IRM Announcements.

Rate this topic

Fowler4f

On 26/4/2023 at 8:40 PM, BosKonay said:

Including this weekends, we have 6 brand new toolings to announce between now and the October show. A little something for everyone across a wide range of eras. IRM is where we started and our focus is on growing to a steady flow of new toolings and reruns to meet market demand and hopefully continue growing the irish market in the UK and abroad too. 

Ultimately your support on the little things pays for the bigger things too and we never forget or take that support for granted. 

And we, the mouth breathing, drooling, low IQ frothers should in turn should never take IRM for granted. It's easy to forget that without the explosive arrival of the Accurascale side, a lot of what we have seen so far from IRM may have been a lot less feasable, if not impossible.

Duuuuun dun.

Duuuuuuuuuun dun.

Dun dun, dun dun, dun dun, dun...

DUN DUN, DUN DUN, DUN DUN, DUN DUN!!!

Screenshot_20230429-081755.png

Edited by DJ Dangerous
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 2

27 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

Frankly, without accurascale, IRM would be a one release a year part time effort. 

Yea understood that. Hope the growing business doesn't consume so much of your head space that you don't get to enjoy the hobby personally yourself as much you did in the past. Hope you are really enjoying this remarkable odyssey. Doing business in brexitistan must be challenging at times. US market beckons :) 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

Frankly, without accurascale, IRM would be a one release a year part time effort. 

To be honest the amount of capital that has gone into the Irish model railway market is just incredible and someone somewhere has a lot of faith or is good extracting the money from investors.

Either way you guys have to be congratulated on what you have done so far, the old saying is you can never please all the people all the time will be so true.

As much as some of us would love to see a RTR Irish steam loco I guess you will have to choose wisely and I am guessing that IRM by itself does not have the resources to have a bad model that no one wants.

So as I see it you have two routes to choose from:-

1 A limited run of certain steam locomotive classes

or

2 a run of something a bit more generic such as a series of 4-4-0 tender locos where the design costs can be spread across say four or five different locos.

Regards

Colin Rainsbury  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Colin R said:

Of course, just to throw a spanner into the works IRM could follow Hornby's lead and produce almost scale 5ft 3ins gauge stock in 3mm scale running on 16.5 track 🫢

Funnily enough Paul is our office is pushing exactly for that lol. 

19 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

Funnily enough Paul is our office is pushing exactly for that lol. 

Don't do it - you'd get four customers - I can probably name them ......

Someone in the Stock Market understands that too, with Hornby shares losing a third of their value this year.

• Like 2

On 7/2/2023 at 4:20 PM, flange lubricator said:

The Park Royal coaches would be a great one to do as they span the period 1955 to 1990 with many liveries Silver , Green , Black and tan and IR B&T with two white stripes , also many variants Suburban, mainline , Guard/ brake, Snack car etc  

Glad to see IRM doing Park Royal’s as their next or project . 

• Like 3

Just now, Colin R said:

So just to be sure on this, which Park Royals are in the first batch, I see four green coaches which are now on my want list but i don't see one with a brake compartment or are they next? 

Brakes, ambulances and silver mainlines are likely to be announced after the first batch land or are close to landing.

• Like 3

At this rate I will need to sell the house and move in to a tent.

Seriously for a moment having now decided to build a layout based on Downpatrick would that had have trains of say 3 or 4 bogie coach lengths, there was a photo of a 14 coach six wheeler train set  on an old website but in the main platform but I think that was in the 1920/30's.

So let us believe that a station like Downpatrick survived to the 1960's so the layout would be based on a secondary country terminus that still had direct trains to both Belfast and Dublin, it wouldn't be mainline but at the same time it is still important enough to have those types of services.       

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

7 minutes ago, Colin R said:

Seriously for a moment having now decided to build a layout based on Downpatrick would that had have trains of say 3 or 4 bogie coach lengths, there was a photo of a 14 coach six wheeler train set  on an old website but in the main platform but I think that was in the 1920/30's.

So let us believe that a station like Downpatrick survived to the 1960's so the layout would be based on a secondary country terminus that still had direct trains to both Belfast and Dublin, it wouldn't be mainline but at the same time it is still important enough to have those types of services.       

Make sure the tent is big enough for the layout!

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Colin R said:

Colin

You'd save a fortune on rolling stock. A CAF set for the "local trains" and an ICR for Dublin excursions - of course, you really should do the whole triangle with the Loop Line Platform - then you'd need that Yurt?

Joking apart, it'd make a great model railway and Tullygrainey could loan his BCDR diesels and steam!

Edited by leslie10646
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Westcorkrailway said:

Just make current day downpatrick….think of the loco variety! 

To be honest that is part of the inspiration, a few 6 wheeler coaches, a couple of railcars bodies plus all my Irish loco kits, I would like to get some more details about there heritage rolling stock and a few wagons........ bingo

Edited by Colin R
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Colin R said:

To be honest that is part of the inspiration, a few 6 wheeler coaches, a couple of railcars bodies plus all my Irish loco kits, I would like to get some more details about there heritage rolling stock and a few wagons........ bingo

im going to do a quick round in my head as to how you could do Current day downpatrick.

~A39r IRM

~C231, and soon C226 Silverfox (possibly IRM in the not so distant future)

~146 was produced by IRM. The livery is slightly wrong though 

~GSWR 90 3d print 

~Silverfox G class

~450 and 80 class if you can get those 3d prints (they do exist)

rolling stock 

~a nice IRM Park Royal 

~1 or two Hattons 6 wheel coaches

~3 IRM ballasts and a plough van 

~a static model railbus

Any other suggestions for the stock???

I’m sure someone else have given it some thought 

Though I would be sorely tempted by a Hunslet & five Enterprise set in the original maroon, a GNR Vs and possibly a Park Royal or two and a BR Van, I can't see myself buying too many new rtr Irish models, I enjoy designing and building models and simply don't get the same level of enjoyment from collecting rtr models no matter how detailed.  Most of my kit kit built models built over the last 40 years live in display cases in the house and work-shop, the vast majority of my rtr MM and IRM models are stored out of sight in their boxes. 

I probably have enough un-built kit and layout building projects to keep my busy for the rest of my life without buying another rtr model.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1