IRM Announcements.

Rate this topic

Fowler4f

20 minutes ago, connollystn said:

Brilliant job with the weathering, takes the cheapy looking plastic appearance off it. Know I've said this before but I believe that capturing the overall character of a model is a lot more important that all of the fussy detailed separately applied parts but, that's just my opinion.

Well there are some people who don’t like the detail on the MM 201 never mind this one….which is somehere a good bit above Silverfox quality but severely lacks compares Murphy’s products  

46 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

We did say ‘in the next month’ but Frans been taken out by a nasty flu from Glasgow so we’ll do something next week hopefully. Sorry about that!

Poor aul' Fran.

Must be the cold weather.

I know a place...

Get well soon, Fran.

Whatever we have bestowed upon us, it'll be worth waiting for, no doubt.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Westcorkrailway said:

I got a slightly battered barley working lima 201 for 15 quid, It’s even weathered.So infairness there is still hope for those starting out to find a bargain ! 

175B3956-8E75-4346-81EA-D13183A07AAD.thumb.jpeg.ababc66529a5bbdb16fc56c1bcdeeba2.jpeg

To be fair the real 230 looks worse at the moment... 😁

• Like 2

20 hours ago, BosKonay said:

We did say ‘in the next month’ but Frans been taken out by a nasty flu from Glasgow so we’ll do something next week hopefully. Sorry about that!

There's some locally produced "medicine" you can get up here. Does not come with a fancy label or lots of EU stuff on the label. Come to think of it, it does not have a label. Anyway when you get some, you undo the top, put a lighted match to the top of the "medicine" bottle. If you get a nice blue flame you know you have some top quality "medicine". Not really sure how it works but when you imbibe some, your brain forgets that your body is sick.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

4 minutes ago, spudfan said:

There's some locally produced "medicine" you can get up here. Does not come with a fancy label or lots of EU stuff on the label. Come to think of it, it does not have a label. Anyway when you get some, you undo the top, put a lighted match to the top of the "medicine" bottle. If you get a nice blue flame you know you have some top quality "medicine". Not really sure how it works but when you imbibe some, your brain forgets that your body is sick.

I think I know that stuff, but to play it safe I tend to use a square bottle of brown liquid No 7 all the way from American, if I can't find either my Bushmills or my Blackbush medicines in time.

Roe & Co. whiskey is based in what was the old power building in the sprawling Guinness complex.

My dad told me that they used the the steam from the brewing process to generate electricity back in the day - a forerunner of todays modern combined heat & power plants?

Powers Johns Lane is a nice drop of 'medicine' too btw!

• Like 3

On 1/3/2023 at 11:33 AM, Colin R said:

I think I am getting my medicines mixed up Bushmills and Blackbush are from the same place, yet I am sure I used to have just as nice a whiskey from Dublin years ago. 

No, no, no, you MUSTN"T use Bush for mixing with honey and lemon (my fault, I spelt the generic word wrongly in my post from Erfurt). Use that Scottish apology for spirits, IRISH Whiskey is too good to mix up for medicine!

I'm back in Brexitland, and sitting patiently waiting for the announcement - hurry up because this seat's uncomfortable!

• Funny 2

4 minutes ago, leslie10646 said:

No, no, no, you MUSTN"T use Bush for mixing with honey and lemon (my fault, I spelt the generic word wrongly in my post from Erfurt). Use that Scottish apology for spirits, IRISH Whiskey is too good to mix up for medicine!

During a post-fire renovation of a local pub, I was tasked with remounting some pictures - amongst them was a mirror identical to this.

I was struck by the spelling.

Paddy Old Irish Whiskey Bar Sign Mirror

• Like 1