Irish Royalty - Park Royal Coach Next For IRM

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

On 11/5/2023 at 3:44 AM, Niles said:

1944 in the early green at Downpatrick. And yes, I know that technically it wouldn't have carried this livery as a brake conversion or with the plated over windows but it's actually one of the very early ones (originally numbered 1381, so the 3rd in the batch) so quite likely would have been one of the ones to carry it.

Given the RPSI ones generally carried the lighter green it's something different anyway.

52237180899_b6b766a587_o.jpg

Well , if memory serves it became second in the batch after 1380 was converted to AM14.Wasn't 1381 refurbished to 1944 after being involved in the Cheryville accident?

EDIT: On reviewing the 1987 list of stock it looks like in addition the following coaches are missing from the PR 1379- sequence and may be the ones converted to TL brakes coaches 1941-8 c.1984.

1381, 1382, 1392, 1393, 1397, 1412, 1414

I presume that 1380 and 1408 were still AM 14 & AM 15 (c 1971) or had they been retired? I don't see them listed  in 1987 but I seem to be short of a brake coache above. Maybe one from the 1420 series?

1419 which had been Snack 2423 until c 1984? was back in the regular PR fleet 

Edited by DiveController
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...

So, now that the IR livery Mk2B/C coaches are starting to land with people, and the NIR and RPSI Mk2B/C coaches are now homely, what's the word on Project Park Royal?

Will the H Vans and Grain Hoppers be skipping ahead of the Park Royals?

Will the Park Royals pip the ICR's to the post?

Will the sluggish Canarian dispatch of my own IR livery Mk2's be here before the next IRM project arrives in stock?

Tune in next month to find out!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJ Dangerous said:

So, now that the IR livery Mk2B/C coaches are starting to land with people, and the NIR and RPSI Mk2B/C coaches are now homely, what's the word on Project Park Royal?

Will the H Vans and Grain Hoppers be skipping ahead of the Park Royals?

Will the Park Royals pip the ICR's to the post?

Will the sluggish Canarian dispatch of my own IR livery Mk2's be here before the next IRM project arrives in stock?

Tune in next month to find out!

I ordered some packs of Bulleid Opens together with a single Park Royal, hopefully some day they will arrive together😐

29 minutes ago, Mayner said:

I ordered some packs of Bulleid Opens together with a single Park Royal, hopefully some day they will arrive together😐

You should probably send them a support mail John as you are specifically asked not to combine pre-orders from different product lines in case one line arrives much later than the other and the first line is out of stock before the second line arrives. Stock is not held for a customer until all the pre-orders are in stock AFAIK so your open wagons might be sold to someone else if you don't sort it out with a request for support. There are only a handful left in stock so get your skates on 😉

Edited by murphaph
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

Janey mac, can they not get the livery even half right!

@Cyberbeagle and I spent considerable time researching the subject of how many eau de nil lines the dark green ones carried when repainting 1944 at Downpatrick—the evidence we found suggests only one.

And yes, contrary to what many say, a few of them DID carry the dark green (and with 1944/1381 being the third in class, it's quite likely it was one of them). :)

29 minutes ago, Niles said:

@Cyberbeagle and I spent considerable time researching the subject of how many eau de nil lines the dark green ones carried when repainting 1944 at Downpatrick—the evidence we found suggests only one.

And yes, contrary to what many say, a few of them DID carry the dark green (and with 1944/1381 being the third in class, it's quite likely it was one of them). :)

Yes, only one!

1 hour ago, Mayner said:

Hi John,

as @murphaphhelpfully said, best course is to contact our support team with your order number. For orders with products from multiple lines, our system will only fulfil the order once all the items are in stock and we have to manually intervene to split the orders upon receiving a request from the customer

Regards

Andrew 

22 minutes ago, MOGUL said:

Hi John,

as @murphaphhelpfully said, best course is to contact our support team with your order number. For orders with products from multiple lines, our system will only fulfil the order once all the items are in stock and we have to manually intervene to split the orders upon receiving a request from the customer

Regards

Andrew 

So, you're saying that we can force IRM to operate a Trunk Service for us by adding something not expected for a long time to our basket?

😂😂😂😂😂

• Funny 2

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

There must be some sort of update due on these soon enough. Gonna go out on a limb and say Q1 or Q2 delivery?

There was an update due 7 weeks ago

On 12/7/2024 at 11:44 AM, Warbonnet said:

decorated park royals and full update due in the next 4 weeks! 

2 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Yup, that's why I think there has to be one soon. Although the "due in the next 4 weeks" bit was ambiguously worded enough to be non-committal.

Probably not on a Sunday, though.

saying nothin😇😇

• Funny 1

8 minutes ago, derek said:

saying nothin😇😇

I'm sure that Marks' will have them in stock when they arrive.

On 12/7/2024 at 7:35 PM, derek said:

Yeah, I actually cancelled my preordered Park Royals . All the wagons arriving ahead of them was a bit of a pain, given that the Royals were ordered about ten years ago it seems. After I obtained some Cravens it really made my mind up to cancel. In fairness if I hadn't got the Cravens, I would have hung on. And on..............

🤭🤭🤭🤭

Screenshot_20240901-143318~2.png

Hi folks,

Decorated samples are being prepped. We currently await them and will provide a full update when they land with us. 

each coach is coming with a big wooden spoon. Thankfully Derek already has one, so he wont miss out now he has cancelled his order, he'll just miss out one the nicest Irish coach model to date (well, neck and neck with our Mark 2s!)

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 5
  • WOW! 1
  • Funny 3

5 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi folks,

Decorated samples are being prepped. We currently await them and will provide a full update when they land with us. 

each coach is coming with a big wooden spoon. Thankfully Derek already has one, so he wont miss out now he has cancelled his order, he'll just miss out one the nicest Irish coach model to date (well, neck and neck with our Mark 2s!)

Cheers!

Fran

You win the internet today!

8 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi folks,

Cheers!

Fran

Ah shur, I said I was saying nothin. 😀 And it's Dave needs the spoon😉. I'm sure the coaches will be beautiful, but I don't really need a lot of stock, and with the cravens I got I will be just fine. No really. I will just be over here in the corner silently sobbing😄 Best of luck with them

• Like 1