IRM Announcements.

Rate this topic

Fowler4f

14 hours ago, Broithe said:

During a post-fire renovation of a local pub, I was tasked with remounting some pictures - amongst them was a mirror identical to this.

I was struck by the spelling.

Paddy Old Irish Whiskey Bar Sign Mirror

Probably up to the mid- 20th century, there was no Whisky/Whiskey spelling 'rule'. If you look at older advertisements, they flipped between one or other way of spelling.

Whiskey-3.png

• Like 1
  • Informative 2

1 hour ago, minister_for_hardship said:

Probably up to the mid- 20th century, there was no Whisky/Whiskey spelling 'rule'. If you look at older advertisements, they flipped between one or other way of spelling.

Yeah, I'm far too young to remember the start of the second half of the last century. PIMP

I do remember some things that have changed, like spelling the verb form of 'show' as 'shew' - that was regarded as a 'better form' in the posh parts of England, and people who worked for councils or solicitors, etc, would often be required to do it.

I have an early edition of The Last of the Mohicans and 'ankle' is spelt as 'ancle' all the way through.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

19 minutes ago, B141 said:

Sorry to be a bit blunt, but how are the Gs coming along? Will the 611s be available in green?

After the Dutch vans, 800 class, park royals and 2600 railcars 🤪

again, probobly quite a long time before we get as shunter. Silverfox has a rough G class and Hornby will (eventually) release the 88DS, technically another Irish shunter 

Edited by Westcorkrailway

Just now, B141 said:

G611 is currently green and G613 was green in the 1990s, so yes they were! 😉

Not in traffic. The DCDR livery on G611 is completely wrong, both for that class of loco, and also in that the green livery applied to the G601 types was not like that anyway. Equally, G613 was never green in traffic.

The seven of these things entered traffic in black, tan and white, with several later losing the tan bit and remaining black and white until withdrawal.

The original three (601 type) were silver, then green, then black & white (though never tan!).......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Westcorkrailway said:

again, probobly quite a long time before we get as shunter. Silverfox has a rough G class and Hornby will (eventually) release the 88DS, technically another Irish shunter 

The Worsley Works G611 has been around for about 20 years and with a little perseverance builds into a high quality model.

Better than waiting for years in expectation for IRM or MM to bring out a rtr version

http://www.worsleyworks.co.uk/Image-Pages/Image_4mm_Deutz.htm

http://www.worsleyworks.co.uk/Image-Pages/Image_4mm_Deutz-3.htm

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Mayner said:

The Worsley Works G611 has been around for about 20 years and with a little perseverance builds into a high quality model.

Better than waiting for years in expectation for IRM or MM to bring out a rtr version

http://www.worsleyworks.co.uk/Image-Pages/Image_4mm_Deutz.htm

http://www.worsleyworks.co.uk/Image-Pages/Image_4mm_Deutz-3.htm

Was discussing the G class with Silverfox recently - I think he said he wasn't doing any more of them, so this seems the best option indeed - unless someone else 3D prints one?

58 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

Todays video is indeed UK outline. 

We do have multiple things unannounced yet for IRM too in the chamber and are slowly getting built up to a steady release programme so never fear, you may be asking us to slow down soon enough :) 

Looking for cryptic clues in that post...

Chamber... You're not branching out into handguns, are you?

Multiple... A 2600?

Asking you to slow down... A 1995 TGV?

Slowly buliding up... Has to be an old steam engine!

• Funny 3

3 hours ago, BosKonay said:

I will confirm that this year we will, in addition to the mk2, ICR and other items announced and coming, launch a whole new range of coaches, wagons, units and locomotives :)

That gives us something to go on, or does it? 

Stephen

1 hour ago, Gabhal Luimnigh said:

This is getting too long and drawn out methinks 😴

To be fair, we're not exactly stoking the froth :) :) When there is something to announce, we'll announce it :) Suffice to say there are many things underway and we'll share them at the right time.

1 hour ago, Gabhal Luimnigh said:

This is getting too long and drawn out methinks 😴

That’s what happens when the hype train leaves the station too soon! 

however bad he think it is now, during Covid and with the A class Due I remember an drought of announcements unlike what we’re spoilt with at IRM. 

The great thing about a drought on announcements for me is to focus on conversions and home brew projects. Like those BR mark 1s in CIE green which I made for a few people. 

• Like 4

In fairness to @BosKonay, he's never actually trolled us. Forum members are the ones just itching for a hint of an announcement, and all he does is try calm us down with a "don't worry, we have new ranges due" type message every few months.

I guarantee that whatever is announced, it'll be worth the wait, it'll be generally well-received, there'll be a small camp who might buy one coach or one wagon who then moan that they want something else announced straight away, and another small camp who'll moan because it's not something different.

Plus, has anybody actually paid off their Mk2 coaches and ICRs yet? I know that I haven't!

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

DJ makes a fair point, I am still working on paying off for my ICRs and I want to place an order for more sets. I am no in panic for an announcement at the moment. If one comes, I will not complain, it will make me scratch my head for a minute as planning for whatever it is.

Course it does not help that Accurascale have a couple of more items announced that I am like God dang it, lol. A class 50 and a 66 would be sweet. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, mmie353 said:

DJ makes a fair point, I am still working on paying off for my ICRs and I want to place an order for more sets. I am no in panic for an announcement at the moment. If one comes, I will not complain, it will make me scratch my head for a minute as planning for whatever it is.

Course it does not help that Accurascale have a couple of more items announced that I am like God dang it, lol. A class 50 and a 66 would be sweet. 

No need to scratch the head much. You were blessed with two kidneys, two lungs, two testicles etc, so financing more models shouldn't be a problem.

• Funny 2