Irish Royalty - Park Royal Coach Next For IRM

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Anyone in UK thinking about purchasing Park Royals, I bought all 16 yesterday via Partial.ly. £48.80 deposit, £100 pm for next 7 months and then a VAT payment prior to delivery of £148.76. Sixteen coaches with working lights @£56.10 each.

Last year I managed to get MM Mk2 from Marks Models, 10 in total costing approx £51 each.

• Like 2
  • Informative 2

delighted to hear this announcement as I have been trying to source some cie rolling stock but was not gonna pay the gougers on some sites for cravens. Real arm and a leg stuff . I was seriously considering buying some random lookalike coaches and attempting to paint them myself. The " Irish" part of my collection consists of one IRM  Aclass (027) (superb) and four MM carriages. It was all Hornby stuff with me before I even realised there was an Irish modelling scene. Just a couple of questions on the Park Royals: Will the couplings be the same as those on the A class, as the ones on the MM coaches have my head melted. They just dont line up. And on the expected delivery date: In the original announcement by Warbonnet, quarter2 of 2024 is given but earlier on this thread Stephen mentions  next January. Just wondering which is it?. Doesn,t matter either way as I will be pre ordering three at least. Thanks

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Did any Park Royals make it to 1994 with a single 6" stripe like some of the Cravens did? 

Yes. 1984 photo (C) Steve Rabone. As I remembered the Park Royals, I never saw them in Tippex myself.

https://www.steverabone.com/RailwayPhotographs/ireland_1984.htm

Have four of these with Kadee couplings. They will be joined by IRM versions. Two of these, two craven, two laminates and a HLV or GSV and you have an Irish passenger train from the 1960s through to the 1980s. Always mixed rakes of 'all kinds of everything'. Delighted to hear the IRM versions will be lit and have an anti-flicker capacitor. My personal nostalgia memory is main line versions with the big white WC window. Great news this era will be covered and some company for the early livery A classes too.

image.thumb.png.cb7a11f9ea07caf4c3d8081a3c5df040.png

• Like 3

Well I thought I had pre-ordered but got an email asking me to complete my purchase , even though I presumed it was payment when they were ready for dispatch, I contacted the lads and was told to proceed as instructed, I tried again but was asked for a credit card, I have never had a credit card, I usually pay with PayPal, I'm rightly pi&&ed off 😭

12 minutes ago, Gabhal Luimnigh said:

Well I thought I had pre-ordered but got an email asking me to complete my purchase , even though I presumed it was payment when they were ready for dispatch, I contacted the lads and was told to proceed as instructed, I tried again but was asked for a credit card, I have never had a credit card, I usually pay with PayPal, I'm rightly pi&&ed off 😭

Did you reach out to them about it?

6 minutes ago, Chris Morris said:

HI guys, can I ask does anything have any information on what a rack would look like normally?

That depends entirely on the era and location/service. When and where are you looking to model?

25 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Did you reach out to them about it?

That depends entirely on the era and location/service. When and where are you looking to model?

I sure did, just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.

PS, just got the latest reply, they are sorry, they cannot process the order with PayPal, it's frustrating.

Screenshot_2023-05-01-21-52-01-329_com.google.android.gm.jpg

Edited by Gabhal Luimnigh

52 minutes ago, Gabhal Luimnigh said:

I sure did, just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.

PS, just got the latest reply, they are sorry, they cannot process the order with PayPal, it's frustrating.

Screenshot_2023-05-01-21-52-01-329_com.google.android.gm.jpg

You can pay with Paypal but the preorder system needs a card to secure your order (like booking a hotel)

We take all debit and credit cards so your regular bank account debit card will do. We don’t actually charge it just perform a preauth. 

When the time comes we’ll send you a payment link and you can use all supported methods. 

Mathis method allows us to keep things automated so costs low and allows us the option to take orders with no money down and not need a deposit. 

16 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

You can pay with Paypal but the preorder system needs a card to secure your order (like booking a hotel)

We take all debit and credit cards so your regular bank account debit card will do. We don’t actually charge it just perform a preauth. 

When the time comes we’ll send you a payment link and you can use all supported methods. 

Mathis method allows us to keep things automated so costs low and allows us the option to take orders with no money down and not need a deposit. 

Ya I understand all that but I don't have and never had a bank account, credit card or debit card, I use the stuff we had years ago called money 💸, it's still legal tender in my house 😂

• Funny 1

3 minutes ago, Gabhal Luimnigh said:

Ya I understand all that but I don't have and never had a bank account, credit card or debit card, I use the stuff we had years ago called money 💸, it's still legal tender in my house 😂

if you have paypal you have a bank account :)

Otherwise Fran will happily take cash at the october show if we’ve any left 🤣🤣

32 minutes ago, Gabhal Luimnigh said:

What is the bank ? I don't understand you

How do you fund your paypal account? 

A paypal account must be linked to a bank account or a credit card account from which paypal draws money to cover the payments you make via paypal.   A paypal account may also be funded  via the receipt of money from others (eg a sale on Ebay) in which case you can carry a balance with paypal which can be used to fund purchases you pay with paypal.  But it seems to me in all cases the money moving through paypal is coming from either bank or credit card accounts.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ironroad said:

How do you fund your paypal account? 

A paypal account must be linked to a bank account or a credit card account from which paypal draws money to cover the payments you make via paypal.   A paypal account may also be funded  via the receipt of money from others (eg a sale on Ebay) in which case you can carry a balance with paypal which can be used to fund purchases you pay with paypal.  But it seems to me in all cases the money moving through paypal is coming from either bank or credit card accounts.

Well you are incorrect, I already said I don't have a bank account, I get paid for some of my jobs through PayPal and therefore have a balance sometimes, I don't tell lies by the way.

• Confused 1

Sir, I regret becoming involved in this conversation.  I did not suggest you were lying, but what you are saying doesn't make sense to me and it would be helpful if you would enlighten us as you obviously know something about the operation of a paypal account that I don't.  If you read my posting you will note I did acknowledge that a paypal account may be funded "via the receipt of money from others" but that still leaves the question, how do you withdraw that  money?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ironroad said:

Sir, I regret becoming involved in this conversation.  I did not suggest you were lying, but what you are saying doesn't make sense to me and it would be helpful if you would enlighten us as you obviously know something about the operation of a paypal account that I don't.  If you read my posting you will note I did acknowledge that a paypal account may be funded "via the receipt of money from others" but that still leaves the question, how do you withdraw that  money?  

I don't withdraw any money from my PayPal account, I leave it there for purchasing stuff online as I don't have any credit card, thanks for your help.

53 minutes ago, BosKonay said:

Yep, from the announcement, we will launch mainline and ambulance versions anon...

Thanks!

Cheers Stephen. Thank you.

[EDIT] PS will order more when the mainline versions are listed.

Edited by Noel

27 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Did they mix n match the suburban ones with mainline ones if they were stuck (in the late 80s, early 90s)?

Based on photos I've seen, even early on they didn't seem to religiously keep the suburban ones off mainline duties and vice versa.

• Informative 4

35 minutes ago, Niles said:

Based on photos I've seen, even early on they didn't seem to religiously keep the suburban ones off mainline duties and vice versa.

Good stuff. I would have almost been surpised if this hadn't been the case given CIE's propensity to mix n match stock! Thanks for the confirmation 🙂

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Is it just the seating arrangements the difference between the suburban and mainline versions,  I have read the press release and this was all I could fathom, of course I did read it between pouring the wine so this would explain a lot. Fantastic looking coaches.

• Like 1