Getting Impatient.....!!

Rate this topic

Patrick Davey

Well, I believe that we're due an IRM announcement early this month and another late this month or early next month, so you're not the only itchy one!

On 4/3/2022 at 12:46 PM, BosKonay said:

If it helps with planning we have a small announcement in the next few weeks,, then something in April, something powered in late April/ Early May, something else in June, something else in July, and August and September and October (also powered) :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Davey said:

Just thinking here....as the A classes are more than likely going to sell out completely......

Surely it's about time for another major announcement from IRM?

:jazz:

I suspect it we will be waiting till at least September/October till we get a new loco announcement layed on us…….it’s a shame it seems like murphy’s 201’s won’t be here in time to fill in the gaps 

9 hours ago, Noel said:

I am content 😇 

Seriously perhaps give IRM a break from business enterprise, its hard work.

Still hopeful Parkroyals with opening doors, lights, and DCC brake sounds are in the pipeline

As in they should cancel everything that they have ready to announce this year, or they should make no announcements next year for the following year?

😂

8 hours ago, Westcorkrailway said:

I suspect it we will be waiting till at least September/October till we get a new loco announcement layed on us…….it’s a shame it seems like murphy’s 201’s won’t be here in time to fill in the gaps 

Steady on, Mr. Rich Man!

Our pockets will be emptied one way or another, don't worry.

🤣

Edited by DJ Dangerous
Added smilies!

It's likely that I.R.M. could have announced their next models years ago, however, it's far better that items are in an advanced state of production so when a new model is revealed it is accompanied by pictures of pre-production/engineering samples. Far better that way than in the past when we had to wait 3-4 years from announcement to the actual model appearing on the shelves. I've always found that waiting period very annoying so when the announcements do come there will be a much shorter lead-in time for them appearing on the shelves.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

10 minutes ago, connollystn said:

It's likely that I.R.M. could have announced their next models years ago, however, it's far better that items are in an advanced state of production so when a new model is revealed it is accompanied by pictures of pre-production/engineering samples. Far better that way than in the past when we had to wait 3-4 years from announcement to the actual model appearing on the shelves. I've always found that waiting period very annoying so when the announcements do come there will be a much shorter lead-in time for them appearing on the shelves.

Exactly this. We only announce with samples now, as seen with the Mark 2 coaches and Magnesite wagons. 

Look out for decoration samples for both of those very soon.

• Like 3
  • Informative 1

9 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:
10 hours ago, Noel said:

I am content 😇 

Seriously perhaps give IRM a break from business enterprise, its hard work.

Still hopeful Parkroyals with opening doors, lights, and DCC brake sounds are in the pipeline

As in they should cancel everything that they have ready to announce this year, or they should make no announcements next year for the following year?

😂

😑 Eh No as simply stated above, I am simply content with the models I already have, so very happy to wait for the fullness of time to reveal anything new that may be of interest. Never have Irish modellers had it so good, and abundance of models, the glass is not half full, its completely overflowing at this stage. :) Two pals just back from a months break in your lovely neck of the woods out there in the ocean.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BosKonay said:

Good things come to those that wait :)

we have more powered items more coaches more wagons and more all this year. All of which are in advanced development and several in tooling already. 

is that confirmation on the IRM GM and Toothpaste range so? 🤑

"POWERED ITEMS"

Edited by Sean
POWERED ITEMS
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, WRENNEIRE said:

I reckon the troubles in the Ukraine will not help
Planes to Europe fly over them
Trains to Europe travel through them
Slow boat from China.......

Correct. The train we used for the As (which ended up taking longer than the boat in the end due to the messing in Belarus ahead of this carry on in Ukraine, rail strikes and scheduling) is no longer an option really. Boat is only way for now with air still absolutely off the wall price wise. 

We have great fun day to day in IRM HQ! :)

• Like 7

Personally I'm not expecting I.R.M. to produce anything to run with my silver and black Crossley's 'til next year at the earliest. I'm extremely happy with my As and get lots of enjoyment even though I run them light engine. Eventually, stock will be produced to operate with my Crossley As and I look forward to that day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, connollystn said:

Personally I'm not expecting I.R.M. to produce anything to run with my silver and black Crossley's 'til next year at the earliest. I'm extremely happy with my As and get lots of enjoyment even though I run them light engine. Eventually, stock will be produced to operate with my Crossley As and I look forward to that day.

If you take a trip down to Wexford this weekend, Lorna McDonald will sell you my kits of H vans, corrugated opens and a nice old GSWR brake van to hang on the back, even some flats and containers which just about make the "Black"era.

If you  think they're hard to make, ask Robert Roche, who is certain to be there - he's made enough of them! I even persuaded Noel, famed of this Parish, that they were worth having a go with!

More fun than light engines, although I must say I applaud your good taste in your choice of liveries, the Silver A is splendid (for a diesel!) and I was very tempted by the black one!

• Like 4

16 hours ago, BosKonay said:

Good things come to those that wait :)

we have more powered items more coaches more wagons and more all this year. All of which are in advanced development and several in tooling already. 

"...powered items...." this suggests a railcar to me........ hopefully the prototype will have been of BREL origin......

5 hours ago, leslie10646 said:

If you take a trip down to Wexford this weekend, Lorna McDonald will sell you my kits of H vans, corrugated opens and a nice old GSWR brake van to hang on the back, even some flats and containers which just about make the "Black"era.

If you  think they're hard to make, ask Robert Roche, who is certain to be there - he's made enough of them! I even persuaded Noel, famed of this Parish, that they were worth having a go with!

Yes indeed Leslie and most enjoyable to assemble and decorate they were too. It took a while for me to warm to resin kits, but glad I did in the end, and yes they are easy to make. I'll be needing some H-Vans soon, you were out of stock last time

Provincial Wagons kits

IMG_6320.jpg

IMG_6011.JPG

IMG_6320.jpg

IMG_6379.JPG

PW_DoubleBeet.jpg

PW_Bulleid_kit2.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • WOW! 1

Thanks for the advertorial, Noel.

The "builds" are all great, but i think that the GSWR brake takes the prize? I think it was Michael's Magnum Opus - a delightful reproduction of a piece of antiquity!

Lorna will have some kits of it to sell at Wexford, never fear! And those opens - you've made a great job of "weathering' it!

Needless to say H Vans as well.

Leslie

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2022 at 9:44 AM, Noel said:

😑 Eh No as simply stated above, I am simply content with the models I already have, so very happy to wait for the fullness of time to reveal anything new that may be of interest. Never have Irish modellers had it so good, and abundance of models, the glass is not half full, its completely overflowing at this stage. :) Two pals just back from a months break in your lovely neck of the woods out there in the ocean.

My point was that, as per the post that I quoted, it sounds like IRM have a load of announcements all ready to go, so content or not, we are gonna be spoiled again this year.

Been a bit of a wierd winter down here, milder than usual but also more changeable than usual. 28 degrees at midnight on Sunday night and only 14 degrees at the same time the next night. Hope your friends made the most of it either way!

going by what irm has done with accruscale and the way things have been produced i wonder will we see the first ever real rtr  irish steam loco this year and i firmly believe the 80 class has to be a contender with the mk2b carraiges now done

• Like 1