IRM Announcements.

Rate this topic

Fowler4f

1 hour ago, BosKonay said:

this years first major IRM announcement is in the next month. 

Hi Stephen, just want to let you know,if it gets to much to keep this announcement secret I live in the backwoods of Kerry (actually Tralee ) and meet no one, so I'll say naughtin to nobody, it's safe with me,just sayinq.😏 

1 hour ago, JasonB said:

That should be enough time for the whine brigade to get working on their list of complaints. 

They will always be there Jason I'm afraid.

• Funny 4

A few A class would be great.I would love 001 herself  in ST livery.The older green and black and tan were gone before I could get my Confirmation money out of the bank.I can see Park Royal coaches,Beet wagons,Cement wagons-curtain and metal side,and 20f skeletal in the sunny lit uplands of the future.🤔

Edited by enniscorthyman
  • Like 2

I was trying not to speculate on what it could be, but as hard as it is not to do so I would guess it is something which is on the network today, or may be the original DART sets? As much as I would love a steam loco I can't see that happening, could be the C class locos to follow on from the A's

🤔 

1 hour ago, Colin R said:

I was trying not to speculate on what it could be, but as hard as it is not to do so I would guess it is something which is on the network today, or may be the original DART sets? As much as I would love a steam loco I can't see that happening, could be the C class locos to follow on from the A's

🤔 

I believe the plan to release a steam loco was inadvertently announced a few months ago...........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Davey said:

I believe the plan to release a steam loco was inadvertently announced a few months ago...........

See's make some sense alright, but suspect some form of fitted wagon, or more coaching stock perhaps. Time will tell.

• Like 1

Would be a shame if IRM didn’t exploit their livery wizardry to the full on any new steam class - a range of grey J15s is hardly a challenge for them… a nice blue 4-4-0 with a portion of sale going into 171’s overhaul appeal could be timely with lots of collector appeal …

Edited by Galteemore
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Galteemore said:

Would be a shame if IRM didn’t exploit their livery wizardry to the full on any new steam class - a range of grey J15s is hardly a challenge for them… a nice blue 4-4-0 with a portion of sale going into 171’s overhaul appeal could be timely with lots of collector appeal …

Yip - a point I made when I started the 'Steam Speculation' thread 😂

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Galteemore said:

So just how many blue 4-4-0 can you have?

• Like 1

I whacked off a query regarding the forthcoming Deltic run of locos  and I got an instant response...it was after 1.00AM. Somehow I don't think customer service has been farmed out to a call centre yet! Oh, got another email response this morning. This crowd seem to be serious about what they do!!!

Edited by spudfan
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, spudfan said:

I whacked off a query regarding the forthcoming Deltic run of locos  and I got an instant response...it was after 1.00AM. Somehow I don't think customer service has been farmed out to a call centre yet! Oh, got another email response this morning. This crowd seem to be serious about what they do!!!

Closing time is 12:30 on a Saturday, they'd probably just managed to stagger home.

1960s freight stock, laminate coaches, maybe a B class. Ok so I'm dreaming 😉

On 28/1/2023 at 7:14 AM, enniscorthyman said:

A few A class would be great.I would love 001 herself  in ST livery.The older green and black and tan were gone before I could get my Confirmation money out of the bank.I can see Park Royal coaches,Beet wagons,Cement wagons-curtain and metal side,and 20f skeletal in the sunny lit uplands of the future.🤔

Give Chris Dyer Fairs an email, he has As in stock