IRM Announcements.

Rate this topic

Fowler4f

Just now, BosKonay said:

There will also be an all-new tooling announcement at the Wexford show this weekend!

oh super, she gets to hold on to them now for the long weekend too. Cheers lads! 

... I jest of course (she's been holding on to them for a while now), very exciting few days in store! 😀

• Funny 3

21 minutes ago, Sean said:

Hey thats cheating!

are you saying that there are going to be TWO announcements? presumably that means this one will be a re run release or a new livery. still fingers crossed on a dutch van :D 

That's a load of Werspoorx!

6 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Yes folks, this is the "smaller" of the two announcements this week, but a fun one in itself.

Oh, and this one is "in stock" so ready to go from the warehouse!

The suspense is killing me! Only Smarties have the answer.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

7 minutes ago, Sean said:

be gas if they had the mk2's ready for dispatch and just forgot to tell anybody they arrived :D 

They've had them in stock about 18 months now. They came in the same container as the Laminates and Park Royals. They just enjoy teasing us, and every few months they draw sticks to decide which container to crack open.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

12 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

I think he was rambling about two more moaners, not two more announcements.

I meant two more buses...

19 minutes ago, GSR 800 said:

Broithe must have some serious dirt on the lads to be on the direct line..

I think I may be in the line of fire...

• Funny 1

2 minutes ago, Noel said:

Apologies but a little disappointed - a bus. No choo-choos? :( Still holding out hope for a park royal or laminate to IRM's stratospheric standards.

As Fran said, it's a little appetiser today, and the main course, new tooled something on Sunday at Wexford :) 😛 Yee of little patience ;)

12 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

As Fran said, it's a little appetiser today, and the main course, new tooled something on Sunday at Wexford :) 😛 Yee of little patience ;)

Thank you. Will look forward to that. Now a newly tooled GM 141 with stay-alive, a speaker, decoder hatch, proper light arrangements, see through grills and working windscreen wipers and I'll fall of my perch!!!! 🤣 Or, Park Royals with lighting, flush corridor connectors and opening doors. Or the holy grail!

57 minutes ago, GSR 800 said:

jaysus it was 1 day 18 hours earlier this morning

There was an announcement today at 11 :)

1 hour ago, Noel said:

Thank you. Will look forward to that. Now a newly tooled GM 141 with stay-alive, a speaker, decoder hatch, proper light arrangements, see through grills and working windscreen wipers and I'll fall of my perch!!!! 🤣 Or, Park Royals with lighting, flush corridor connectors and opening doors. Or the holy grail!

Paddy’s new 141’s are expected shortly. The irish market can barely support the two of us let alone duplication :) 

1 hour ago, BosKonay said:

There was an announcement today at 11 :)

Paddy’s new 141’s are expected shortly. The irish market can barely support the two of us let alone duplication :) 

The stock will fly off the shelves, one generates demand for the other.

The A classes perhaps need suitable coach stock to haul, the supply of MM locos is long exhausted and folks are wising up not to pay big money on ebay anymore. The Lima 201 ebay horror story is still in memories. The Baby GMs are ideal for today's layout sizes in folks homes, and on larger layouts can be double headed as they mostly ran in pairs.

When I returned to this hobby 9 years ago I would not have dreamed the abundance of Irish rolling stock that would and now has become available thanks to MM, MIR, IFM, PW, SF and now IRM taking on the baton with an ever increasing range. Hopefully AS won't absorb all the creative juices and energy. The A class was a massive major milestone, the 22k the next. Where will it all end Ted? We have never had it so good, only slight cloud for Irish modellers is the loss of cost effective access to GB suppliers thanks to brexit. Its no longer cost effective to order some parts from the likes of Peters Spares, and Eileen's emporium is closed anyway. Finding German substitute suppliers takes time and they are geared up more to support the higher spec European products who have been decades ahead of Bachmann and Hornby. It's astonishing that a relatively new Irish Company has taken the GB market by storm, raising the bar and having sales success. Superior German/Swiss levels of model engineering but at GB prices.

• Like 7

Now that the buzz has died down, I have to say that I'm disappointed with the moaners. Not surprised, just disappointed.

How hard would it be to say "Awesome stuff from IRM, doesn't fit my specific era or tastes, but great to see the underutilised MetroRider casting in a fresh livery, and as a double bubble, it runs well alongside two orange and black IR / IE eras"...

Or something to that effect.

Fair play to IRM, I don't even remember the bus, but it looks savage, and I had to order one or two.

Edited by DJ Dangerous
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 1

Including this weekends, we have 6 brand new toolings to announce between now and the October show. A little something for everyone across a wide range of eras. IRM is where we started and our focus is on growing to a steady flow of new toolings and reruns to meet market demand and hopefully continue growing the irish market in the UK and abroad too. 

Ultimately your support on the little things pays for the bigger things too and we never forget or take that support for granted.