Irish Royalty - Park Royal Coach Next For IRM

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

3 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Really nice choice. Quintessentially Irish. I expect these to sell rather well.

I believe you were looking for a bigger challenge than just building a loco out of a box of dust, so...

How dirty did these get in real life, if "somebody" were to get roped into weathering a few rakes?

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

About to place a few pre-orders, but have a question for the lads, first.

Is it likely that all sixteen (or more!) will arrive in stock at the same time, or are they more likely to arrive in batches, like greens together, IRs together, snack cars together etc?

I don't want to cause problems for you if my pre-orders end up being a mix of in-stock and pre-order items together.

In truth, I have known about these for well over 6 months at this stage. And for every single announcement I have been guessing it would be these to come out shamelessly!!!

glad that my torture of waiting for the official announcement is finnally here!

The green in the previews looks pretty spot on to. You can release the lines green A class you have been holding on to in the warehouse now 😁😁😁😁

• Funny 4

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

this is going to hurt my railcar fund....

The Park Royals are due next January, and the ICRs in July if that helps

1 minute ago, Fowler4f said:

Will these be available through the Accurascale website for UK based customers ? 

UK customers can now buy in GBP from irishrailwaymodels.com with free shipping over £100 (Customers in NI can choose either EUR or GBP and get free postage on all purchases)

Quick comment/question. First of all, the new shop tabbed interface (maybe it's not that new but new to me) looks great and the exact years of service information is great too....which leads me to a question:

Did the Park Royals have a twin IR style stripe in 1984 already or is that perhaps an error in the text on the pages of the ones with the twin "tippex" stripes?

eg: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/park-royal-coaches/products/park-royal-d-176-suburban-no-1389tl

I always thought the twin 3" stripes only came in 1987 but my knowledge of these particular coaches is about zero.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Quick comment/question. First of all, the new shop tabbed interface (maybe it's not that new but new to me) looks great and the exact years of service information is great too....which leads me to a question:

Did the Park Royals have a twin IR style stripe in 1984 already or is that perhaps an error in the text on the pages of the ones with the twin "tippex" stripes?

eg: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/park-royal-coaches/products/park-royal-d-176-suburban-no-1389tl

I always thought the twin 3" stripes only came in 1987 but my knowledge of these particular coaches is about zero.

The two era descriptions should probably be 1980 to 1987 and 1987 to 1994, instead of 1980 to 1984 and 1984 to 1994?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, murphaph said:

Cheers Mark. Did they ever run in revenue service through Kildare as late as '94?

No they were banned from the lines with 90mph running due to their construction from the mid eighties so they would not have been in Kildare on revenue earning services.

5 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

mounted on an all-welded triangulated 61’ 6” underframe, running on Commonwealth bogies. These underframes were made in the United Kingdom, by the Wolverhampton firm of John Thompson Pressings Ltd.

Not to jump to conclusions but this underframe and bogies were also shared on the laminates and other coaches  like parcel vans and buffet cars so the future is very bright indeed …………..

• Like 4
  • Agree 2