IRM Announcements.

Rate this topic

Fowler4f

1 hour ago, DJ Dangerous said:

.....possible that the lads can't focus on work because they're too distracted and laughing hysterically at this thread, like that Beecham's Hot Lemon cop.

My sentiments exactly. I'd say that they've been sitting on that 'major' announcement since January last and they're laughing among themselves as to which one of them will press the send button. In all probability we won't know until about a minute to midnight tomorrow (28th inst).

• Funny 1

8 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

Seriously where does this stuff come from! 

im sure to a few people this is even better then any new announcement 

In this case, our old UK facility, we cleared out, shifted over a pallet of bits and found stock they'd miscounted :) Win Win :)

Some nice older wagon stock, previously long sold out too

https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/wagons/availability_in-stock?sort_by=created-ascending

4 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

In this case, our old UK facility, we cleared out, shifted over a pallet of bits and found stock they'd miscounted :) Win Win :)

Not the news I was expecting but there'll be some people who'll be delighted especially as they're not being sold for the mad prices the you see on a certain auction site.

Just one sleep to go..........

Amazing news!

Those original B&I Liners, CIE Liners, Spoils etc will be great for anybody who missed out first time around.

And 036 and the 201's are a gift at those prices, for anybody who's been trying to break into the hobby but has been kept out by loco prices. No pun intended.

Fair play for releasing them as you have!!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/wagons/availability_in-stock?sort_by=created-ascending

Making room for the stuff on the way/yet to announce 😁

Mmmmmh I really want one of those plough vans! But I’ll have to wait this time 

15 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

Thanks Stephen, just saved 100 on a yellow faced 201.. Just missed out on the full yellow front Enterprise 201 though.. The guy I was in touch with about buying a 201 for €250-€275 is probably wondering what he did wrong right about now!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, B141 said:

Very glad to have gotten plough van 24852 (the one at Downpatrick), will look great behind the G class you’re surely about to announce 🤞

I think it will be another while before we get a G class (though it hasn’t been ruled out). Perhaps keeping an eye for for a silverfox one would be ideal….the silverfox ones are not even that bad!

25 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

I think it will be another while before we get a G class (though it hasn’t been ruled out). Perhaps keeping an eye for for a silverfox one would be ideal….the silverfox ones are not even that bad!

However, almost without a single exception, the liveries they come in are wrong either in substantial detail, or in their entirety (e.g. a green G611 class. (The green livery on G611 at DCDR is entirely wrong in all aspects, yet many modellers have imitated this).

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Two distinct possibilities.

The first and most obvious is:

The second is that "IN" The next month meant inside the next typical calendar month of 30 / 31 days.

Also possible that the lads can't focus on work because they're too distracted and laughing hysterically at this thread, like that Beecham's Hot Lemon cop.

"This year's first major IRM announcement is in the next month. "

Certainly carefully worded, perfectly ambiguous as to its exact meaning and has certainly drummed up plenty of hype...

• Agree 2

17 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Very coincidental! Haven’t seen one of these pop up in a while. Perfect example of what @jhb171achill was on about. I’d convert it to G613 in black alla the DCDR as it’s easy enough to do. Infact you could ask silverfox for some the decals 

for that particular one I’d probobly also try for a lower price. Maybe 70-80 quid?

Edited by Westcorkrailway

9 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

Very coincidental! Haven’t seen one of these pop up in a while. Perfect example of what @jhb171achill was on about. I’d convert it to G613 in black alla the DCDR as it’s easy enough to do. Infact you could ask silverfox for some the decals 

You're better getting the decals from Railtec - Silverfox invariably use whote decals on CIE green - which is wrong.

For those interested, the livery of that advertised model is wrong in 101% of its ways:

1.  Wrong green. Silverfox tend to use a UTA-type green or a pre-1955 darker CIE green for diesel locos and coaches likely to be painted after that date.

2. Black roof. Correct for carriages and railcars, but not "G" class locos.

3. Black chassis: wrong for a green "G".

4. Markings: NO "G", in any livery, ever carried any flying snail logo anywhere. The only three "G"s ever to be green were G601-3, and they were green all over - roof, chassis, the lot; and with a large number on the cabside and end. No "snail".

The type of "G" that Silverfox offer was ONLY ever either black & white, or black, tan and white. Never anything else. Only the early trio (delivered in silver) became green, and then black. And they weren't vac fitted, so can only be used for shunting. They never went near Foynes, or Loughrea, for example.

31 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

LOL, 1700h hometime ended thirty years ago. Nowadays we work 24/7, retire at 68, enjoy our trains for a year or two, then die from burnout after working too much for too long.

I hear that some guys on here work unsociable hours, IRM's next major announcement could happen in the middle of the night.

ACB08A7C-7C44-4270-9E67-49B7CE8ACCDC.thumb.jpeg.46cbb27ac3e493e20c8abec6f0c6a191.jpeg

Trying to keep calm until tomorrow’, so I’ve taken myself to Thuringen to forget about IRM announcements! I’ll be behind a 2-8-2 when the Balloon goes up!
Hope they announce everything on the suggestions listed in  the previous 7 pages of this thread.

Greetings from Meiningen.

Leslie

Edited by leslie10646
  • Like 6
  • WOW! 3