
He hopes to return in December so if anyone was looking for anything in particular talk to me over the weekend and I will pass on your requirements
I may have a few of his  bits at the show but nothing like we hoped to have
God bless Brexit

Sorry to hear. It's not the poor customs lady's fault that brexit happened the way it did, she's just an employee following the law and the rules of the post brexit era. I'm sure Chris will figure out what paperwork is needed in future. It is a mess losing the freedom of seamless movement of goods and services between the UK and EU. I haven't bought anything from the likes of Peters Spares, Rail Match, Dapol,  nor Rails for 2 years, switched to German retailers, only Hattons because they are set up for DDP so their parcels arrive here with no customs issues nor delays. Another brexit dividend for the hobby :( Not long back from brexitistan myself.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Horsetan said:

This is Ireland. Smuggling was quite an industry and sure people haven't forgotten the old *kof*"skills"*kof*

I was talking to a fella who would often come home from the UK via Northern Ireland and drove the backroad out as far as Dromod and enniskillen to get down to cork undisturbed back in the days when that skill was *kof* practiced by many *kof*

• Funny 1

18 hours ago, Horsetan said:

This is Ireland. Smuggling was quite an industry and sure people haven't forgotten the old *kof*"skills"*kof*

Luck was required as well as skill. On one occasion c 1950 the crew of an SLNC train were prevailed upon to hide a bale of suiting fabric (worth 4 figures in 2022 prices) in the coal bunker before leaving Enniskillen at 7:20 pm. They were spotted doing so, and on arrival at Glenfarne the duly informed Eire customs men walked briskly past the passengers in coach 9 and headed straight for the loco. The crew quickly delved into the bunker and consigned the bale into the firebox. The reaction of the fabric’s owner is not recorded. 

Edited by Galteemore
  • Informative 1
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, Westcorkrailway said:

I must say it was comical seeing lads go to the show, buy the discounted wagons and leave. I arrived at 11 and multiple people had already stocked themselves with wagons and left….at 11 on the dot! 

They were only there for one thing, and it wasn't the show. Now watch eBay to see the wagons reappear at four to six times the show price.

25 minutes ago, The Derry Road said:

Hi all, seems to had been a good exhibition, is anyone posting any pictures or videos of layouts etc?

Thanks in anticipation TDR

Working on that as we speak, the quality is processing, it will be in 4k later. 

Edited by Nick
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, The Derry Road said:

Nick thank you for showing, nice variety of layouts and stands TDR

1 minute ago, murphaph said:

Thanks a lot Nick. Much appreciated.

No problem! A video is good and all, if you haven't visited yet, it's always better in person and I'd certainly recommend a visit over this bank holiday weekend.