IRM Announcements.

Rate this topic

Fowler4f

11 minutes ago, connollystn said:

With Accurascale launching their version of the BR class 66 it's certainly intriguing as to what IRM's new major announcement will be. For me, it's down to the 201(new) and the 071.

Surely a 201 would be the most likely, and with that, there's the excuse to do De Deitrich and mark 4 sets.

29000 class would be the other ones....have they a nickname?

They remind me of caterpillars...

• Like 2

Given the share size and scale of the mk2 portfolio(across both companies) along with the continual drip feed of new announcements coming from that project I think it is inevitable that we see an IRM dutch van showing up at some point in the mid to near future. the MM mk2a run is also out there so there would definitely be strong demand for such a product.

I would also expect the team to be JUST as tight lipped about such a thing as they were when we were all earlier crying out for the toothpaste mk2 to appear 🤣

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I wonder if the delay in announcing a new loco is all to do with the Flying Scotsman weekend?

You never know may be they are keeping it well guarded secret, but I wonder what would happen if they announced the production of GSR Class 800 steam loco along with some pullmans as an express train set 😗   

Edited by Colin R
  • Like 1

On 25/2/2023 at 8:22 AM, Colin R said:

I wonder if the delay in announcing a new loco is all to do with the Flying Scotsman weekend?

You never know may be they are keeping it well guarded secret, but I wonder what would happen if they announced the production of GSR Class 800 steam loco along with some pullmans as an express train set 😗   

Colin, now you're getting me figurin' out how to cash what's left of my meager savings.

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Fowler4f said:

t those prices I guess the market is ready for a run of new 071s, think they're most peoples' favourite locomotive.

Personally the baby GMs are my favourites. Stunning precision runners. A rerun of the 141/181s with the following improvements would be something as the body detail is good enough and the token snatchers are already better than the ones on newer 121s

1. Easy access decoder hatch
  2. Built-in speaker
  3. Headlights operable separately to the running lights
  4. Drivers in cab
  5. See right through loco vent grills (ie like 121) - nice to have not essential.
  6. Stay alive capacitor
Edited by Noel
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Noel said:

Personally the baby GMs are my favourites. Stunning precision runners. A rerun of the 141/181s with the following improvements would be something as the body detail is good enough and the token snatchers are already better than the ones on newer 121s

1. Easy access decoder hatch
  2. Built-in speaker
  3. Headlights operable separately to the running lights
  4. Drivers in cab
  5. See right through loco vent grills (ie like 121) - nice to have not essential.
  6. Stay alive capacitor

These were announced a few months back. Paddy had samples at the October show.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ironroad said:

We are headed for the 28th minute of the 28th hour of the 28th day of the 28th month

On 27/1/2023 at 7:14 PM, BosKonay said:

this years first major IRM announcement is in the next month. 

Two distinct possibilities.

The first and most obvious is:

internet-trolls-mental-disorder.jpg.6c6e2d9cdfbdae85490857a74a2a040f.jpg

The second is that "IN" The next month meant inside the next typical calendar month of 30 / 31 days.

Also possible that the lads can't focus on work because they're too distracted and laughing hysterically at this thread, like that Beecham's Hot Lemon cop.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2