A First Look At Our IR and IE Mark 2 Coaches

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Merry Christmas from the IRM team! It's been another exciting year for us (which we will detail in our review of the year next week) and we hope you are all settling down to have an excellent and relaxing festive season with your family, friends, and of course playing trains too!

However, we couldn't let Christmas pass without bringing some more cheer, so we are offering a first look at decorated samples of our lovely IR and IE Mark 2C coaches.

These beauties were announced at the Dublin show in October and decorated samples arrived with us last week for inspection. As you can see, they're shaping up very nicely indeed.

MK2_IC4104_01_600x600.jpg?v=1671875594

MK2_IC4104_05_600x600.jpg?v=1671875566

MK2_IC4104_04_600x600.jpg?v=1671875672

MK2_IC4104_03_600x600.jpg?v=1671875657

MK2_IC4105_02_600x600.jpg?v=1671875573

MK2_IC4105_04_600x600.jpg?v=1671875760

MK2_IC4105_05_600x600.jpg?v=1671875763

With an amazing spec of highly detailed interiors, interior lighting, correctly gauged bogies, a wealth of separately applied parts, realistic close coupling and more, these will be the perfect passenger stock for your layout. They have also been hugely popular on pre-order, so if you fancy some, make sure you get your order in soon. 

Delivery is slated for Q3 2023 and you can pre-order right here!

View the full article

• Like 10
  • WOW! 6

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone,

Hot on the heels of our NIR Mark 2 coaches arriving in stock, the factory has sent us the production samples of our IR and IE Mark 2b and Mark 2c coaches for us to assess. We thought we'd give you a wee teaser look and fill it with plenty of atmosphere while we were at it...

IMG_7598.thumb.jpg.63f64eef82fb23a1947a3008adb273c2.jpg

Look out for a full update including delivery schedule in the coming weeks, but these aren't too far away now.

Get your pre-order in while you still can: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/mark-2-coaches/availability_pre-order

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 7
  • WOW! 4

21 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Creep!

😂😂😂

Wait, are they the models or the real life coaches in the pic?

Brilliant DJ, only you would Get away with it😆😆 and lads these coaches look absolutely stunning as well.👍

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Has any thought been given to the possibility of selling the wider bogies and lighting kits as IRM / Accurascale accessory packs?

Four bogies as one accessory pack and two lighting kits as a seperate pack, maybe?

Would be lovely to be able to upgrade the older Bachmann Mk2A's to run with these.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, ttc0169 said:

Lovely looking models and having the correct style of lighting is a bonus,

Badly needs an EGV to complete the correct formation…..😜😜

Wasn't it a  Dutch Van

3 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Has any thought been given to the possibility of selling the wider bogies and lighting kits as IRM / Accurascale accessory packs?

Four bogies as one accessory pack and two lighting kits as a seperate pack, maybe?

Would be lovely to be able to upgrade the older Bachmann Mk2A's to run with these.

Absolutely, while perhaps not to the same standard those Mk2As are essential to completing a prototypical rake.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Ironroad said:

Wasn't it a  Dutch Van

Absolutely, while perhaps not to the same standard those Mk2As are essential to completing a prototypical rake.

Yes-former Dutch SHVs converted to EGVs-4601,4602 & 4603. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Aren't the Bachmann / Murphy mounting points supposed to be a bit different to the IRM ones? Not sure a direct swap is possible. 

1 hour ago, Horsetan said:

Aren't the Bachmann / Murphy mounting points supposed to be a bit different to the IRM ones? Not sure a direct swap is possible. 

Well, I know of somebody who has some of MY coaches to play around with, so maybe we'll find out how interchangeable the bogies really are in time...

1 hour ago, John-r said:

Very handy formation guide, one question though, what's the little carriage behind the locos and sometimes at the rear 🤔😏. Fantastic looking coaches lads,great work.👍

Dutch van soon hopefully. 😁

That’s the EGV-essential for providing lighting and heating to the set. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Brilliant and using the formation guide just shows the marketing ploy for the gen brake, I look forward to buying 2 of these, bound to happen as I was about to add some white lines on a model tomorrow, having gained a free day. 

I suspect the high spec model will come with a sound facility built in even on DC and perhaps a wand switched taillamps - plug in accessory , but DCC version will have guards conversations, door slams and gen start up stuff. Now for a smoke unit!! - that can be retro into the new NIR stock and the soon to be announced MK1 EGV sets .....  April announcement dates I guess.

Robert     

• Like 1

According to the GLS parcel tracking, the RPSI set I ordered has made it to Britain, but then the trail goes a bit cold.

I have a Parcelforce track number which claims the parcel was subjected to an attempted delivery on Valentine's Day, and then left at the local post office. My friend and I went to that post office today, only to be told that the parcel was not there!!

Hope it hasn't been stolen....

• WOW! 1